Did I Ruin it

"A Day Without Smiling Is A Day Wasted."

************************************************************************

Kayla POV

Apparently Katherine is now stuck in a tomb and everything seems normal. We are debating on how many vampires know if we have the moonstone and that there is a doppelgänger. I'm betting that most know or the news is spreading.

In the immortal world, we don't need the news paper to find out what's going on, we just find out. Eventually the news finds its way around the world. The majority who wants the news get the news. Trust me, most people want the news for their safety and most get it.

"I personally think that we should all just screw this and kill anyone that goes for Elena." I said twirling my auburn hair on my finger.

"I agree." Damon says taking a seat beside me. "We don't need to stay here and mope all day. I say, we rip out hearts as they come."

Everyone turns to stare at us.

"What? News in the immortal world travels fast. News about you guys having another vampire to accompany you travelled just as fast. And that was just me. How fast do you think that the doppelgänger news is going to travel? People have been searching for one since the first vampires. There's only so much you could do. People are going to start wondering how Katherine and Mason both disappeared. we weren't the only ones that knew them. You have three choices, stay and fight, run, or turn Elena into a vampire. Your choice." I stated leaning back into the coach.

"We could all travel the world together. As one big gang." Damon suggested. Tyler is apparently a part of this too now. He promised not to turn on us. If he does, let's just say he might be missing both arms and legs after I'm done with him.

"No. We will stay an fight. I'm not leaving Jenna and Jeremy behind." Elena said shaking her head.

"Who cares.... For now. We are free. No more drama for awhile hopefully." I state and get up and went to the liquor cabinet. "What do you say we get drunk and party?" I asked the crew pouring myself a drink. I really wanted to forget everything. Like missing Riley.

"I like where your heads at." Damon said turning up the music playing 'Toxic by Britney Spears'.

Half an hour later, Three bottle's of vodka were shattered on the floor, and many empty just laid there. Everyone still had their own favourite type of alcohol in their hands while me and Damon both had bourbon. I think. These words on the bottle make no sense to me at the moment.

Damon and I were both dancing on the banisters while Stefan and Elena where laying unconscious on the sofa. Caroline and Matt where probably upstairs somewhere. Bonnie, Jeremy and Tyler decided to go home somewhere in the middle of all this. Or maybe they were passed out somewhere. Lucky me and Damon had a high tolerance for alcohol.

"Should we be worried?!" I yelled through the noise of the loud blaring music while giggling and drinking.

"No!!" Damon yelled back drinking and dancing. "We should go trash Stefan's room!"

"Sounds like fuuunn!!" I replied giggling and drinking. We both ended up in Stefan's room. We could still here the loud blaring music.

We tossed all the books off the shelves, just running our hands from one end of the shelf to the other dropping all the books.

I jumped on his bed hanging from the beams and jumping back down. I tossed the pillows on Damon's face one by one. He responded by throwing himself at me, we both flew to the headboard and back on the bed. We just broke the headboard.

We both just laid there laughing like maniacs. I took another swig from the bottle.

My phone rang and I took it out from the pocket of my very short shorts.

"Helllooo!" I sang into the phone.

"Hello? Kayla?" Riley asked.

"Rileyyy!!" I screamed and laughed.

"Are you drunk?" He asked in disbelief.

"Yeess!! With Damoonnn! Damon's secretly a fairy." I replied laughing and out of breath.

"I can't believe you!" He said from the other end.

"Oh, c'moon kill jooyy."

"I'm here with my sick grandmother and your drinking? Your pathetic!"

"Rileyyy!! Come hooomme!" I yelled taking another swig from my bottle. The line went dead. I just shrugged and went back to partying.

*********

The next morning I woke up in Damon's bed, wearing a small tank top and short shorts. Damon was laying beside me in boxer shorts still sleeping.

I moved to sit up and groaned as my head was pounding. Hangover.

Damon stirred and woke up as I was groaning. He smirked.

"Hangover?" He asked.

"Yep." I muttered back groaning again, as memories from last night flashed back in my mind. "How much did we drink? And why don't you have a hangover?"

"We drank a whole lot. And I never get a hangover." He said pulling a shirt over his head and pulled on sweats.

I held my hands out to him sitting on the bed. "Carry me?" I asked. He rolled his eyes, but still swung me on to his back. I buried my head into the crook of his neck. My head was still throbbing.

Once we got into the parlor, I could sense we weren't the only ones here. The whole crew from yesterday were here. I stayed on Damon's back as he looked through the cabinets in the kitchen.

"Stefan! Where's the asprin?" Damon yelled. I groaned.

"Shut up!" I muttered. Stupid hangover.

"I have it." Stefan said thankfully not yelling.

Damon grabbed a water bottle and we went to the living room where he sat me down in between Stefan and Elena.

Elena handed me some pills and Stefan handed me the water. I gulped it all down and curled up in the little space I had on the sofa.

"How much did you drink?" Stefan asked while running his hands through my hair. I moved my head onto his lap. It felt so hot here.

"We were drinking way past midnight." I muttered. "Sorry for thrashing your room, it was Damon's idea and I was drunk." I stated. I could tell Stefan was glaring at Damon and Damon at me. I opened my eyes to see just that. Also Bonnie, Jeremy, and Caroline.

"Where's Matt and Tyler?" I asked.

"Matt had work and Tyler left with Matt." Caroline said.

"Matt has to work early in the morning." I said, feeling a little bette on my current situation.

"It's three p.m, Matt just left." Elena said.

"Oh." I said and pouted.

