Chapter 38

Disclaimer: I own NOTHING. All rights and properties go to their respective owners.

Manus P.O.V

I got kicked in the face at the speed of light.

I am not enjoying this battle. This had been going on for the past 15 minutes neither of us gaining a solid advantage.

I picked myself up and met Kizaru's kick with my own.

I then slashed at his still standing leg tripping him up as I kicked him in the back away from me allowing me to catch my breath.

"Man you really are tough.~" Kizaru panted out.

I laughed. "As if you're one to talk! You are made of light and are an experienced veteran of the new world!" I yelled back.

He darted forward and I slashed down on him with a quick slash that he narrowly parried.

He jumped back and shot three beams of light at me which I deflected with relative ease.

"Well it's my loss.~" He said with a sigh.

I cocked an eyebrow. "Really?"

"Of course. Anyone can see where this is going. Even a blind man.~ And I would rather not be dishonorably discharged.~" He said with a sigh as he made his sword dissipate. "I'm done here." He said as he turned to leave for his ship.

"You still don't want to take a different job?" I asked him.

"If you can survive the inevitable war against Whitebeard sure.~" He said as he walked away.

I sighed and got up. I looked at the sky and saw it was sunset.

I jumped to a branch of one of the the many trees.

Time to watch one of the most heartbreaking scenes in one piece.

I watched Luffy get separated.

Time for phase 2.

I jumped down from the branch I was on and landed in front of Kuma. I looked him straight in the eyes.

"There is no need for you to guard the ship. You can rest." I said as I drew my sword.

He smiled. "Thank you." He sat down and began to read. Completely at peace with himself.

I got an apple out of my pocket and placed it on the ground. I chopped off Kuma's head and I saw the fruit change into a light brown and it became.....fluffy?

Whatever.

I closed the tyrant's eyes and muttered a prayer.

About 15 minutes later

I was sitting in front of the new grave I had made for the tyrant and looked at the massive headstone.

HERE LIES BARTHOLOMEW KUMA

LOVING FRIEND, BROTHER, WARLORD, AND REVOLUTIONARY.

As I finished saying my final prayer I turned and saw my crew had assembled.

"I trust you all know what you have to do?" I asked.

"Yeah. Protect the sunny and work on our haki." Kumadori, Fukuro, Kalifa, Blueno, Mr. 1, Ms. Doublefinger, Ms. Goldenweek Mr. 5, and Ms. Valentine all said.