Chapter 39

Disclaimer: I own NOTHING. All rights and properties go to their respective owners.

Manus P.O.V

I walked over to the cell of Jinbe and opened it up for the fishman and broke his chains.

"If you want Ace to live come with me." I ordered as I walked away.

I walked over to the security room's weapon locker and punched it open.

And laying in the back collecting dust was a nodachi with a rather odd scabbard with s design of shattering and bloodied glass.

"Not bad. Not bad at all." I said as I drew the blade.

BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD

I closed the blade and threw it in my inventory.

NOPE!

NO WAY!

NO SIR!

NO!

I kept up that mantra and made my way up the stairs and plowed through anything in my way until I reached level 4.

As I reached level 4 I saw Hanyabal in my way. I cocked an eyebrow.

"I'm gonna guess Magellan sent you?" I guessed.

"Yes." He said with a sigh.

"To stall or as punishment for something you did?" I asked him.

"Punishment." He responded.

"Do you want this to be quick?" I asked him.

"Please."

"No." I said as I dashed towards him and punched him about five hundred times before smacking him into a wall. 

"If you need to be punished than you shall receive pain. Such is the nature of Impel Down." I said as I walked away from the recently made crater that is the vice-warden.

I pulled out a cigar that Crocodile had given me and lit it in the lava from below.

"Man this is fun." I said as I looked back at Jinbe. "What's wrong? You haven't said a word since I got you out of the cell."

"Why?" He asked me.

"Why what? I've done a lot of questionable things so you're gonna have to be specific." I said as I took a puff of my cigar.

"Why help me?" He asked.

"Because you are necessary to the survival of Portagas D. Ace." I said simply.