Chapter 62

Disclaimer: I own NOTHING. All rights and properties go to their respective owners.

Manus P.O.V

1 hour later

I was bathed in blood surrounded by the corpses of my troops hollowed bodies with tears streaming down my face.

I couldn't do anything else.

I was too damn broken to even try to do anything else.

I heard footsteps behind me and turned to see Reave with a somehow alive Ornstein.

"Hey." I said weakly.

"Holy fucking shit." Ornstein said looking at the carnage.

"Ditto." Reave said with what sounded like admiration.

I took in a deep breath and stood up.

"I didn't see my apprentices here. Nor did I see their loved ones. Where are they?" I asked to both Reave and Ornstein.

"They went after the Gorosei and Im in the tunnels of the main castle. They were accompanied by Oscar as well. The main forces on the other hand went after the marines and about half hollowed due to some devil fruit user's attack. The other half of the forces are on the other side of the city trying to get one of the backup lifts operational." Ornstein supplied.

"Oh thank the lord." I said as I got my sword from where it was stuck in the corpse of one of Junior's men.

"What are you going to do?" Reave asked me.

"I'm gonna go find my apprentices and meet back up with you guys later." I said.

"Can we get an estimate of how long you'll be gone?" Reave asked.

"1 hour at most." I said as I sheathed my blade and put on my ringed knight armor.

"And if you're not back by then?" Ornstein asked.

I paused for a minute before responding. "Run like hell."

Reave and Ornstein nodded at that before heading to the other side of Mariejois and I moved to the main palace.

As I entered the palace I saw multiple corpses of royal guards.

The place looked straight out of the hunter's nightmare.

I was impressed to say the least.

As I  continued to move through the building I eventually found the throne room.

And the throne was destroyed.

Not to surprising.

I kept moving before I found the chamber that used to contain the big strawhat.

Now it was blown open with the old swordsman of the Gorosei's corpse on the top of the mechanism the opens it with the indentation of a foot shown clearly.

Jaune's handiwork no doubt.

But oddly enough his sword was gone.

Oscar or Adam grabbed it most likely.

I continued moving in before I found the corpse of a ankylosaurus.

Another member of the Gorosei most likely. Perhaps the one with the cane?

I continued walking before I found the decapitated corpse of the youngest member of the Gorosei.

Adam is the only one of them that could have done it.

I kept walking down the hall until I found the long bearded member of the Gorosei frozen in ice.

Whitley's handiwork no doubt.