Chapter 48

Disclaimer: I own NOTHING. All rights and properties go to their respective owners.

3rd person P.O.V

The five men were in a custom bull head moving through the sky at about 500 miles an hour.

Oscar has cleaning his katana and Adam was looking at it impressed.

"Nice sword." Adam complimented.

"Thanks. I forged it with aura infused Damascus steel." Oscar said as he got out a whetstone and began to sharpen the blade's edge.

"It's beautiful. You got good taste." Adam complimented.

"Thank you. Few appreciate the classics these days." Oscar said with a smile. 

"Why did Manus take you in?" Oscar asked.

"Me? He saw the potential in me that others were afraid of and he freed me from hell." Whitley said with a chuckle. "Maybe that's why my sister decided to do this. Because she doesn't like the idea of me getting what I deserve for once in my life." Whitley said as he closed his eyes.

"What about you?" Oscar said to Jaune.

"I'm from a long line of warriors. The master wanted me to fulfill my destiny. He gave me the assignment of going to go to Beacon. I enlightened the kids there to the ugly truths of the world. Ruby couldn't accept the truth no matter what I told her. She always denied and rejected it. Maybe she's trying to make a beautiful lie to cover the ugly truth." Jaune said as he drank from his canteen.

"What about you Adam?" Oscar asked.

"I was going down a path of perpetual self-destruction. Both of body and mind. The master saw that and decided to stop such a thing from happening. Believing that I was worth more alive than dead. Blake doesn't seem to agree with the master about my redemption. That's the most likely reason for her actions." Adam responded as he rubbed his eyes. Stopping any possible tears from forming.

"And what about you?" Oscar said to Mercury.

"I suffered from the moment I could walk at the hands of my father. He sought to turn me into a weapon. One he could control. The master didn't like that idea and freed me from the darkness. Afterwards he seemed to value my skills of fitting in with a crowd and sent me into Cinder's faction. I didn't refuse. I was the best candidate for the mission." Mercury said with a guilty look on his face. "What about you? Why do you help the boss?"

"He sent Hazel to train me. He turned me into a man and to make sure Ozpin didn't take over my mind. And after Ozpin surfaced for the first time Salem attacked my aunt's farm. Hazel was able to get to me in time. My aunt was dead when we found her. And once Hazel took me to Ashina I knew what I needed to do. To make sure no one else suffered as much as I have. That's why I'm working for him." Oscar said.

The rest of the ride was quiet.

5 hours later

"We're coming up on their position." Mercury said from the cockpit.

"Before we engage my sister is my kill. Understood?" Whitley said.

"Agreed." Literally everyone else said.

"By the way does this thing have an armory on it?" Oscar asked.

"Yeah. By the cargo bay door. Why?" Jaune supplied.

Oscar opened the cargo bay door and grabbed a rocket launcher and special ammo off of the wall. He looked down and saw the camp below him as they passed and shot a poison gas rocket at the camp.

"Nice thinking. Cripple the enemy before they stand." Adam said as he got up and jumped out of the plane after the gas cleared.

"Not honorable but they killed civilians. They don't deserve honor." Jaune said before following his comrade as he grabbed his weapon and shifted it into greatsword form.