𝐆𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐨 - 𝐈 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Harry Potter knew Aquila Black because she had visited him on his birthday.

Every year.

She would give him small gifts that were easy to hide from the Dursleys, and an added comfort was that Mr. and Mrs. Dursley were terrified of her.

All she had to do, really, was stare at them with her point-blank face and they would whimper and immediately leave the room.

When Harry was younger, Aquila got him small stickers that would tickle Dudley terribly when he put his hand on them, a pair of slippers that made Petunia slip down the stairs, and a toy soldier that Harry could take in his hand and tap the head three times when the Durseley's got a bit too rough with him, and Aquila would come in and take him away for a day or two.

Harry never asked about his parents, and Aquila never got the courage to tell him.

Aquila told him about the wizarding world, but never his value in it. She couldn't bear to see his childhood getting ripped away by people who were too nosy.

Every day, she fought with Dumbledore to allow her to take care of Harry, to take Harry under her wing, and every day, she fought with the Ministry to allow her brother to get out of prison.

Every day, she came back defeated.

Now she held the position of Head Alchemist at the Academy, and she felt bile rise up her throat when she thought of Severus Snape teaching Potions to young Harry. No doubt the slimy git would make life incredibly difficult for him.

- - -

"Oh come on, Harry, you really don't think you need that, do you?" she said, pulling him away from the set of solid gold Gobstones that he was eyeing. She kept a firm grip on the back of his robes because he was a slippery little child.

Hagrid walked in front of them, and had insisted on accompanying them on their trip. Aquila had made peace with him about the night, understanding the debt he felt he owed to Dumbledore.

Her anger wasn't towards Hagrid anymore. It was all Dumbledore.

"But imagine if I show up there with those! How cool would that be, Auntie Aqi?" he said, using the name he did when he wanted something.

Aquila dragged him away. "You're going to be plenty famous without those, Boy Who Lived. Come on," she said as he whined. She understood comfort as much as the next person, but solid gold Gobstones? Even she could see that was a waste of money. And she had taken a vow to empty Bellatrix's vault.

"I never should've taken you to Gringotts," she muttered, buying the pewter cauldron while Harry eyed the solid gold one. Again.

Aquila scoffed. "Honestly, what is it with you and solid gold things? Do you want me to buy you a neck chain so you can look like a gangster?" she said, heading over to Flourish and Blotts.

A person stopped on the way. "Mister Potter! Such a pleasure, such a pleasure, I always knew you had it in you-"

"Were you even born then?" Aquila said in distaste as Harry hid behind her.

The guy looked up at her, as if noticing her just now. Which was difficult, because Aquila held a very powerful presence in the market. Her Alchemist ring shone brightly, and the linings of her robes made her glitter.

Enough to take the attention away from the boy behind her.

"Who are you?" the person said, frowning.