38 - 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙖 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧. 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚'𝙨 𝙬𝙝𝙮-

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Sirius Black in the library was never a good thing, Marlene McKinnon had come to realise.

She peered from behind her book where she was pretending to study under the watchful gaze of Lily Evans. The three girls had been coming more and more to the library as their usual hangout spots seemed to be often occupied by unwanted guests.

Now, while the three girls generally stuck together, Marlene had to admit she did hate what Lily had said at the start of the previous year, about all Slytherins being death eaters. Marlene's brother, Manu, had come crying to her the next day when he'd been sorted into Slytherin, asking if what Lily said was true and if he was going to end up a death eater. Marlene had glared Lily over his head as she hugged him, and finally Lily had the decency to look shameful.

Lily's wild accusation also had created a slight strain between the Marauders and the girls, considering that Sirius' siblings were in that house and the rest of the Marauders were also very close with them. It seemed nowadays, however, that a little sibling fight had occurred and therefore, Sirius had been on normal terms with the girls.

Although right now, Sirius hadn't noticed their presence, and was heading towards the Beasts and Animals section of the library, hands in his pockets and whistling a low tune. Marlene peered between the stacks to find Severus Snape standing in the section with his nose deep in a copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

Oh dear. If there was one thing Marlene knew, it was that Sirius Black and Severus Snape together in the same place could not lead to anything good.

Sirius approached the place where Snape was standing, five steps away, four, three, two-

And he turned to his side, and picked up a book from the stacks, bent down to tie his shoelaces, and went away.

Now, wasn't that suspicious.

- - -

"Nosebleed again, Blacks?" Madam Pomfrey asked with a tired look on her face.

Aquila and Regulus Black stood in front of the nurse, grinning, noses bleeding heavily and blood dripping down all over their clothes. They didn't wait for the matron to say anything, just went and sat down on the beds that they had claimed as their own during their hundreds of visits.

Practicing hidden magic on each other often led to injuries, and while Rowan was quite adept at healing spells, he had not been able to staunch the bleeding this time and had proceeded to lie down on the bed and wave them away with a lazy hand.

"Lie down on the bed with your heads hanging off the corner and-" Madam Pomfrey began, but Aquila waved her away.

"We know the drill, Poppy," she grinned.

Madam Pomfrey harrumphed and went away, but not before casting a Scourgify on the twins, clearing any blood on their faces and robes. Both the twins sat on their respective beds and laid down with their heads facing each other.

"Who do you reckon is in the corner bed?" Regulus asked in a nasally voice.

Aquila gripped her cap which was threatening to fall off. "Lupin, definitely. That's why Pomfrey wants us out of here quickly."

"Is it a full moon tonight?"

"Has to be. James was taking notes all day."

"He's your calendar?"

"What, do you expect me to remember a lunar calendar just for fun?"

"Are you saying you wouldn't?"

"Is that a challenge, you little shit?"

"I never said that, but sure."

"Blacks!" Madam Pomfrey shouted. "Stop fighting like little children and get your Blood Replenishing Potions and get out."

Aquila and Regulus laughed and got up, grinning at Madam Pomfrey. Adrian and Rowan stood outside the doors, well, Adrian was standing. Rowan was sitting on the ground. A faint mummer came from near them somewhere, and they turned around to find Peter holding up a very, very pale Remus.

"Oh, hey guys!" Peter squeaked, struggling under the lanky boy's weight.

"Hey, Peter," Rowan said warily. Aquila nudged him.

He rolled his eyes but went towards the two Gryffindors and put Remus' arm around his shoulder, hefting him upright. Thanks to Rowan and Peter's height difference, Remus was stuck awkwardly between the two boys. Adrian smiled apologetically and took Remus' other arm from Peter and held him.

"Where's your remaining gang?" Rowan asked, moving to the doors.

"They're on their way, I'm sure," Peter looked around. Madam Pomfrey came at the gates and took a now shivering Remus with her and waved Rowan and Adrian away, shutting the doors in their faces.

"No need to be rude," Rowan grumbled, straightening his shirt.

Peter thanked them and quickly scurried away, casting looks around as if someone was following him.

"C'mon, then," Rowan slung an arm around Aquila's shoulder. "Leggo."

But of course, nothing goes peacefully at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, not even a walk to the dungeons. On their way down, the four Slytherins turned around the corner only to find none other than Severus Snape, standing at a window overlooking the Hogwarts grounds and the Whomping Willow, looking outside with a wicked gleam in his eyes.  

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

we all know what's coming my dudes

also, here's a deal for y'all-

if i get 30 + votes in this chapter, im gonna put up a double update for y'all next time

a little bita incentive ;) 

hy