𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

A knock on the window interrupted Aquila's nighttime routine.

It was another letter.

It had been a few weeks since both their funerals, and those weeks were filled with visits to the Ministry of Magic, threatening to burn down the school if Dumbledore didn't help, bonding with McGonagall, and so many letters.

Letters from the jury that made the decision to send Sirius to Azkaban, letters from the investigation department who had found Sirius 'killing' those people, letters from a Squib that lived in Harry's neighbourhood and letters from Gringotts because Aquila now had to manage the accounts of Sirius, Regulus, herself, James', her parents and Bellatrix's.

Safe to say, she was rich.

She didn't need to work a day more in her life if she didn't feel like it, but she had to. To take her mind off.

At first, it felt like the most difficult thing, moving on, but she felt that Regulus would always be alive somewhere, within her. And James, as his funeral indicated, was alive in everyone he had ever met, from the best friend rotting in prison to the werewolf spending his days in a shack because he didn't want 'charity' from Aquila.

The letter was written on school parchment, so not from Gringotts. Or the Ministry.

And it was addressed to 'Aquila', not 'Miss Black', meaning it was from someone expressing their condolences.

The letter was a bit heavy, and a small velvet pouch came out.

Her breath knocked out of her. There was a small note on the pouch. James' handwriting.

Read the letter first.

Aquila's fingers fumbled as she opened the letter, gliding her fingers across the page as if to memorise what James had touched.

Hey Quilly,

You're not crying, are you?

You better not be crying.

What good would it do the world if the powerful Miss Aquila Black cried over insy-winsy Potter?

And what good would it do me to know you were crying when I'm not there to comfort you?

I'm actually writing this right now, like, it's barely been five months into hiding. I know you have questions, and I'm going to answer them all.

The child is not mine.

I would never cheat on you, I would never betray you, not even in the most drunken of stupours.

Partly because I love you so much, but also because my mum swore she would never let me in the house if I did that.

Aquila let out a small laugh through the sniffles.

I'm telling you something, but you can't tell it to anyone else. Lily doesn't know who the father of the child is. And well. . .don't kill him for this, but Dumbledore told me to stay with her as her 'protection', but then it seemed weird. Lily was afraid that future baby Harry would be the prophecy child, but personally, I think she's hoping for it to be Frank and Alice's kid.

She thinks it's selfish, but I think it's natural for her to want to defend her child.

She got pregnant with a random hookup, but she knows it was a wizard. There's rumours saying that it's mine and Lily's child, but Dumbledore's doing nothing to stop them.