22 - 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙖𝙣 𝙞𝙙𝙞𝙤𝙩 : 𝙝𝙤𝙜𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙨 𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

"Hey, shithead, what's up?" Regulus asked, pushing Aquila over and laying down on the bed beside her.

"I hate everything," Aquila informed him, having to hold on to one of the bedposts to avoid falling over.

"Ah, that explains the problem between you and Potter," Regulus said. Aquila quirked her lips to the side in not quite a smile.

"Nosy shit," she said, not answering his implied question.

Regulus elbowed her in response, nudging her to answer his question.

"Fine, fine, so you know the whole damsel in distress thingy between Potter and I yesterday, this weird eye contact thing happened and I don't know why he's taking it so seriously. I mean yeah, that was some intense eye contact but it's not like I fell in love with him?" Aquila rambled.

Regulus chuckled. "Then why are you avoiding him?"

"Because, ugh, I don't know? I don't want to fall in love with him?" Aquila groaned.

Regulus stiffened. "So you're saying there's a chance?"

Noticing his sudden shift in mood, Aquila turned towards him. "What is so wrong if there is?"

"You know what's wrong," Regulus said sharply.

"No, I don't. Enlighten me, please," Aquila snapped.

Sitting up in bed, he replied. "He's a Gryffindor, a blood-traitor and if war comes, will most likely be on the other side. Would you raise a wand to him if it came to it?"

"What makes you think we'll be fighting on the wrong side?" Aquila asked.

"There are no wrong sides in a war, Aquila. Only the one you believe in." Seeing her expression fall, Regulus continued softly. "I'm only giving you a reality check, Aqi. Please don't start something you can't follow through with."

"Nice to know you trust me. And I can make my own choices, thank you very much." With that and a huff, Aquila rose from the bed, throwing Regulus off it in the process and storming out of the room.

- - -

"What's up, buttercup?" Sirius plopped on the bed beside James, who was re-reading Quidditch Through the Ages for the thousandth time, but with a scowl on his face.

"Life sucks," James replied.

Grabbing the book from James' hands, Sirius placed it on the nightstand. "I know it does, but what I'm asking is why? What happened?"

"Why? I'll tell you why. The girl I've liked for two years now has yet to call me anything but an idiot, the new girl I started to like refuses to look at me, and now I just feel like hitting her head against the wall and asking her what's wrong!" James huffed out, knocking over Sirius' hands and taking back the book.

"Well, as romantic as hitting someone's head against the wall is," Sirius said, "you should probably try a different approach. Send flowers. Girls love flowers."

"I'm not sure black roses are available," James said grumpily.

Sirius scratched the back of his head. "Mate, I'm not very sure, but don't black roses mean death?"

"I could care less what they mean and what they represent."

"What do they represent?"

"The black depths of her soul."

Sirius snorted. "I'm sure you're just making it sound dramatic. She can't be that bad."

"You're treating this like a joke when I'm having a dilemma 'round here? I thought you were going to help, Sirius."

With that dramatic tantrum, James stormed out of the room.

- - -

Walking across the courtyard, Aquila huffed and puffed to herself about the spectacular situation she had got herself in. Perhaps instead of so smartly ignoring James, she should have just pretended nothing happened. Maybe then she won't be feeling so guilty about his crestfallen face.

But the incredible fact was that nothing had actually happened. Maybe she was becoming a hormonal teenager who wanted to fulfil the cliche of falling for her brother's best friend, who is also, gasp! from the rival house.

While trying to advocate for herself from her own self, Aquila was succeeding at finding her fault in the situation and both saving herself from it. Classic.

So I think you can imagine why she was so distracted as to completely miss the fourteen year old looking at the ground and walking furiously, as one does when they seem intent on breaking the ground.

James was beginning to think that perhaps he had misread the situation. Maybe he was the only one reacting like this at the slightest eye contact. Maybe he was just imagining things. Maybe he was just being a hormonal teenager who wanted to fulfil the cliche of falling for his best friend's sister. But you've talked to her before this, the little voice in his mind whispered. What's so different about this time?

The thing was, James didn't actually know why he was reacting in this manner. Sure, he could be at fault in this situation, but couldn't Aquila be as well? And all this was not helped by the approaching Quidditch match, which just made James' nerves more frayed.

So i think you can imagine why he was so distracted as to completely miss the small thirteen year old looking at the ground and walking tightly, as one does when they seem intent on creating as little impact on the ground as possible, and collided into her.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

wow im so cliche

i love cliches

this book is one astronomy tower and christmas ball scene away from becoming full blown cliche

wait this update is so late wtf my apologies

summer is beginning again and i am going to PUKE

i hate summer if it wasnt obvious

sure, ice cream is good, but so is FUCKING NOT SUNBURNT SKIN FUCK YOU SUMMER

hy