24 -𝙬𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙢𝙢𝙤𝙣 𝙨𝙖𝙩𝙖𝙣. 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

"So, what happened?" Regulus asked, rubbing his hands together in interest as Aquila returned from her walk in the courtyard.

"What happened where?" Aquila asked, flopping down on the couch beside him.

Rowan jumped over the back of the couch in front of them. "On your date with Potter, duh."

"Date? What date?" she asked, confused.

Rowan narrowed his eyes. "You didn't go on a date with Potter right now?"

"No, of course not. We've barely become friends, Rowan," she replied, making a face.

Rowan very slowly sat up and looked Regulus in the eye. "Are you telling me," he spoke so very slowly, "that I have been misinformed of our darling Aqi's dating activities?"

"I have been misinformed, too, then!" Regulus said accusingly. Both boys whirled on Aquila who was staring at them wide-eyed, unsure how to proceed with both of them acting so dramatically.

"I, well, went to clear my head, where I ran into James." to this Rowan ooh-d and mockingly called out 'James!' paired with kissy faces. Aquila glared at him while giving a run-down of the events that took place.

Oddly, Regulus stayed quiet throughout the whole deal, only breaking his silence to snort at the part where Aquila judged her and James' dating future. When she was done, Rowan whooped and lay back, opening his mouth to say something, but found himself interrupted by Regulus.

"Andy cornered me today," he said abruptly.

"Andy Jordan? Gryffindor fifth year?" Rowan asked lazily.

Regulus swatted away the question. "No, of course not, you idiot. Andromeda, my cousin."

"The good one?" Seeing Regulus' nod, he sat up straight. "Wait, isn't she going out with Ted Tonks? That Ravenclaw seventh year? I think he's Head Boy as well."

Regulus felt a smug smile dance at the corner of his lips. "So, now that I know about this interesting development, the matter is no longer of importance. Excuse me, all." With that, Regulus left a baffled Aquila and Rowan behind to begin his search for their cousin.

- - -

The day of twenty-third of December, nineteen seventy-three marked the first time when Regulus and Aquila Black sneaked out of their dorms in the middle of the night, not midnight 12 but sometime around 3 in the morning, and went to one of the empty dungeon rooms that pervert Rookwood often took his flings to. They tried to stay clear of suspicious stains and/or spots, and cleared a good patch of space for practice.

"All right," Regulus said, clapping his hands. "Are we ready to do this?"

Taking a deep breath, Aquila nodded and took out a piece of parchment from inside her robes. "The real question is, why are we doing this at three in the morning? We could have very well done it tomorrow, what with it being Christmas Eve Eve and all."