Chapter 41

Disclaimer: I own NOTHING. All rights and properties go to their respective owners.

Manus P.O.V

I finished cutting down the last marine who was brave enough to stand against me.

"Thank you." He said before slumping face first on the ground.

"You're welcome." I said.

Many would not understand why one would be thankful for death. But I do. These men had nothing left. They were loyal to the man who commanded them and they were willing to follow him into death. I admire that. To have something to die for.

I only have something to live for.

And sometimes that is worse than death.

I noticed that the sky had begun to darken. I looked up and saw fists of magma raining down on me.

I sliced the meteors out of the air before they even reached me.

"Akainu!" I yelled hoping to gain a challenge when Crocodile landed in front of me.

"Boss." He said as he got up with a groan.

"Croc. The hell happened?" I asked.

"Whitebeard and Luffy." Crocodile said as he got up and cracked his jaw.

"Did you try and take revenge?" I asked.

"Perhaps. I wanted to judge the difference in power. Luffy acted first thinking the worst." Crocodile said as he put a cigar in his mouth.

"Of course he did." I said with a sigh. "Whatever. Just get back to work."

"Roger." Crocodile said before scattering into the wind.

"Lucci." I said and my assassin appeared before me.

"Sir. What is it?" He asked.

"Bring me a boy with pink hair, blue glasses on his forehead, a modified version of a navy's sailor outfit, and an X scar on his forehead. And bring me his partner. A boy with kukri knives, a visor, a green suit, a seriously double cleffed chin, and long blonde hair hair in a pony tail." I commanded.

"Yes sir." Lucci responded as he vanished.

Ohm appeared next to me. "Anything you need me to do?"

"Bring down the rear-admirals. But do not touch the vice-admirals. Understood?" I asked.

"Understood." Ohm said before vanishing in sparks. I began to walk through the battle field before finding Smoker, Tashigi, and Hina.

"Hello." I greeted with a bow.

They all tensed up with Smoker stepping in front of the other two defensively.

"I do not want to fight. I wish to talk." I said as I sat on the ground.

"Why did you kill the admiral?" Smoker asked.

"Because it was a duel. It was a battle on equal terms between two men. Between warriors. I wanted to get him a medic but he stopped me." I said. "He died on his own terms."

"Why help the enemy?" Tashigi asked.

"Because unlike a lot of marines these days I value honor." I said. "Duck." I said as I used a non-lethal version of the tempest kick to knock away a pirate that was behind them.

"Ok Hina is impressed. But why help us and harm your pirate allies?" Hina said.

"I do not care for those that lack honor." I said with a shrug. "Surely you must know of the corruption in the world government? You would have to be blind to not notice it."

"Of course we do. What about it?" Smoker asked.

"You can't make new change without first destroying the old." I said.

"What exactly are you insinuating?" Tashigi asked.

"That you leave the navy. Join me. I already have former Cipher Pol working with me. Why would former navy be different?" I asked.

"Hina thinks we will need a good reason." Hina said.

Lucci reappeared with Coby and Helmeppo.

"Nice work Lucci. Go wild." I said.

Lucci adopted a bloodthirsty grin. "Thank you sir." He said before he went into his hybrid form and began to claw away at marines.

I looked at the two boys. "Akainu killed a navy solider right?" I asked them.

"Yes he did." Coby stuttered out obviously traumatized.

I looked back at the other three marines. "Still wanna stay?" I asked.

"NOPE!" All three of them said in unison.

"Thought so. Take off your coats and put them away. We'll get them recolored later." I said.

They immediately removed their coats and put them away.

"Listen too me they are gonna hunt down the survivors. My men are causing chaos right now so you need to find us a way out of here. Find anyone else who will want to defect as well." I said.

"I like this plan." Tashigi said.

"Hina likes this plan as well." Hina said before the three of them ran off.

I looked at Coby and Helmeppo. "Do you want to stay and die? Or run and live?"

Coby got up shakily and regarded me with nothing short of fear. I looked him and his partner up and down. "Talent like yours is wasted here. Run boy. Follow the others and get the hell out of here."

The two of them ran after Smoker and his group as fast as they could.

"I see great potential of those two. Perhaps they will become stronger than they are in canon under my tutelage." I wondered aloud as I went back to work slaughtering marines.

As I moved through the battlefield I saw Ohm engage with Mihawk.

"The fool!" I cursed and ran at the two men. Mihawk got Ohm on his knees and was about to bring his sword down on Ohm's neck before I kicked his blade to the side.

"Sorry but he will not die here." I said as I picked up Ohm who at this point was heavily injured. "But neither will you." I then used shave and appeared in the city portion of Marineford.

I set Ohm down and inspected his wounds. Several cuts and one deep gash across the chest in a similar manner of Zoro's scar. Nothing major but he won't be fighting for a while.

"Stay in the city and rest." I ordered.

"Yes sir. You may want to know that I killed about 15 rear-admirals. The only reason I lost was because I got cocky against Mihawk. I over-relied on my fruit." Ohm said with labored breathing.

"Well done. You relied on a fruit which isn't a bad thing but you depended on it. Depending on something is very bad. Because if you lean on something more than something else you will gain a weakness. I suffer from this weakness myself but you must understand that in order for one to grow they must experience failure to taste success. You have tasted failure. And so your next meal shall be success. Got it?" I asked.

"Cryptic. But I got the message." Ohm said. "I'm out of here. I'll meet with the others back on Sabaody."

"Good man." I said as Ohm disappeared in a shower of sparks.

I used shave again and reappeared on the battlefield just in time to see the execution stand burst into flames.

Time for the endgame.