10 - 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙤𝙣 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙚, 𝙣𝙤𝙣-𝙖𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙘, 𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

That night, Aquila could do nothing but listen as her brother ranted on and on.

He told her he should have listened to her, they should've gone to Dumbledore, should've been more careful with their temper, more careful with their magic, shouldn't have done fucking mindspeak of all things, Aquila Druella Black!

In a nutshell, it was just a bunch of 'I told you so's'.

Rowan and Adrian were down in the common room where Rowan was interrogating Maria Rosier over her brother's suspicious activities, and Adrian was attempting to find a reason to get away from Severus Snape. Aquila laid down on Regulus' bed, while he paced the room back and forth in front of her.

"Are you asleep?! How dare you fall asleep?! I'm talking about a potential threat to our lives here, Aqi! D'you have any idea what mother and father would do if they found out about this stupid witchy mojo? They'll feed us to Bellatrix and then be known as 'the mightiest Blacks who gave the magical twin duo over to that Dark Lord fellow'." Regulus said, frantic.

Aquila removed her arm from her eyes. "That's an incredibly long title they're striving for," she said dryly.

Regulus flushed red in anger. "You think this is a joke? Come on, Aquila. This is our lives we're talking about," he said.

"Listen to me," Aquila said, sitting up. "You are freaking out over nothing. We're talking about James Potter here. The maximum the boy can tell this shit to is his band of idiots. We're in no threat from the Marauders. All we need for them to keep a secret is drop a little hint about a full moon and then watch them freak out."

Regulus looked at her. "You'll use Lupin's condition over them? That's really cruel, Aquila," he said with furrowed eyebrows.

She got up and patted Regulus on his shoulder. "Self preservation, brother. You gotta do what you gotta do, sometimes."

"I don't think, for what it's worth, that Potter would tell anyone. Even if he did, Sirius will back us up. He knows about our wandless and that weird red magic-ish thing. I'm more concerned at the fact, that if he got to know about this, how many other people might through our silly mistakes," he said slowly.

Aquila scoffed. "We did that red magic-y thing when we were seven, Reg. I don't think Siri will be much happy to know that we can channel our fucking magic through each other," she said, ignoring his last statement.

"Can you stop with the snark for one second? You're talking to me, Aqua. You don't need to hold up a shield all the time," he shook his head.

She laughed. "Chill out, Reg. I'm just saying you're freaking out over nothing. I'll hand Potter his balls if he tells someone about this."