Wrecking Ball

(The title is Miley Cyrus's song. it is absolutely amazeballs so check it out!)

(Important sequel news at the bottom!!)

I also changed Kayla's appearance from brown hair, to auburn hair and green eyes. I don't know in which chapters I have described her so it will take a while to get all that edited. If you see that it's unedited in one of the chapters please comment it and let me know! thanks! I also know that many of you were under the impression that she has black hair, but thats not thats no it. I apologize for all this, but I want to make this book better, since I wasn't all that into it in the beginning. Thank you for your patience, I hope you enjoy the chapter

"I love the name of the chappie :D OMG U SHOULD MAKE A SEQUEL And in the sequel Damon and Kayla should get married and live happily ever after as a vampire couple, Elena should be a vamp hunter and tried to kill Kayla but instead Stefan killed Elena and Katherine's back and this timw she's all nice, she has changed and she is like a mixture of Elena and u know her awesome self!! THEN THEY ALL LUVED HAPPILY VAMPY AFTER :)"

-ROXIE12345

~*~

Kayla POV

In another hour or two, I was standing in front of the mirror. My auburn hair neatly curled, and dark eye makeup applied around my green eyes. My black dress, hugged me in all the right spaces, as it puffed up above my knees. Taking a step forward, I stepped into the black and silver heals and grabbed my clutch, my outfit complete.

Just as I got my jacket to cover my dress, their was a knock on the door.

"Come in." I said guessing that the person was probably supernatural and would be able to hear me.

The door creeped open and Damon entered.

He was dressed in a suit, with a black tie and that silver tissue thing in his jacket pocket. He matched with me perfectly. Surely Caroline was behind this.

"I was wondering if I could do the honours of accompanying you to the dance?" He asked, using his charming smile, and doing that really attractive eye thing.

I turned back into the mirror fixing my hair. "I don't know. Caroline told me it was girls choice, and I don't remember asking anyone."

"I figured you didn't. And I don't have a date, so lets be each others last minute choices." Damon suggested with the same smile and the very distractive eye thing.

"I guess, you'll do." I said turning around and looking him over with a smirk.

He put his hand out with the same smirk, as I took it and he led us out of the room.

As soon as we got downstairs, I already knew Elena was their, because of the gasp she released.

Guess Stefan and Elena decide to drop by before going to the dance at the Lockwood's.

"She's coming?!" Elena asked, a shocked expression spread upon her face.

"You know right now, I'm really debating on whether I should or should not snap your head." I told her in a bored tone. I didn't really want to deal with her right now. Even her blood tasted bitter.

"B-but she attacked me!" Elena yelled looking at Stefan, who looked deep in thought. "I almost died!"

"Oh don't be so dramatic!" I told her waving my hand. "Your blood tasted revolting. There is no way I would've drunk you dry."

"Y-you you.." Elena seemed to be at lost of words as she tried hard to come up with something. "Sorry excuse for a vampire!" She yelled.

I raised my eyebrows. "Maybe your blood was meant to be that way. Explains why neither Stefan or Damon have drunk you dry right now."

"Or maybe because they like me!" She yelled.

"Stefan may like you, but I know for a fact that Damon doesn't go for pathetic, vulnerable, clueless humans like you."

"I'm not vulnerable.."

"Save it Elena. You cry for everything! You can't fight off one vampire, or human in that matter. Your friends are the only reason your alive."

"I only cry because I lost a lot."

"Elena your an attention seeker. In my life so far, I was abandoned and my entire family has died falsely. I have people after me in thirst of my power, and weird things happening to me. In fact I am witch made! I was kidnapped a bunch of times, and tortured to a point where I thought I'd die." I told her. "But you don't see me crying, for every little thing." Then I paused and though if something more. "Lets face it Elena, your not the queen B you use to be. Your time on the throne has expired. No one gives two damns about you. And I know I haven't been to school in a long while, but from what I've heard, no one really cares about you too much anymore."

She was about to respond but was cut off by Stefan. "You provoked her didn't you." Stefan said more like a statement.

"W-what?" Elena stuttered, turning her attention to Stefan.

"When you said she just attacked you it was because you provoked her wasn't it?" He asked with a serious expression on his face, while Elena looked down with guilt once again. Can you say drama?

"Ding, ding, ding!" I said, suddenly not wanting to deal with drama any longer. "Now if you excuse us, we have a dance to get to." With that being said, I grabbed Damon's hand and began to drag him out the front door. Did I mention because of my anger the whole front door area was all black and burnt. Oops?

