60 - 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙗𝙗𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

The next few days were spent contemplating what to do with the box that housed the locket. As Aquila had thought, the Sticking Charm was a bitch to remove, so they ended up burning the shirt the box was attached to.

Now, the twins knew they very well couldn't destroy the Horcrux without Voldemort knowing it. They also knew they could probably destroy the Horcrux with FiendFyre, considering both things were of Dark Magic. That was just a guess, anyway.

Now their days were spent staring at where the box of the locket has found a home on their mantle, staring at them. What was one to do with a locket belonging to some ancient weird guy with a piece of soul of some ancient weirder guy?

"Do you think all these Horcruxes bring a physical change in the guy?" Regulus asked, his mouth full of food.

"I really don't know or care, Regulus, I'm more worried about the fact that he can probably see us through this locket or whatever," Aquila replied, bringing her own spoon to her mouth.

Both of them had shifted the sofa to face the mantle, so mealtimes were spent staring at the locket and contemplating their fate.

"It's locket, idiot, it's not his eye or anything," Regulus rolled his eyes.

Aquila stared at the box suspiciously. "We're dealing with a wizard who killed a guy and put his soul in a weird locket. I won't be surprised if his eye is in there too."

"Wonder why he just didn't create a horcrux out of a random object," Regulus asked.

Aquila snorted. "What like?"

"I don't know," he shrugged. "Maybe a book, just leave it in the Hogwarts library?"

"Have you met Dumbledore? The guy would sniff it out in a heartbeat."

"Maybe a rock, then? Imagine you're skipping rocks in the Lake, and one of them has a piece of Voldy Moldy's soul in it," Regulus said, crossing his eyes.

"I bet you'd feel possessed," Aquila said matter-of-factly, making Regulus sigh.

From the open window in the kitchen, the sound of the fluttering of wings came, indicating the arrival of a letter. As the owl simply dropped the letter off and went, indicating it was a hired owl, Regulus waved his hand to summon the letter to him.

"It's from Rowan," he frowned, setting his bowl down to open the wax seal with the symbol of the Mulciber family on it.

Dear Regulus,

Hello. I hope you are well.

After a lot of thought over what transpired between us the last time we met, I have come to the conclusion that what I did was an insult to our friendship and many years of brotherhood. My feelings for Aquila should never have gotten in between our friendship, and I shall forever regret ruining my bond with her.

Since I believe that the possibility of Aquila and I being friends again has long gone by, it is useless to address her in this letter.

For you and I, however, it is not too late.

I wish to meet you in person and apologise for my terrible speech at your house, for forcing yours and Adrian's relationship out in the open. I want you both to know I completely accept both of you as you are and will forever do so.

I wish that you will not tell Aquila about this letter, but I am sure she is there reading this by your side. If she is not, unlikely, but if she is not, I wish for you to apologise for my behalf, as I find myself without the eyes to face her after what I have done, after all she has done for me, after all we have been through together.

This is an apology for her, and an invitation for you. I will be highly obliged if you would arrive at the destination enclosed in the envelope.

I will be waiting, brother.

With hope,

Rowan Mulciber.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

i suck i know, but things will be picking up the pace [hopefully] 

before i leave for my mid terms

im sorry what