18 - 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖 𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙥 𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙚. 𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Christmas break was here. The holidays had started, and because of a lot procrastinating (mostly on the twins' part), they had little to no idea how they were going to pull off the Homonculous Charm on Christmas Eve.

The halls were packed full of students, mostly going through their belongings a last time, a few handful here and there wishing their friends goodbye. After the earlier attack and the suspicious 'disappearances' of the muggles, no parent was willing to risk their children staying at Hogwarts. Even though Hogwarts had Dumbledore, as a Gryffindor first-year so cleverly pointed out.

There was little hope escaping the four boys who practically latched themselves onto the back of the twins' robes as they contemplated leaving for the Black Manor for Christmas. It was the first time they had been away from their house, away from their parents for a major holiday, and they were feeling the dip in spirits because of that.

It seemed that Sirius could detect their sorrow as he dragged the both of them by the back of their robes to the kitchens that very night after curfew.

"Sirius, this is really excessive and unnecessary. We can walk just fine on our own, you know," Regulus grumbled as he attempted to fix his robe that was being pulled by Sirius.

Sirius stopped pulling them for a second as if he was going to let them go, as any normal person would do.

Alas, this was Sirius, and he was as far from normal as one could be.

"Nope, you're not fooling me into letting you two go. I know you're sad and shit, boo - fucking - hoo, but i promise you guys, we're going to have way more fun making the map than you were going to have back at the place," Sirius said cheerfully.

"You're the only one who hates that place as much as you do, Sirius," Regulus said softly.

"Yeah, sure, it's a bit too silent at times, but, it's still our family," Aquila gave a small smile.

Sirius let out a humourless smile. "They may be family to you guys, since you made it into Slytherin. I'll never forget the terror I felt the first day in school and Bellatrix with her wand out and I-" he broke off.

"What? You told us about the Stinging Hex but this is something else," Aquila spoke sharply.

Sirius shrugged as if to say it's nothing. But it clearly was something, because Sirius was not one to dodge any opportunity to milk concern out of his sibling. Aquila pursed her lips, but said nothing except a shallow nod to Regulus.

"We heard Bellatrix over the summer," Regulus began. Sirius' head turned sharply to him at this, raising an eyebrow to ask him to continue. "She was talking to mother and father. Something about-" he broke off. Can I? Should I? He asked Aquila.

Aquila twisted her lips to the side, but nodded.

"I think it's best if instead of telling you, we show you, Siri," Regulus said softly.