~*~

Once we got to the Lockwood Estate, I took off my coat, and handed it to the man at the door.

Without looking up, I could feel all the gazes on Damon and I, as a sense of deja vu, hit me. The moment seemed almost the same, except today, Damon was staring at me in a way I didn't recognize. at the masquerade dance, I didn't get that look from him.

Ignoring all the looks, I grabbed Damon's hand and led us both to the refreshments table and bar.

"Mm. Red wine please." I compelled.

Damon grabbed my arm and spun me around. "What are you doing?" He asked me in a harsh whisper.

"Chill Damon. If anybody asks its fruit punch." I told him.

"And what if somebody smells it?"

"Them I compel them." I said grabbing the glass from the bar tender and walking beside Damon.

"Are you forgetting that half the population of Mystic Falls takes vervain?" He asked me with raised eyebrows, not looking as angry as before.

"And are you forgetting that Vervain doesn't affect me?"

He looked at me for a few seconds and then smirked. "Guess you know a lot more then I though."

I knew that already, I have known since I came to Mystic Falls. "Damon, I have the strong urge to kick you where it really counts." I told him seeing that look in his eyes. He was debating whether I'd really do it or not. "So I suggest you shut up, before your bent over clutching a very sensitive area."

He turned around and walked away to the bar, while I walked towards where I thought I saw Caroline earlier.

When I found Caroline she immediately turned to me and squealed. I flinched back from her.

"I can't believe it! You look awesome! Like super crazy awesome and sexy! I knew this was the dress!" She squealed once more and put her arms around me to hug me. Yeah, the right dress after making me try on fifty, I wanted to say, but resisted the urge.

"And I'm taking a wild guess here and assuming you matched up Damon with me?" I asked when she pulled back.

She shook her head and squealed, as I cringed. "Nope! That's just faith bringing two young people together."

"Okay! Clearly your forgetting that Damon is like a hundred-and-sixty or something!"

"Yeah and your like a fast growing vampire!"

I close my eyes and breathed in and out, trying to control my anger. I mean, Damon and I weren't even together anymore.

"If you are my date, we have to dance." Damon interrupted from behind, and for that I was so thankful. I was about ready to snap someones neck.

I turned around to Damon and smiled gratefully. "Lets Dance."

With that said, I grabbed his waiting hand as he led me towards the crowded dance floor, where everyone parted to let us through. Both Damon and I paid no attention to it, as we came to the middle of the dance floor, just as one song ended and another slow song began.

I rested one hand on Damon's shoulder, and with another I took his hand in mine. Damon put his free hand on my hip, as he began to lead the dance.

We danced silently for the first couple of songs, until Damon broke the comfortable silence.

"Why are you so fixed upon not wanting to date again?" He asked me as he dipped me, and held me there.

I gasped in shock, before I answered him, not being able to break eye contact. "Its not that I don't want to date you," Damon lifted me up and spun me around my back pressed against his front as we swayed side-to-side. "I don't deserve you." Damon spun me around again, as now we were both facing each other. His hands grasped my hip, as I was forced to rest my hands on his shoulders. "My life's at risk. And even if I keep on fighting, I will die. You don't deserve have extra luggage like me too carry around. I come with too much baggage and my life's way too unstable. I almost died so many times. I've cheated death numerous times, it's about time that.."

I was interrupted with Damon's lips on mine. I kissed back instantly, trying to remember a time where I've felt better. My eyes closed as both are lips moved in sync. I've waited so long, and resisted so long, I wanted this kiss to last forever. The noise of everyone else on the dance floor, faded away, as I put all my focus on Damon's lips, I wrapped my hands around his neck tightly, and was on my toes trying to prolong the kiss.

I don't know why I ever resisted him. his gorgeous blue eyes, his black hair that I fought myself not to run my hands through, and his lips. Just his damn lip can do so much magic, he'll leave any girl wanting more. He doesn't even need to compel, just one kiss from him can leave any girl weak on her knees.

Suddenly, there was noises of panic all around us. The pushing and shoving forced me to break apart from Damon, the kiss ending too soon for my liking. When I opened my eyes, I was engulfed in darkness.

My eyes adjusted to the darkness, as they searched for Damon. This situation was way too fishy. I was hit with a wave of panic, as I began looking around, pushing and shoving my way through the numerous people running and screaming.

I was so fixed on finding Damon, I didn't get a chance to fight back when a cloth covered my eyes and my hands were held behind my back.

I tried to struggle, but found I couldn't do anything, since I couldn't see where everyone was.

