3 - 𝙖𝙝, 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙩𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆ 

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆ 

"Black, Aquila," the Deputy Headmistress and the Head of Gryffindor house spoke loudly and clearly, as the crowd of first years parted to let the girl in question get up to the platform.

"Ah, another Black, eh? Whole family goes into Slytherin, but your older brother broke the trend, yes?" the Sorting Hat spoke in her mind.

Cursing Sirius under her breath for telling her those god-awful stories, she spoke. "Yes, my brother is in Gryffindor."

"And where would you like to go, little Black?" the Hat inquired.

"I would go anywhere you see fit for me," Aquila answered confidently.

"Ah, you're confident. You're brother was, too. You've certainly got the brains, the kindness, I can't say much, the pride is there, so is the cunningness. You're made for SLYTHERIN!" the Hat let out, and the table in the far corner let out a roar of applause, and Aquila cast a small smile at her twin, looked over at the Gryffindor table to find Sirius looking sad that she hadn't been sorted into Gryffindor, but enthusiastically shot her a thumbs up and cheered for her.

She bounded over to the Slytherin table, and immediately, ten hands shot out in front of her, introducing themselves in a flurry of activity.

"Hi, I'm Rowan Mulciber," a raven haired boy said enthusiastically.

"Hello, i'm Adrian Avery," a boy with light coloured eyes nodded at her.

"Hey, I'm Regulus," a familiar voice spoke in her ear, and she jumped in her seat to find eyes identical to hers grinning back at her. She threw her arms around his neck.

"Reggie! You made it," she said excitedly.

"I was rather afraid the Hat would send me back, but here I am!" Regulus replied with equal enthusiasm.

"Anyway, I see you've already met Adrian and Rowan. We met on the train. Guys, this is my sister, Aquila," Regulus introduced her, as the food appeared on the table.

Both the boys let out a chorus of greetings once more which Aquila returned as she let her eyes drift to the rest of the hall. She noticed Gryffindors absolutely ravaging the food, a hand tearing into a turkey here, a slurping sound of juice there. Hufflepuffs, the older students ate a bit wildly, not as much as the red and gold, but more so than the Ravenclaws, who were warmly explaining things about Hogwarts to the mudbl-muggleborns, she corrected herself. The Slytherins, however, ate with the calm poise of a diplomat dinner, as if scared that one of their acquaintances would complain about their table manners to their parents, making them the receiving end to a screaming scarlet letter.

Aquila let out a sigh of happiness, as Regulus poured some mashed potatoes on her plate, she met Sirius' friend, James' eyes across the room, who grinned cheerfully at her before nudging Sirius, who gave her a small wave and a thumbs up before going back to talking to his mousy friend, Peter.

Perhaps things wouldn't be the same, but maybe, just maybe, Hogwarts could be her home too.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆ 

i am very extremely creeped out by the sorting hat

the thing looks inside the heads of thousands of students dude

does it eat? if yes, then what? if no, then what does it do for the rest of the year?

this is also a bit short, i know, but chapter length increases when all the formality stuff is out of order.

anyway, you know the drill, stop, drop and roll!

lmao kidding

vote, comment, share! i love you guys!

hy