64 - 𝙝𝙪𝙝. 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩?

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

The funeral of Walburga Black was a small affair.

This wasn't weird, considering everyone was inter-related, and Orion's family didn't differ from Walburga's.

Which was weirder.

Orion had requested a close casket, and the children had been thankful for that. James had come along as Aquila's plus one, Peter had come as Sirius' plus one and Remus had come as Regulus' plus one. Regulus had protested to this, saying what if he wanted to invite someone else? Sirius had asked whether they had someone else they wanted to invite, and that shut Regulus up.

Aquila quietly sat in one of the rows, her hand securely between James'. It seemed out of the kids, she was the only one even remotely mourning her mother. Sirius was enjoying a glass of champagne in the corner (why was there champagne at the funeral?), Regulus was animatedly having a discussion with Peter and Remus. James sat by her side, his hand not leaving hers, her head on his shoulder, his thumb fiddling with the ring that marked her as an Alchemist.

From the other side of the garden, where Aunt Druella had been previously sobbing her eyes out, now glared at Aquila as she silently mourned her mother.

Apparently, Druella had called herself and Walburga 'closer than sisters', meaning her family would be present in the reading of the will, and now that one of her daughters was married, another engaged and the other ran away, it was just her and Cygnus.

The Black family moved to the sitting room of the Black Manor, and Druella eyed it all greedily.

Out of the two brothers, it had always been a sore spot for Cygnus that his elder brother, Orion, had gotten both the Manor and Grimmauld Place in their parents' will. Obviously, Orion had kept the Manor for himself and his family, and just to get something to complain about, Cygnus had made a large family so he could whine about the lack of space, even though Grimmauld Place was by no means a small house.

The Ministry official sat in front of the fireplace, his hand clutching a small pouch and a file. Everyone settled in, and the three Marauders took their place at the end of the room, not wanting to interrupt family affairs. Orion had greeted them all nicely, which made Aquila wonder if losing his wife had made him crazy.

"Here it is - The Final Will and Testament of Walburga Irma Black, daughter of Pollux Black, wife and second cousin of Orion Black," the official read out, clearing his throat lightly.

"In my life, I have always played the role of what has suited me and my family best. All I have done, I have done because of the teachings my parents imparted on me and out of love for my husband and my children.

For my sister Druella, I leave behind the moon chain she always admired. May this necklace forever bring you the luck you deserve." Druella glowered at this, mad that Walburga hadn't left her anything more, and angry at her choice of words.

"For my youngest child, Aquila, I leave my father's journals, along with a few pieces of my mother's most beloved jewellery. I also leave behind my tray at the parlour, the place where my daughter learnt her love for potions. Aquila, my child, you will be the owner of my late father's last house and its grounds, and I wish you will find the happiest path in life."

Honest, straight words. Walburga spoke in her will what she could never say while alive.

"For my beloved son, Regulus, I leave the ownership of Kreacher, for you saw in him the friend we could never provide you. The elf is not mine to give away, but when your father dies, Kreacher shall truly belong to you. I know you will do the right thing. I also leave behind some of the many secrets my grandfather kept, and hope that you will find a way to polish the Black name." Regulus pursed his lips, but said nothing. Sirius bit his lip, knowing there was nothing coming for him, except maybe a dust bunny or some equally shitty thing.

"For my eldest son, Sirius, I leave behind my animated copy of Stars and Destinies, the book you used to make me read with you every night. I also leave behind well wishes for him and his friends, and hope he finds happiness, fun and all the excitement we took away from him in life," the minister said. Sirius swallowed, running a hand through his hair.

The minister, however, was not done. "The last thing I leave for my eldest son is all the money and wealth that is there in my name, hoping that in death, you might be able to forgive me, even though I have not atoned."

Druella gasped out loud. "The boy has changed the will!" she shrieked, pointing a stubby finger at Sirius.

"It is impossible, madam, Mrs Black had kept an endless amount of protective enchantments on this," the minister said.

Sirius, however, looked only at Aquila and Regulus, neither of whom looked shocked.

Why would they be? Till now, Sirius was living off of Uncle Alphard's inheritance and James' parents. With all of Walburga's wealth... he might have to get a bigger vault at Gringotts.

Aquila wasn't concerned about money for herself and Regulus. Since Sirius had been officially disowned, he would get none of the family money when the true leader, Orion, died. All the massive wealth would be given to Regulus, since he was the Black heir. And since Cygnus had only daughters, he would get none of it.

So now, at the end of the day, Sirius Black walked out of his childhood house, perhaps for the last time, with his heart heavy with broken memories, and pockets heavy with tainted wealth.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

ok so we should expect the beginning of the end soon enough

im thinking of making it another act

im so confused

anyway, hope you liked it, love yall, bye!