Suddenly, I felt a whoosh of the wind, as the noise of the crowd faded, and I found myself panicking more.

"When I get my hands on you, I will personally rip your heart out." I threatened.

I hear a manly chuckle, and a voice I recognize all too well.

"I'd love to see you do that, love." Klaus. "Did I mention how gorgeous, you look in this dress?"

I growled and right then, I was thrown to the ground, the restraints on my hands and the blindfold all gone.

We were in a forest not too far from the Lockwood manor.

I dusted myself off and looked at a very fresh looking Klaus, in a suite.

"What do you want Klaus?" I growled.

"I would be angry too if I was interrupted from a kiss." He said, as I narrowed my eyes at him. "But in my opinion, I'm doing you a favour."

"I'm going to leave now." I said turning around.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. Your friends are on their way, and you wouldn't want one of them to get hurt while your making your way back to the dance."

I froze and turned back around. I could hear their footsteps approaching. Klaus would either kill somebody or turn somebody. I didn't want to deal with a dead body or a new born anytime soon.

"His did you know I was alive anyway?" I asked. The last I remember, I had faked my death and then gotten kidnapped. I had completely forgot about that little scene.

"My brother bragged to me about bow he had you in his custody. He even sent me a pretty little picture of you in a taxi looking out the window. I followed him to Alaska to see he had lost you. I went to Mystic Falls broke the curse, went away for a week or so and when I came back so did you. Plus it doesn't help that you are being as less secretive as possible." He smirked at me, while I crossed my arms and frowned a him.

Soon I heard the rustling of leaves and people enter into the clearing. Damon, Caroline, Bonnie, Jeremy, and Tyler all entered. I saw Klaus' eyes linger a little more on Caroline.

"Now can I go?" I asked, knowing well enough what the answer was.

"No." He said. as he began to walk around. "But I have a proposal to make."

"Which is?" I asked eyebrows raised, as I tried to prevent my heels from sinking into the muddy ground.

"You come with me and willingly let me harness your power, or you come with me by force, which will also lead to a few casualties."

I scoffed at him. "Please. I'm not giving myself up to you of all people."

Klaus growled and hunched down a little bit into a fighting stance. "I'll give you one more chance. Come now, or you know what I'll be forced to do." He said gesturing to my friends standing behind me.

I shook my head and instead grinned at him. I decide to play him one better. "You seem to mistake me for someone who cares."

Klaus narrowed his eyes at me, scrutinizing my every move. "You sure looked like you did, when you and Damon decided to swap spit on the dance floor."

I heard a few murmurs from behind me and rolled my eyes and smirked. "I'm a girl, I have needs. One sloppy kiss, what difference does it make."

Klaus smirked too and I'll admit, I was just the tiniest bit threatened, but I didn't let it show. Instead my smirk grew all the more.

"So you won't care if one of your friends here died?"

I shook my head at him. "I don't have friends Klaus. For all I care you could eat them all. You'd actually be doing me a favour, they've been following me around like puppies. Why don't you take the blonde one first," I said gesturing my hand towards Caroline. "She looks yummy."

Klaus' face fell for a second, but his smirk didn't take too long to return.

"You don't love any one? Particularly a blue eyed womanizer?"

I smirked. "If your suggesting that I love you, you've got another thing coming for yourself. Plus aren't you the one to preach that love is for the weak?" I asked eyebrows raised.

Suddenly he had Damon in his arms twisting his head painfully to the left. I knew that that wouldn't kill Damon, but It wouldn't take Klaus long to pull Damon' heart out after he snaps Damon's neck.

I panicked a little but otherwise remained unmoved. "This is a fight between me and you. Why bring others into it?"

"Kayla, you may have fooled me once, but I'm not that foolish. I've lived since the tenth century, I know when someone's faking turning off their humanity."

"Still. This is between you and I. Deal with it like a man."

"I prefer the easy way out. Now come with me willingly or you'll be dealing with a dead body."

Suddenly anger splurged through me as I narrowed my eyes at Klaus, the world around disappearing. "Let. Him. Go."

"No."

"Let. Him. Go Klaus!" I growled, and focused my eyes on Klaus and the air around him.

With all the power I could muster, I focused my energy on influencing the air, to make space between Damon and Klaus. Unfortunately, Klaus was like a thousand year old, and I couldn't do it easily.

My hands clenched into tight fists, as I drew all the energy I could towards them and then in a spur of a second, Damon went flying out of his grasp as Klaus was standing still and confused.

I gasped for a breath and clutched my chest as my heart hurt. I staggered a little bit, but the. Was balanced again.

