25 - 𝙢𝙮 𝙛𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙪𝙜𝙡𝙮 𝙙𝙤𝙡𝙡-𝙚𝙨𝙦𝙪𝙚

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

"Aquila, Regulus, this is not the time to sleep, it is Christmas Eve Eve!" Rowan strode into boys' dorms after third-wheeling with a cuddly Adrian and Maria. He pulled back the curtains on the two beds, and found the twins sleeping with their heads tucked inside the sheets. Pulling back the sheet, he let out a startled shriek as he came face-to-face with a horrendously ugly doll lying in the place where Regulus' head should have been.

Adrian came rushing down the stairs. "What is it? What happened?" he asked, panting.

"Regulus and Aquila are dead!" Rowan said miserably.

Adrian shook his head and slapped Rowan upside the head. "Where are they? What did you do to them?"

"As if I would stun them and then not display their bodies in a glass case with embarrassing costumes," Rowan huffed. "Where are they, though?"

"I heard Reg sneaking out in the middle of the night and I don't think Aqi ever came," Adrian said, scratching his head. Rowan frowned. Aquila and Regulus never had midnight adventures without them.

A first year burst into the dormitory. Rowan and Adrian immediately turned and put on their best mean faces, the one that made everyone call them 'sons of Death Eaters'. The eleven year old visibly gulped, and pushed his hair out of his face. "I - I was sent to tell you that Regulus and Aquila Black are in the Hospital Wing."

- - -

"Why are you jumping beds, Blackie?" James said, amusedly watching the younger twin standing on her bed and taking a huge step to the next one and the next one and the next one before turning back and jumping to her own bed again.

"I think it's because of the replenishing potion Madam Pomfrey gave her. She always had a rather hyper reaction to all potions," Regulus frowned, getting up from his bed and pulling Aquila's robes so she fell on her bed with a thump.

Aquila scowled. "No, thank you, grandma. I am jumping beds because I feel like it." Seeing Regulus raised eyebrow, she added in a low voice. "And because of the replenishing potion Madam Pomfrey gave me."

Stifling a laugh at this interaction (as compared to James who laughed out loud. Very loud), Peter slowly got up from his bed and approached the curtained area in which Remus was lying. Aquila and Regulus exchanged looks, still feeling quite hurt over what happened, and went off to the part of the Hospital Wing they had claimed for themselves.

"I didn't think they would be this upset, to be honest. They love a little sly deal," Sirius shook his head, motioning for James to scoot over as he climbed into his bed.

James frowned. "I really think it was the only way, and I'm quite surprised they didn't figure it out until we completed the whole dungeons."

"Well, it really was too late to stop it by then, wasn't it?" Sirius said, all signs of sadness gone, with a wicked look on his face.

"D'you reckon Remus'll be mad?" James said, still frowning, as he rubbed his eyes and tried to clear the blurriness in his vision.

Sirius frowned now, propping himself up on his elbow with his chin very close to James' shoulder. "Why would he be? We did this for him, didn't we? Even by the end of the North Tower, he looked like he might die anytime soon."

"Do you think we should have told them?" James asked softly.

Sirius shook his head. "They never would've done it if we didn't tell them the real reason, and we would never betray Remus' confidence like that."

James bit his lip to keep from saying that he was pretty sure the twins already knew Remus' secret, but Sirius tended to act less rationally when he found things out. He would probably march over to their beds and Obliviate them.

However, before James could respond, the doors to the Hospital Wing burst open to reveal Mulciber and Avery standing in the doorway with menacing looks on their faces. Madam Pomfrey came out from her office at the loud sound.

"And what exactly gives you the right to disturb my patients this way, gentlemen?" she barked, putting her hands on her hips. Mulciber and Avery immediately looked sheepish as they gently closed the door and Avery held up his hands in surrender and Mulciber flashed a peace sign and a blinding grin. Madam Pomfrey huffed and returned to her office, but not before wagging a finger at both the boys.

Approaching the two Gryffindors who seemed to be cuddling on the small hospital bed, Rowan and Adrian settled onto the bed next to them.

"What did you do to our twins?" Rowan asked threateningly.

James and Sirius mirrored confused looks. "What do you mean?"

"So, the twins are in the Hospital Wing, which they never are in, by the way, and the Troublesome Four are also there. Coincidence? I think not," Rowan said, cocking his head to the side.

"You're thinking we," Sirius said, motioning to himself and James, "hurt and brought them here?"

Rowan rolled his eyes. "No, of course not. I'm saying, you got them into trouble, which is an achievement in itself, if i'm being honest." He looked impressed, weirdly.

James shook his head. "Wait, are you here to defend them or...?"

"Well, initially I was here to attack you and say all sorts of awful things, but now I'm here to ask you something."

Rowan leaned forward which made James and Sirius lean forward in curiosity as well.

"How the hell did you convince Aquila and Regulus to do something which might get them in trouble?"

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

the whole of this family is making me swoon scuse me-

the real struggle is maintaining the balance bw writing your characters with dumbledore and not letting your anti dumby psnality show up in em

filler-ish chapter thingy

i think im just dawdling bec on on hand

i cant wait for aquila and james to get together

and on the other

i dont want my babies to grow up

also, please check out this book by the lovely slitherclaws 'redacted'

i swear you will NOT regret it

love you all *mwah*

hy