Chapter 45

Disclaimer: I own NOTHING. All rights and properties go to their respective owners.

Manus P.O.V

I woke up back in my study. I rubbed my eyes. Man I hoped that did something.

I walked back to the meeting room and sat down. "Apologies but they got assignments. Now then what are your forces looking like?"

Halflight spoke up first. "We have 50 legions of fully fledged ringed knights."

Quelana followed. "We have 20 legions of pyromancers and 10 legions of chaos wielders."

Gwynevere was next. "We also have 40 legions of miracle wielders. Supportive, defensive, and offensive."

Faraam was next. "And we have 15 legions of Artorias's watchers. 25 legions of slayers under Ornstien's tutelage. And finally 100 legions of knights. Silver or otherwise."

Ironwood cleared his voice. "And the Atlas reinforcements are 150 fully upgraded cruisers. Upgrades include: Improved shields, weapons, and fighters. And our forces if we are counting all volunteers, hunters, and soliders. 750,000 soliders that are fully outfitted, trained, and ready."

My smile increased drastically. Then a shockwave rocked the ship and we all fell.

"The hell was that?!?" Halflight said as he helped up Filianore.

"That would be a shockwave. Similar to that of a nuclear detonation." I noted aloud.

"Where did it come from?" Gwynevere asked as she looked at me.

"The grimmlands. I checked to see what Salem had cooking. I didn't like it and self-detonated in a bid to thin the heard." I responded curtly.

"What was it like?" Ironwood said.

I gulped. "The biggest congregation of the most dangerous grimm in existence my dear general." I got up and cracked my neck. "We are too move swiftly. Salem will need to replenish her forces before coming after us. I'd say we have about a week before she strikes back."

"That's enough time. We must mobilize immediately!" Ornstein said. The experienced slayer grabbed his trusty cross-spear and left the room with Artorias in tow.

Halflight and Filianore stood up as well. "We must leave as well. I just hope Midir didn't panic from the shockwave."

"Later." I said as they left the room.

As everyone funneled out of the room I began to draw up battle plans.

I am not sleeping this week am I?

5 days later

I was in a meeting with a couple of commanders when Lucci appeared on the briefing table bloody and bruised and collapsed.

"LUCCI! What the hell happened to you?" I said as I leaped to him and gave him some etsus.

"Happy huntresses." He said with a groan.

What.

THE.

FUCK!

You have to be kidding me! They shouldn't even be formed! How are they-

How are they strong?

To beat Lucci they would need to be at least 25% of my power. But the only thing on remnant that even approach that are Salem and the maid-

"Who's the maiden?" I asked.

"Robyn Hill and Penny."

I breathed in deeply. "Where's Adam?"