Chapter 46

Disclaimer: I own NOTHING. All rights and properties go to their respective owners.

Manus P.O.V

The day of the assault

I was on the bridge of the Finalizer looking at the grand fleet and army that had assembled. Hunters, Huntresses, Soldiers, Knights, and others.

It was time for war.

A crew member tapped on my shoulder and pointed at a stand where I was to make an empowering speech to motivate the troops for the upcoming battle.

I walked onto the stage and looked at the cards that had been given to me. I ripped them in half and threw them to the side. I have a much better idea for a speech.

I cleared my throat. "You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you. In company with our brave Allies and brothers-in-arms on other lands, you will bring about the destruction of the Grimm machine, the eliminations of Salem's tyranny over oppressed people of Remnant, and the security for ourselves in a free world."

(This is an abridged speech of General Dwight D. Eisenhower that he gave before troops before they were sent of to Normandy for those that don't know.)

I stepped off of the platform and walked to the front of the bridge and began to bark orders to the fleet. 

"Divert power to thrusters! Point us on a beeline to the grimmlands! I want the guns and shields up and running! Move, move, move!"

The bridge sprung to life as the crew moved with an urgency unseen before. People began to run through the ship and we moved through the clouds to the land of darkness.

Time to blow Salem to hell. After about three hours of flying and destroying any Grimm that we ran into we finally found the grimmlands. And about half of it looked like it had been destroyed in a  nuclear blast.

Jesus Christ that's what I'm capable of when not holding back my raw power?

I love it.

Then a ancient sea feilong landed on the ship. I opened the window and flew at it and got it off the ship via FIST OF LOVE! I then got out my scroll and made an announcement.

"Engage."

The guns on the ships lit up and decimated everything on the sky.

The troop transports deployed and I flew down with them and launched explosive spells at the ground that cleared the troops a place to land. As the ships landed Silver knights went out the ships and began a process of seek and destroy in squads of ten led by a Artorias taught abyss watcher and a dragonslayer that looked similar to Ornstein but in silver instead of gold.

As we began to destroy all grimm that approached us we were able to make it in  few kilometers into the enemy territory before setting up trenches.

I kept walking and swung my sword in arcs so powerful that all grimm that were caught in the shockwave were ripped to shreds. As the lower grimm turned to shreds a full grown leviathan attempted to swallow me and succeeded. I went down it's gullet and waited until I was in it's gullet before cutting it in half.

As black ash fell down to the ground and I landed on my feet I held my sword in a sheathed stance and released a judgement cut E.N.D to demolish any grimm within 500 feet of me.