~*~

Damon POV

I sae Kayla standing in front of Klaus, her breathing out of control.

"Kayla." I softly said trying to catch her attention, but all she seemed to be focused on was Klaus.

"I told you to let him go!" Kayla growled, clenching and unclenching her fists.

"And I told you to come with me." Klaus growled back just as fiercely.

"I don't know what century you're from, but where I'm born, you have a free will." Kayla growled taking a step forward.

"I don't know where you live, but where I live, I'm king!" Klaus shouted arrogantly. "And I make the rules."

Kayla growled her body trembling from anger, as she furiously pushed Klaus away, making him fly across the clearing and land painfully on his back.

Klaus got ip and in a blink of an eye, he grabbed the back of Kayla's head and painfully smashed it against the tree. Kayla groaned in pain and staggered back.

I stepped forward to help her, but a figure appeared in my one.

"It's her fight. Let her fight it." Caroline said as she shoved me back.

I growled and went around her anyways hitting a invisible wall.

I looked at Bonnie.

She shook her head. "I couldn't protect Katerina for you, I will protect her. Let her do this." I was Emily. The same Emily that had promised to get me Katherine back and keep her safe. "Trust me."

I growled and furiously shook my head. "How could I?" I asked her. "Not after last time." Their was a small pang in my chest but only from the memory because the one I love could possibly get killed today.

I looked back at the fight running my hands through my hair, my blood pumping fast and nerves building up. I don't know how much longer I can take this.

Her powers will be uncontrollable and her anger will grow fast. Almost like picking a bear with a stick, picking on he would be like signing a death wish. Though she may even kill herself, if she loses control of her powers for too long.

I remembered each word I had read clear as day, and I so badly wanted to drag her out.

Kayla's entire face was bloody, and a few of her fingers were bended in a weird angle. Her legs and feet were bare with a couple of scratches and bruises.

Klaus on the other hand looked beaten to pulp. His hair was coated in a fine layer of blood, and a dark circle forming around his right eye. His lip was split, as tons of blood dripped from his mouth, down his neck and got soaked into his- now bloody shirt. His shoulder looked, dislocated, considering the swelling around it.

Out if nowhere, Kayla bicycle kicked his face, making him go staggering back and hold his nose in pain.

Klaus growled anomalistically. Kayla's eyes glowed a vibrant red as I knew where this was heading.

When her eyes shine red, is one of the first warnings, you should take a step back.

Klaus snarled and pounced on her, Kayla took a step to the side and kicked him making him fall to the ground with a thump.

Klaus didn't hesitate to backhand Kayla, making her tumble back but regain balance. Klaus took that moment to kick the back of Kayla's knees making her fall to the ground.

Klaus straddled her, pressing her face to the ground. I moved forward but was met with the wall again. Klaus put pressure on Kayla's shoulder, making a sickening crack sound kayla screamed, in pain as I banged against the wall trying to get to her I felt so useless just standin.g here I am supposed to protect her and I can't with this stupid wall.

Kayla growled and threw Klaus off her back, making him land on the floor. She grabbed his neck, and banged his neck against the ground. Klaus struggled to throw he off. Finally he grabbed her neck and flung her off of him.

Kayla flew into a tree branch making a stick go through her stomach. She groaned in pain as she fell to the ground.

Klaus smirked and took a few steps towards her knowing he had got her now.

"C'mon Emily! Nows the time! Let me go to her!" I yelled.

I looked towards Bonnie, whom Emily had possessed. She simply shook her head, as I groaned and took steps back, running my fingers through my hair! He's going to kill her!

Klaus continued taking steps forward a Kayla tried to use the support of the tree behind her to get up. She groaned and clutched her stomach. She put her had on the stick and with one deep breath pulled it out, tossing it to the side. With the help of the tree trunk behind her she stood up, ready to face Klaus.

Suddenly, there was a figure in the circle, pinning Klaus to the ground.

"Hello, little brother." Elijah growled.

"Elijah!" Klaus gasped.

"I thought I'd pay you a visit. Surprise brother, my emotions are not switched off but my anger for you is bigger than ever!" Elijah said with a sinister laugh.

"Hi Elijah!" Kayla said the veins appearing around her eyes, expressing her anger for both the men.

Maybe the veins should be your second warning, the words rang in my head.

Kayla was trembling in anger, as she glared at them some more. The red in her eyes seemed to get
deeper and deeper, the veins became more prominent and her growl more loud and monstrous.

Kayla's body was shaking so much, though Elijah didn't notice as he continued to hold Klaus to the ground.

