17 - 𝙖𝙣 𝙤𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙧 𝙞 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙙𝙚𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙮 𝙧𝙚𝙛𝙪𝙨𝙚

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

"Hey, James," Aquila slipped into the chair next to the Gryffindor boy, cringing internally at the extreme amount of cologne teenage boys considered their birthright.

James raised an eyebrow, not looking up from the book he was reading. "James?"

"James is your name, is it not?" she tilted her head.

"What happened to 'Potter'?" he asked, immersed in his book still.

She raised a shoulder in a shrug. "Figured if we're doing something illegal together, might as well be friends."

"I'm not sure making a map of the grounds is illegal. I think I've heard McGonagall sass a first year or two into making a map."

Aquila raised an eyebrow. "Sassed? You're more of a teenage girl than i am, Po- James," she corrected herself, reminding herself she had to be nice.

"I thought you were being nice to me so you can convince us to leave you and Regulus alone about how you two are insisting on doing this spell alone?" James asked innocently.

AHHHHHHHH!

Aquila coughed and let out a secretive smile. "If you know this already then why don't you leave us alone?"

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? Regulus' voice came bright and clear and ear-splittingly loud in her head.

James finally put down his book. "I may seem dense as you have clearly classified all Gryffindors to be, but rest assured, i know you're hiding something and i will not rest until i find out what it is."

"I will not rest until I find out what it is," Aquila mocked. "Such a Gryffindor thing to say, don't you think so, Potter?"

James gave her a small sideways smile. "No, not really. I don't know how, but you somehow manage to point out everything wrong in a person and twist it to their house traits. And then you make fun of them for it. Slytherin thing to do, innit?"

"Pot, meet kettle."

James fully turned to her this time. "Tell you what, Aquila. Tell me this secret of yours and i promise i'll convince my friends to back off of your case."

"I thought your friendship group decisions were based on equality?" she asked dryly.

He shrugged in response. "We have veto powers. So, game or no game?"

He raised his hand, bringing it forward for her to shake.

Aquila raised her eyebrows and brought her hand forward.

And promptly slapped his hand away.

"As if I'm going to trust you or your little posse, Potter. You can take this deal of yours and shove it up your arse, because even if i did have a secret to tell, you would be the last person I'd tell."

- - -

"So I assume things did not go smoothly with Potter?" Regulus asked in an amused voice as he saw Aquila storm into his dorm in the evening.

"Smoothly? Smoothly? Did you hear what that arrogant arse, that idiotic prick said to me?" she screeched.

Rubbing his ears, Regulus sat up in his bed. "No need to go all banshee on me. I heard you before just fine, Aqi."

"I think you might just be in love with Potter, the way you defend him at every point and turn of life," Aquila said with her nose up in the air.

Regulus chuckled. "Absolutely. You have completely figured me out. I am unbelievably and irrevocably in love with James Potter, and I feel like coming out to our parents some time soon."

Aquila looked horrified. "Have you lost it? Don't even joke about such things. I'm sure that people in school would find a way to accept it, but our family? That hurts to even think about what they'd do to you."

"Relax, Aqi, I'm pretty sure I'm not gay. Kinda wish I were though, Potter's hot," Regulus gave a sideways smirk at his sister, who shuddered in response.

"You can stop trying to get me a boyfriend, Reg. I'm not interested."

"Yeah, because she's too in love with me to notice anyone else," Rowan crooned from behind as he reached to tickle the back of Aquila's neck.

Aquila squirmed away from him but a faint scarlet bloomed on her cheeks. Regulus gave her a wide-eyed look on seeing this development, and raised his eyebrows in a mix of disgust and curiosity.

"But why are we trying to get this troll a boyfriend?" Adrian said as he flopped on the bed on which Aquila was laying down.

Aquila gasped as Regulus snorted. "Me? A troll? You slimy little toenail, I will smother you with your pillow in your sleep!"

Adrian just grinned. Listening to threats from Aquila had become part of their daily routine when they had signed up to become her friend.

"No, but really, why are we finding a boyfriend for her?" Rowan asked, whose curiosity was piqued now that Adrian had brought it up.

Regulus sighed miserably but replied nonetheless. "You know how these things go. If she doesn't get a pureblood boyfriend fast, they'll just give her to a pedophile or something for her to marry."

Aquila grimaced at his wording, feeling Adrian wince slightly.

"Hey, if worse comes to worst, you can always marry me, mate," Rowan said in an attempt to lighten the atmosphere of the room.

Aquila laughed out loud at this, but Regulus couldn't help but feel her underlying disdain in his heart.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

omg i should really stop making my character blush at other people

and i know it's going a bit slow but it'll catch up im not even sure how long this is gonna be

anyway, hope you liked this one, click on the star button, i love you all!

hy