"Well, last night.... Was intresting." Jeremy stated, making everybody burst out laughing.

"I'm never drinking again." I muttered, which just made everyone laugh even harder. Of course I'm going to drink again, but I always say I won't after I have hangovers.

I took out my phone tuning everybody out. I looked through my previous calls and found one. Riley. Our conversation from last night came running back to my mind and I gulped.

I must've looked pretty worried and scared because Damon says, "are you okay...?"

"I-I...Riley called.... Last night and I was drunk." I stated. The room became silent and I got up from the coach and went into the kitchen. I got out a bottle of blood and drank it dry. I let out a shaky breath and dialed Riley's number. It rang and rang and went to voicemail. I called again and it kept ringing. I called again and the same response. I tried one last time. Nothing.

Tears fell out of my eyes without my permission. I just sat at the counter crying before Elena came in.

"Did he answer?" She asked. I shook my head.

She sighed. "Just let him calm down and explain to him. If he doesn't want you back then he clearly doesn't deserve you."

I nodded. "I'm going out." I stated and flew outside the kitchen window before she could object.

The greenery passed by. The trees and flowers. Soon enough I was in the middle of nowhere. I climbed a high tree and sat on a thick branch at the very top.

You could see the falls, the fog, the bridge, the mountains and the greenery surrounding the town. I could only imagine how much more beautiful this would look in the night light.

Every time I get rid of one problem, I get another one. It's like life doesn't want me to be happy. Life is supposed to be filled with joy. Where is my joy? When will I finally be able to be happy? It's like I was born to live this way. It's like....my life was born a curse.

I had been sitting there. For two hours before I felt a presents of someone. I crouched in my protective stance on the branch. Damon came up standing on it, with his hands up in surrender.

I sighed. "What are you doing here?" I asked sitting back down on the branch leaning on the tree trunk.

"I'm trying to see if my best friend is alright." He replied then put his arm around my waist jumping down taking me with him. Beneath the tree was a small clearing that was surrounded by trees. Damon laid down on the grass and I laid down next to him.

"I'm your best friend huh?" I asked.

"Yep." He said popping the 'p'.

"I thought you had no friends?"

"Your my only exception because you are the only one I trust."

"Really?" I asked propping up on my elbow to look at him in his eyes.

"Yes, and if Riley doesn't see how great you are, then he clearly is blind. He doesn't deserve you, if he's not even going to wait for you to explain." Damon said. I lifted my head and put it on Damon's chest.

"Well, I want him to listen." I said.

************Damon's POV***********

I talked with Kayla for hours. Literally. It took four long hours to get her mind completely off this Riley kid she loves so much, but I did it.

It was ten-thirty, when I was carrying her back to the house because she fell a sleep. I carried her bridal style....or whatever it's called.

I entered the house.

"Damon isn't that girl a little too young for your games?" Caroline asked from down the hall. I rolled my eyes at her

"If you come a little closer, maybe that little blonde head of yours will realize this is Kayla and she's actually physically sixteen." I said to her like I was teaching something to a three year old, which I probably was.

She scowled at me. "Well why didn't you answer our texts all day! We were trying to find her!" Stefan and Elena thought it was a wonderful time to come out.

"You found her!" Elena yelled in relief.

"Well shut your loud mouths because she finally fell asleep." I suggested. I must be the only one with brains in this house.

"Wait, when'd you find her?" Elena asked. I just rolled my eyes. I didn't feel like answering any questions, so I just went upstairs, and laid her down on her bed.

************************************************************************

Kayla POV

Two weeks passed and Riley still hadn't return or responded to my calls. I waited by my car with my headphones in my ears hoping for Riley to return today.

Rumors were flying around since me and Damon went to the dance together. Some say I cheated while other's say Riley moved and dumped me. There were other various rumors flying about in school, but at this point I couldn't care less.

Stefan, Elena and Damon are starting to get worried at my depressed state. It's not like I chose it to be this way. I'm trying to have fun and let lose, but every time I laugh I remember Riley again. Thinking about how sad he maybe seeing his grandma sick and here I am laughing feels wrong.

From the corner of my eye I was a familiar car pulled up. The car parked five parking spaces away from me. Clearly Riley didn't see me here because I knew he was super pissed. I made my way to his car right when he got out. He was about to walk around me when I caught his hand.

"Please Riley just here me out." I said looking at him with hurt in my eyes. He hesitated but nodded. We walked to a more vacant area of the school parking lot, near the fencing and trees.

"How's your grandma?" I asked.

"She's doing fine now, not that you cared." He stated.

"Riley please. Look, when I got drunk there was so many things on my mind too. Elena was having family issues and so were Damon and Stefan. Of course they are important to me and this effected me too. On top of that, I was worried about you and I couldn't stop thinking about you. You weren't answering to any of my texts so I got worried and stressed. I planned to just drink a bit, but me, Damon, Stefan and the rest of our gang got a little too drunk, but it was at our house and there was like only nine people." I said looking at him. Some of that was a lie, but if I didn't lie he could be hurt and if I told him the truth about the monster I really am, he'd leave me.

"For all I know you could just be feeding me some bull." he said shaking his head.

"Riley! Why would I? If I really didn't want you why would I be here trying to get you back! I'm not lying Riley."

"Sorry for over reacting. I guess I was being a little selffish." He said with guilt staring at the ground.

"It's okay. It happens. Just next time hear me out." I stated, and we kissed. I did pick up on him being a bit distant though.

**********

A/N

Hope You Guys Like It!

Vote

Comment

Fan

Share!

Thanks for Reading!