20 - 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙭 2

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Limping with the two twins down the corridor, James' mind was having a hard time registering that they were about to discover the entrance to the Slytherin Common Room. The moment with Aquila, who is mind refused to classify as 'Sirius' sister', had, to put in simpler terms, confused the fuck out of him.

Where he expected to see the cold, calculating eyes of a typical Black, all he found was tiredness and a lingering strong emotion he couldn't quite place. He'd never understood how people understood what the other one was thinking just by their eyes, but slowly, it was coming together.

Her eyes weren't blue. They weren't quite grey either. She had a fine line of black liner on the bottom of her eyes making them appear bigger. Some of it had smudged near the ends of her eyes, making her look like she had dark circles. Her eyebrows were plucked, and James could very faintly see red spots near them.

"Are we there yet?" Sirius kept nudging Regulus, who looked too tired to say anything back to him. Aquila shot Sirius a glare to which Sirius responded with sticking out his tongue.

Well, James' best friend was nothing if not articulate.

Shuffling a bit in James' arms (which she had decided to go back in because she felt too light-headed to walk by her own) (Regulus had scoffed at this declaration), Aquila approached a random slab of stone which looked like the ten others they had passed. She leaned close to the wall and whispered something (the password, presumably) and a stone passageway appeared where the wall was. Sirius whistled lowly under his breath at this.

"Expected to battle a pit of snakes or Slytherin alumni?" Regulus remarked, seeing Sirius' gobsmacked face.

"Aren't they the same thing?" Sirius said off-handedly, too busy thinking up pranks for this corridor.

Aquila made an offended noise, but said nothing. "So, uhm, thank you, both of you, for helping us till here. We can make it the rest of the way. Do -"

Sirius cut her off. "Make it the rest of the way? Aw, hell no, miss, we're taking you up to your dorms. Don't trust ickle Reggie and Aqikins to make it there fine, right, James?"

"Uh, sure," James said, looking quite confused at, well, everything.

Aquila opened her mouth to say something, but Regulus gave her a look that told Aquila to shut up i'm too tired to listen to our twat of a brother.

Propping an arm around Aquila's waist again, James hefted her into a standing position, leading her down the stone corridor. Green torches lit up the walls, shedding a hue onto Aquila's face which highlighted her cheekbones. James couldn't help but be entranced by the way the light hit her eyes, making the blue-grey light up with green and making her look more Slytherin-y than she was. And James didn't think he minded it.

- - -

"Should we drop her off in the boys' dorm?" James whispered to Sirius as he unceremoniously dropped Regulus on his bed. Regulus made an incoherent noise, to which Sirius responded by pushing Regulus further into his bed. James gestured to Aquila who had promptly slumped on his shoulder after opening the entrance to the common room. Sirius gestured back to the spare bed in the dorm, motioning for him to lay her down there itself.

"With Mulciber and Avery in the room?" James whispered aggressively. Wasn't Sirius supposed to care more?

Sirius gave him a one-shoulder shrug, as if to say, who cares?

You should, Sirius! James' mind screamed at him.

James scowled at Sirius at his indifference. "What, you wanna go to the girls' dorms? She doesn't get well along with them. They'll kill us and then eat us if we step in there," Sirius whispered back.

Still not feeling happy with the situation, and thanks to the new found connection he had found with her, James unhappily laid her down on the bed between Mulciber and Regulus, giving suspicious looks to Mulciber who was murmuring under his breath about something. Avery was kicking at his sheets and sweating profusely. Strange. It wasn't that hot. Regulus was lying perfectly still in the position of a dead fish. Aquila had been placed on top of the covers by James, her hair lying in a halo around her.

And perhaps James was overreacting, but he was sure that Aquila felt the connection, too.  

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

what a sap is james

what a sap am i

okay so for those of you who dont follow me, ive been reading the grisha trilogy, yk, shadow and bone, siege and storm, ruin and rising

and i need a little therapy 

is it okay to like nikolai more than mal?

is it okay to like the darkling still?

is it okay to ship alina with the darkling or nikolai?

anyway, thanks, im dying because im running out of drafts, vote, comment, share!

love,

hy