42 - 𝙞 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙖 𝙘𝙪𝙥𝙥𝙖 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙡

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Aquila swallowed. Oh, this was not good.

"I've heard of your rather fantastic abilities, too, Mr. Riddle," Aquila said, clutching the armrest with trembling hands.

Riddle smiled as if he noticed that. "There's no need to be afraid, Miss Black. You'll find in me a very amiable person, provided I'm in the right company, of course."

"And am I?" Aquila asked.

"Of course. I only demand personal audiences with those who I know are the right company," he said, sitting down in the chair across her and crossing his ankle over his knee.

Aquila shrugged. She won't be able to defend herself anyway, so it was better to talk unafraid. "Right company, or beneficial people."

Riddle laughed, tipping his head back. "Indeed. You think like a true Slytherin."

"So I would not be talking to you right now were I not a Slytherin?" Aquila raised an eyebrow, leaning back in her chair.

He drew in a breath. "It's not a matter of belonging to certain houses, Miss Black. Houses end the moment we're out of Hogwarts."

"You're telling me if I were in Gryffindor, you would still give me the same regard as you are now?"

"I would give your brother the same regard, who, if I'm not wrong, is a Gryffindor," he said, tilting his head to the side.

"Yes, but he's a Black," she replied off-handedly.

He ran a hand down his face. "Titles hardly matter to me. That is a misinterpretation of my beliefs. I believe the skill makes the man, Miss Black. You cannot imagine that with a muggle name like Riddle I truly seek powerful names."

"But you can't deny they certainly do have power in our world, Mr. Riddle."

"Indeed, I cannot deny. But as powerful as they may be, you will find that some of the people in this Sacred Twenty-Eight thing lack certain-" he waved his hand, as if searching for a word.

"Skill? Charm?" Aquila supplied.

Riddle laughed. "Exactly, Miss Black. May I call you Aquila, please?"

Try as she may, Aquila could certainly not deny that Riddle was charming. There was certainly no wonder why Bellatrix followed this man blindly.

"Sure,"Aquila said, waiting for him to talk about the real reason they were here.

"Would you fancy a cup of tea?" He asked in all the voice of a host, which was weird considering this was her house.

Aquila tilted her head. "Kreacher!" She called out and smiled in Riddle's direction. Take that for host, bitch.