66 - 𝙩𝙤𝙤 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙮

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Adrian had asked to meet with Regulus.

Naturally, Regulus fell sick to the brink of death a day before they were supposed to meet, meaning Adrian didn't get the chance to apologise or betray him.

Any way the wind blows.

Either way, Regulus had been hesitant about going, considering what had happened last time he had listened to an old friend's plea. Aquila had surprisingly been in support of the matter, saying that Rowan was his friend, Adrian was his. . .significant other. There was no need for Adrian to betray anyone, considering he didn't even have a Dark Mark.

But Regulus had insisted that Aquila go, to which Aquila had reacted by splashing cold tea in his face.

"He's your boyfriend, I'm not going to go ask him 'why did you want to meet my brother'," she said incredulously.

"But I dobt wabt him to thibk I'm avoiding him!" Regulus said, wiping his face with a towel, his voice heavy with his cold.

"Aren't you?" Aquila snarked, whacking him on the head with a towel.

Regulus whined. "You're bot allowed to hit me, I'm sick."

"I will hit you if you say stupid things," Aquila said from the kitchen, bringing out the smoking small cauldron she had kept on the stove. "Drink up," she said gently, tipping the contents of the cauldron into Regulus' mouth. His nose instantly cleared, his mind more alert.

"Is that Pepper Up?" he asked, drawing his sleeves over his hands. Aquila shook her head.

Sifting through the mail, her fingers grazed a letter with a black envelope, or rather, a Black envelope, with their family's seal in red wax on the flap. The letter was addressed to Orion Black in a fancy cursive that could only be Walburga's.

"Received mail addressed to our dad from our supposedly dead mother," Aquila said, her mouth full of a sandwich.

Regulus scoffed. "Go deliver it," he said, sliding into the blankets. "Take James with you. Make a day out of it," he said, mockingly waving his hands in the air.

Aquila pointed the letter at him. "Just to spite you, I will do just that."

"You forget he's a Quidditch star!" Regulus called out in his cold-ridden nasally voice.

Aquila grinned, tossing a flask at him which contained his next dose of potion. "You forget I'm his girlfriend."

- - -

"Come on, then," James said, running his hands through his rain-drenched hair. "If I don't leave soon, Sykes might actually drag me by the ear."

Aquila squinted up at the sky, which was as grey as you expected the London sky to be. "Why does he want you out?" she asked him as he came by her side, sliding her warm hands into his, his calluses brushing against her soft pads.