53 - 𝙬𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙤 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙮

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

It seemed like Tom Riddle had had enough.

Over the next few days, two muggle villages were burnt down, and the body count revealed thirteen wizards living in hiding in those villages. How he found out, no one knew. And that was what made everyone so afraid of him.

Aquila and Regulus had finally moved out of the clutches of their parents, settling in a cozy flat near the entrance of Diagon Alley, close enough to be called for help, far enough to have some semblance of peace.

Rowan and Aquila remained on cordial, if not awkward terms, and reunions with the four friends were happening less and less. Regulus had not told Aquila about his frequent visits to meet with Adrian in dark corners of alleyways, not that Aquila had time nowadays. Her hours at the Alchemic Academy stretched from dawn to late at night, leaving her to only have the barest energy to remove her shoes before passing out in her room, or sometimes even the sofa.

Even though it was called the Alchemic Academy, her work generally revolved around potions, antidotes and their properties.

Regulus was dreading the day the Dark Mark summoned him to a Death Eater meeting, and he had restrained himself from telling Aquila about this fear. Currently, the mentioned girl was passed out on the sofa, her soft snores echoing in the apartment, making Regulus want to throw a pillow at her.

He threw a pillow at her. "Stop snoring, shitcake. You're waking the dead," he groaned, walking into the kitchen, putting a kettle to heat.

"Did you know that one of the people nearly died because they crushed the leaves of Aconite and some of the venom smoke was inhaled," Aquila mumbled into the pillow, snuggling deeper into the sofa.

Regulus clicked his tongue, levitating two cups and turning to Aquila as the kettle poured the water into the cups, the teabag in them colouring the water. "Stop drooling on the pillow, you animal, and get up before I throw this tea on you."

"Dad's head came in the Floo earlier," Aquila mumbled, softly blowing into the cup to cool the tea.

Regulus hummed, setting his legs on the table. "What'd he say? Mum finally dead?"

"Don't say things like that! I want to be there when she dies!" Aquila gasped mockingly, bumping his shoulder.

"You think we'd be in her will?" Regulus asked, stirring the spoon with a twirl of his finger.

Aquila shrugged. "I think so. Maybe she'll give all her wealth to Bellatrix and we'd be left Kreacher."

"That's good. We don't need money, anyway."

Aquila sniffed. "Speak for yourself, peasant. I require much in the way of material comforts."

"You're the worst," Regulus said, taking a sip.