Damon and Mystic Falls

Damon POV

~*~ Fifteen Years Later ~*~

"Why do you have to leave?" Kayla whined. I rolled my eyes. They have this weird bond, its quiet annoying if you ask me.

I had left and came back in the last fifteen years. If I ever ran into my brother, I'd come see Kayla. She's great at pranks. I mean the things we pulled on Stefan... let's just say, that Kayla had to actually plead to Stefan, to forgive her. Stefan never does that. Stefan is like her big brother, Stefan can't resist but forgive her.

"You'll see me in three months." Stefan tried to reason. What a softie! Just grow some balls and leave.

"Three months!" Kayla yelled exasperatedly, running her hands through her auburn hair. "Your actually going to leave me for three whole months? Here? With him?"

"Hey! There is absolutely nothing wrong with me!" I protested. I was amazing. She is lucky I'm giving her three months of my life. Well it could be four, but Kayla doesn't need to know that. We don't need her pulling out anybody's hair, now would we?

They both ignored me. Stefan sighed and rested his hands on her shoulders, holding her still.

"It won't be that bad. You can call me, and we'll talk and maybe you can come visit. And if things go different, I may be back sooner and we won't go to Mystic Falls, we'll move somewhere else."

Kayla huffed and sulked at the sofa. "I guess I could pray that we won't be moving to, that boring town."

"Yep. Unless he falls in love with this look alike." I commented.

"Look alike?" She questioned eyebrows raised.

"Ignore him." Stefan suggested.

"Yep ignore me." I said, pouring myself a drink at the breakfast bar, that I had turned into my very own, alcohol bar.

"Whatever your going there for come back quick. I do not want to move to that ratty old town!" Kayla said, her nose crinkled in disgust. "Ugh! I know I promised to spend some time in your old home town, but I may be very tempted to run away to New York."

Stefan rolled his eyes. "Its not that bad."

"Well its definitely no New York." Kayla commented looking over at me. "That was the best decision of my life. That one year, and the parties Damon and I crashed." Kayla sighed dreamily. "We should totally go again."

That was two years ago, and she looked about sixteen-ish, she grows fast. She looks the same now, of course maybe a little different. Her hair was definitely different. She was going through a phase and dyed it blue. She was the walking definition of part animal that year. Clothes and everything. Of course Stefan, the kill-joy didn't approve.

"Alright I'm going." Stefan said.

Kayla zapped to him and hugged him tight. "Bye Stefan. If Damon annoys me, I'll hunt you down, and trash your room and eat all your lady admirers... and probably your male admirers too."

Stefan chuckled, deciding to ignore the gay joke. "I'm going to miss you Ree."

Kayla rolled her eyes at yet another one of her nicknames, and laughed. "Miss you too and if you're going to come out of the closet anytime soon, call me in advance or at least have someone film it."

With that she stepped back and Stefan zapped away with his luggage and everything, leaving Kayla and I snickering.

~*~

"Damon you are not funny!" She screamed with a scowl on her face.

"I am hilarious!" I yelled back, dangling her iPod from the banister of the stairs. You'll never know how fun this is. That look on her face...