14 - 𝙢𝙖𝙢𝙖, 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙠𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙖 𝙢𝙖𝙣, 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙙

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Learning that the Potters had an invisibility cloak, the invisibility cloak, was certainly...interesting. On one hand, it was certainly astonishing to note that the Potters, of all people, had ancestry related to the Peverells. On the other, Aquila felt they could use this information to exploit certain advantages that this cloak might bring to them.

And no, this definitely did not include smuggling illegal potion ingredients from Slughorn's private lab.

No, definitely not.

"I mean, how did we not know?" Aquila said, throwing up her hands, when they were sitting later that day in the girls' dormitory. "For Salazar's sake, we're the magic twins. Wonder twins. Amazing twins. We know everything about everyone! How did we not know about this invisibility cloak?"

"Consider this, maybe because it's, ah! Invisible?" Regulus said, his comment paired with an eye roll.

She threw a pillow at him.

"Rise and shine, twins!" Rowan said, entering the girls' dorm with a bang.

Adrian rushed behind him and mended the door. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'll have him checked," he said with his cheeks red from embarrassment.

Rowan decked him on the head. "Thou shall not have me checked! It is a wonderful, wonderful day, and fuck if I'm going to let anything ruin it!"

"Why is it a wonderful day, Rowan?" Aquila asked disinterestedly.

"Because, dearest Aquila, my father is down with the flu! Healers say there's a sixty per cent chance he may not survive. I say, let's throw a party!" he beamed at her, throwing his wand up at the last sentence and producing confetti from it.

Regulus smiled at him. "Sure, Rowan. Let's go down to the kitchens, throw a wonderful little party, just the four of us, and pray to all gods that your father does not recover from this. That sound good?"

"That sounds amazing, Reg. I just want to say, I love you all so much, and thank you for being there with me in this trying time," Rowan said, putting a hand on his heart.

Aquila frowned. "I thought you were happy about this?"

"I am worried for the remaining forty per cent," Rowan said.

She put a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry, Ro. He'll die. If not, we'll slip poison in his wine," she said smiling.

Rowan wiped a tear from his eye. "You guys are the best."

- - -

"Sirius, for Merlin's sake, can you keep it down?" James hissed into his best friend's ear, kicking him in the shin, making his leg stick out of the invisibility cloak.

"Said the actress to the bishop!" Sirius giggled, and swiftly tucked his leg back in. Two-fourths of the Marauders were out in the halls of Hogwarts precisely a minute before curfew, however, being the Marauders, they automatically thought the rule did not apply to them.

Marauders? In bed before curfew? Ha! Fat chance.

They crept down the hallway to fetch something from the kitchen for Remus, who was still in the hospital wing after a particularly brutal full moon. Peter kept by his side while the two volunteered to go to the kitchens and get Remus something with chocolate in it or on it or with it or all of the above. They stopped when they heard noises from the corridor in front of them.

With a confirmation nod from Sirius, James tickled the pear and the door swung open, revealing four third year Slytherins, sitting around one of the smaller tables, with glasses of wine in their hands (Merlin knows where they got that), and talking about something slowly.

Sirius motioned to James to keep quiet, and the fourteen year olds went closer towards them.

At first, the conversation seemed to be completely random and based on flu and diseases, but then James caught an actual snippet of the conversation.

"We'll visit him in a month or two, if they say he's been getting better, ask them for a moment alone with him and then smother him with his pillow," Aquila suggested.

Sirius and James shared a horrified look before turning back to the conversation.

"Yeah, I can do that, but will I suddenly come out of the room saying a man who was healthy moments ago suddenly died in my presence? Do you know how well that will go for my reputation?" Mulciber said, putting his head in his hands.

Aquila shrugged. "Not that you have much of a good reputation in the first place, though."

Regulus shot her a glare and mouthed not helping. She widened her eyes and lifted a shoulder, mouthing back it's true.

Avery patted Mulciber on the back. "Don't worry, mate. We'll just poison his drink at the next gathering, and tell everyone the flu returned."

Mulciber shook his head. "No, didn't you hear? My uncle died from ingesting some weird plant and the Healers at St. Mungo's figured it out in a second!"

"Oh, if you're worried about the poison, don't worry. There's a poison that is non-traceable, I read about it sometime back. I'll get a chance to practice it, Ro. Think about it, seriously," Aquila said.

Regulus turned to her. "Be sure to brew an extra batch for you and I to take because I'm sure mother and father have planned our deaths more brutally after the Christmas stunt we've pulled."

Aquila's face paled. "I am, for the moment, just hoping that they do not call Bellatrix to our house when we go home for the summer."

Mulciber licked his lips. "Do you guys know for sure that Bellatrix is a Death Eater?"

"Why, want to make sure we die suffering?" Regulus said off handedly.

James had become so engrossed in the conversation, he failed to see Aquila moving her foot. Discreetly elbowing Sirius, he motioned for him to step back. As they started slowly taking a step backwards, Aquila raised the top of her foot and stepped on the bottom of the cloak, making the cloak fall to her feet and revealing her brother and his nosy git of a friend.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

it was a pain writing mulciber after calling him rowan for so long

also goddamn i love this friendship where it's "help me hide the body" "bro i'll help you kill em"

and my anxiety level is through the roof bec 1) i am running out of draft chapters and 2) ive got an exam day after

anyway, vote, comment, share, and what is your favourite candle?

mine is green apple or maybe winter wonderland from bath and body works

ooh and how'd you like the new description?

hope you liked it! tata!

hy