73 - 𝙤𝙝 𝙣𝙤

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

The baby was finally here.

He was so, so, small.

Harry.

Harry Evans-Potter.

He was younger by a few months to Neville Longbottom, who somehow looked exactly like Frank even as a baby. James only saw photos that he received in the mail, considering they were supposed to be in lockdown till Dumbledore found a way to defeat Voldemort.

But Harry had turned three months old, and since today was Halloween, James had wanted to dress him up, but Lily had thought he was joking, well, until she came back and found Harry in his crib wearing a brown suit and antlers on his head.

Remus and Sirius and Peter had come to meet Harry, and Regulus had come too, albeit begrudgingly, and Lily had apparently met Aquila as well when she had taken Harry out for a stroll under a disguise. Lily had fought vigorously with Dumbeldore claiming she didn't want her child to look pasty just because he couldn't see the sun. So Dumbledore himself had conjured a disguise and Lily was allowed outside for an hour only.

And Aquila being Aquila, had recognised her and warmly met the small child, congratulating Lily and not saying anything about James.

When Lily told James that she met Aquila, he sat Lily down and milked every single detail from her, from the things she said to the shoes she was wearing.

Peter had claimed to be very flattered when he was made Secret Keeper, and had since then gone into hiding with his mother, who had been sick for quite some time.

Now it was dusk, and Lily and James knew something was wrong, they had placed even stronger charms around the house because even though the Fidelius Charm was unbreakable, they still felt a bit safer with the protection of their own spells.

Regulus had crafted various items, buried around in their backyard that emanated a soft blue around the house, rendering the house invisible even if one knew the location, and the only way to enter into the house was to be accompanied by the secret keeper.

- - -

Bad weather on Halloween.

James didn't know whether it was an omen or not.

Harry was on a crying spree and Lily was at her breaking point and James was about to burst with the amount of pressure building up because something was about to go dreadfully wrong and he couldn't for his life figure out how to stop it.

There wasn't any rain, but the constant lightning and thunder seemed to be omen enough. If Sirius' letter was to be believed, the Longbottoms had gone in hiding about the same time Lily and James had, and they were under even more threat as everyone knew that young Neville was the prophecy child, and Dumbledore had refused to allow them another Secret Keeper, and Alice had nearly bit his head off for taking that choice away.