Chapter 59

Disclaimer: I own NOTHING. All rights and properties go to their respective owners.

Manus P.O.V

I was at a round table with my inner circle with Reave at my side.

"So you are at war with the world government and the countries still loyal to it?" I asked for confirmation.

"Yes." Mercury confirmed.

"You've been losing ground after they revealed their ancient weapon and...turned some islands into giants?" I asked again.

"That is the basic synopsis yes." Jaune reconfirmed.'

"Reave." I called.

"No need to tell me. I'll destroy ten as a message." Reave said before walking out the room.

"Ok. Well our next problem is something you're going to want to see for yourself." Whitley said with hesitance in his voice.

I raised a brow at that. "What the hell are you talking about?"

2 minutes later.

I was standing in front of a bonfire that had gone out.

"So they just....went out?" I asked turning to Whitley.

"Yeah. They just went...poof." He confirmed.

I turned back to the bonfire.

'Matatabi?' I said internally.

'What's up?' The tiger asked me.

'Do you think we could relight these?' I asked.

'Hmmm. In theory yes. But should we?' The tiger asked me.

'My soldier's souls are trapped in limbo. Yes we should.' I said to the tiger.

'Very well. But you may lose one of your many powers from this.' The tiger said to me warily.

'I don't care.' I said in a determined tone before grabbing the coiled sword's handle.

I then began to pour all the power I had in me into the bonfire. It began to spark blue and flames started to crawl up the blade.

I felt myself begin to become weaker. I felt myself lose energy. I kept pushing.

When the blade was fully covered in flame I then let go.

I backed up and saw how it  was blue flames with golden sparks.

I had lost my devil fruit.

I turned to Jaune. "Go to another bonfire and report back to me." 

Jaune disappeared and reappeared soon after. "They have all been relit."

I smiled.

Ashes then began to swirl on the ground and one of Junior's men reformed.

He looked up confused. "What the hell? I feel like I woke up from a deep sleep."

I knelt down to him. "You did. And you're back now. You ready for war?"

He looked at me and nodded. "Of course sir!"

Then more began to resurrect.

I sent out a telepathic message throughout the world.

'WRAITHS! TO ME!'

In mere moments several portals opened in front of me. Out of the portals walked out the Wraiths. They immediately kneeled before me.