5 - 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙗𝙗𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙧𝙞𝙗𝙨, 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙤𝙡 𝙚𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆ 

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆ 

"Bellatrix!"

"Sirius!"

The twins quickly got up and went to their brother who was holding his bloodied nose but still had a grin on his face. Andromeda tapped her wand against his nose and it healed with a crack, but Walburga and Orion were yet to react to this scene. They were sitting on their chairs, quietly, as Cygnus half-heartedly reprimanded Bellatrix for her actions.

The only sign that they knew their son had been attacked was the slight look Orion sent in Bellatrix's direction, but Walburga sat so still because she was familiar with the purple light that had emerged from the witch's wand, and she was sure that its effects went way past a broken nose. But Sirius wasn't allowed to use magic outside of school, nor were Regulus and Aquila, Andromeda was much too invested in her treacle tart during the time when Bella had shot up to cast any shield for Sirius, Narcissa wouldn't do anything like this in front of her parents, Cygnus and Druella wouldn't want to do something like this. That left Orion, and herself. And she knew, that his reputation mattered more to Orion that his son's broken nose.

Or maybe, an untraceable magic form that fused her twins' magical signatures together shot out when either had an adrenaline rush?

No, that was really impossible.

- - -

The whistle of the Hogwarts Express broke through the tension in between the Black family. The children were severely disappointed when their parents had failed to give a proper reaction towards the hostility expressed by their dearest manic cousin.

"You're always plenty quick to snap towards Uncle Cygnus, but the moment that wretched witch broke Siri's nose, you were both sitting there like statues!" Aquila shouted, pointing a finger at her parents.

"You will not talk to me in such a way, Aquila Black. Know your limits, as Sirius should have done. He did an action, and faced its consequences," Walburga said in a low tone.

"Dad? Do you- do you really agree with mum? Would you let Bellatrix do the same to me or Aqua if we stepped a toe out of line?" Regulus scoffed.

"Leave it be, Reg. Their social reputation matters more to them than their own children anyway," Sirius said, holding Regulus back.

"Yeah, well, what you don't realise, Mother and Father," Aquila spitted out the words. "You're only lessening your reputation by letting people harm your kids. And shit if i'm going to stand down from this fight."

This encounter just led to another night-in for the Black children, with their meals sent up to their rooms because of their 'unruly' and 'wild and disgusting' behaviour.

"BOARD!" the conductor yelled, red in the face from all the screaming.

"Well, go along. Do not embarrass us, and Sirius, i should not get another letter from that woman regarding your behaviour," Walburga fixed her gaze on Sirius, who stared back at her.

"That woman's name is Professor McGonagall, thank you very much, and i'll make sure to let her know how much you enjoy her correspondence and are looking forward to more interactions," Sirius shot back, picked up his trunk and went in the direction of where his three friends were standing in a group before Walburga could say anything.

Knowing Sirius, he probably would march right up to Professor McGonagall and tell her that.

"Insufferable child," she muttered under her breath. "Anyhow, Regulus, Aquila, keep up the family name and make sure your brother doesn't get into any trouble."

"And don't get into trouble yourself," Orion added with a wink, and with that, Aquila and Regulus parted from their parents without so much as a goodbye or words of comfort.

"Hello, is this compartment full?" A teasing voice entered and Aquila saw the black hair of Rowan Mulciber, fellow Slytherin and classmate.

"No, but there certainly isn't any space for gits that don't bother to write over the summer," Aquila said dryly, while making space for the two idiots to sit.

"Hey Adrian, have a nice summer?" Regulus asked, pushing his trunk further under the seat to make space for Rowan's trunk as well.

"Ah, same old, same old. Father shut me in my room for three days after I scratched the mantle," he replied nonchalantly.

Aquila shot him a grimace, all too familiar with the old punishment of getting shut in her room. Rowan dug through his bag and produced a licorice wand, which was promptly stolen by Regulus.

"Hey! What'd you do that for?"

"Shouldn't have displayed it so well if you didn't want it taken, old chap," Regulus said, biting one end.

"I'm the old chap? Oh, that's rich, mate. Everyone knows you're the old man in a teenager's body."

"Oh you -" Regulus began, when suddenly the compartment door slid open and Sirius poked his head in.

"Hey, Avery, Mulciber. Reg, Aqi, step out for a second, will you?" Sirius said cheerfully.

Aquila grumbled and climbed over the extreme amount of luggage that Rowan had kept on the floor, while Regulus pushed her further outside, causing her to trip and step on Adrian's toes.

"Aw, man, fuck you, Reg," Adrian complained and gave a final shove to Regulus creating a beautiful domino effect which was further enhanced by the opening of the compartment door once again, this time, by none other than James Potter. Aquila smacked into his chest, and then pushed him away as the group of four stood in the train corridor.

"Ahem. Hello, Potter. Lovely boney set of ribs you've got there. Eat something, will you?" Aquila grimaced at the pain on her lip after colliding with the now amused boy.

"Normally, I would comment on your comment, but unfortunately, we seek you both out with a task," he said.

Sirius and James looked at each other, excited at the prospect of their plans moving forward. Aquila and Regulus exchanged a look as well, contemplating whether helping their brother and the Hogwarts resident prankster would be worth the potential trouble they could get in.

"Well, then. What is it?" Aquila asked.

"Heard you're both wonderful at charms. And potions," James added as an afterthought.

Now Regulus looked suspicious. "Yes. And?" he asked curtly.

Sirius and James grinned at each other before asking, "Do you guys know how to cast a Homonculous Charm?"

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆ 

tell me you got the niall horan reference

if you did, you have my respect and my hand for friendship

anyway, im trying to stray away from making my main character all slytherin bad-ass-y, bec then in most books they turn out to be invincible which hardly seems realistic.

anyway, given the choice, would you read teen fiction or fanfiction on wattpad?

that's all for today, hope you liked this one, and guys, I AM NOT SEEING YOU IN THE COMMENTS WHYYYY

toodles!

(also, generally not a fan of timothee chalamet but he looking like a snacc)

hy