"Kayla! A pleasure to meet you again. I apologize for our last encounter, unfortunately I was not in the best state of mind at the time. No hard feelings I hope." Elijah said.

"No hard feelings! Do you realize anything you did! Do you not know what happened?" Kayla screamed, her hands clenched tightly into fists.

"It wasn't that bad." Elijah insisted.

"Not that bad?" Kayla half-heartedly laughed and shook her head. "I had bullets in my body for the longest time, and you think it wasn't that bad!"

A small spark of fire came above Elijah, and in that split second the whole clearing was blazing.

Elijah threw himself and his brother away from the fire. Elijah was too shocked to run and Klaus too tired.

The fire blazed around the clearing, getting higher and higher and more closer to Kayla.

It happened soo fast that no one knew how to react, then we were all screaming her name.

Suddenly I realized that the walls were not there anymore. I zapped towards Kayla, Caroline and the rest not far behind me.

I pinned her to the tree making sure she does't do anything rash.

She growled menacingly as she grabbed at my throat. She seemed absolutely blind to what was happening, how could she want to harm me.

"Kayla!" Caroline yelled.

"She's too strong I can't influence the air around her!" Bonnie screamed who seemed to be back in her own body.

I choked and groaned losing my hold on Kayla.

"Let's pry her off! It's the only way!" Jeremy screamed.

Tyler, Jeremy, Caroline and Bonnie then all tried to get her off of me. Bonnie stood off to the side, using her magic, While the rest helped.

"Kiss her Damon." Elijah commanded from behind me.

I groaned again, trying to get the point across. She was holding my neck, how am I supposed to do anything. And I can kiss her whenever I want, it's not like she can deny a man like me.

Elijah helped and suddenly Kayla couldn't hold any longer. She let go, and struggled against the arms restraining her.

"Now!" Caroline yelled, struggling to keep Kayla's hands restrained.

"I'm sorry." I whispered to her as I leaned in and connected my lips to hers. As odd as it was with all these people standing so close by.

It only lasted a few seconds, but it was good. Very good. I've had more than my fair share of kisses in the past century and a half, but kissing her was one of those good moments, it was the best kiss ever. No one could compare to the feel of her lips on mine.

Kayla's hands came on my chest all too soon pushing me away.

"What the hells wrong with you, Damon!" She yelled, wiping her mouth on the back of her hand.

"Glad to see you are back." I said with a smirk and and a nod.

Kayla was about to respond when Caroline cut in.

"Oh give the guy a break. The dude was practically crying when you were fighting Klaus." Caroline said with humour, while I glared at her and suppressed the urge to rip her head off.

"Speaking of Klaus," she said forgetting about are kiss. "Where is he?"

With her we all looked around the clearing to see Klaus' limp body laying on the floor, with his head bent at an odd angle.

"Consider us even." Elijah said, gesturing at Klaus' body. "I'm going to get hell for that."

Then without a goodbye, like getting the message we all began to walk away. Elijah just disappeared, as we slowly walked to the boarding house, nobody saying a word.

~*~

Authors Note

1. I'm soo sorry!!! this was supposed to be finshed earlier but i kept deleting it since i didn't like any thing.

2. I was going to give you the update sooner, but it was really short, and I didn't want to give you something that bad. That chapter would've have been calm and boring.

3 Also my internet is super slow, and then it crashed, so i ha to call them ad get it fixed so i couldn't really do much then

4. and I was going to leave at a cliffhanger, but I love you guys soo much, I , didn't do that.

Since I already announced that this story will soon come to an end, I will also announce, that the sequel of this book, will be out at the same time the last chapter comes out. It will be called Broken, Stronger and Flawless.

I don't know if many of you remember Nikki, a blonde vampire who was in for a couple of chapters, she will be back in the sequel. She and her group of friends will be a big part of the plot. The originals will also make a return, and I mean like all of them, and Kayla is definitely going to have a unique relationship with all the originals, beside that boring dude finn, the mother and father.

In book two, Kayla will discover more of her powers and how to control them and use them correctly. Also, Kayla will try something she has never tried and that is, changing a human into a vampire. Looks like she'll have a lot on her hands.

I also have another TVD fan fiction out. it's called 'Sixth Mikaelson'. Be sure to check it out if you have time!!

Also I want to thank my amazing and beautiful readers for alll the reads I've gotten!

Over 32,000 reads
515 votes
380 comments

You don't how amazing I feel right now!! thank you soo much for all the love and support! I love you alll soooo much!! <3 *happy tears* :')

Xxx- Tabby