Dinner parties are friendly...

"I'm your friend, dammit. And you don't have any friends. So, no more lying."

Alaric Saltzman, Season 2, Episode 15 - The Dinner Party

~*~

Ultimately, I don't care. I don't want to stress over pointless things or have attention drawn to me. I am who I am, and I am mine and only mine. I belong to myself, and simply refuse to be a walking talking puppet for someone else. I refuse to do others dirty work. I refuse to be placed with a price and I refuse to have the ones I love taken away from me.

I hold a gun, I don't need one. I take a punch it doesn't hurt. I know better then to fight fire with fire because that will only create more fire, but at this moment, I want to fight fire with me. I win, and I like it.

I am determined to not let anyone take advantage of me. Determined to be strong. Determined to kill Elijah.

Yes.

You heard right. How? Easy. Alaric's got his hands on white oak ash and Damon's got the guts and glory.

"Welcome Elijah, to my castle!" I said with fake enthusiasm and made sure he knew it was fake. If I had the chance or choice, he'd be dead long ago.

He looked at me warily before cautiously stepping into the threshold.

"You don't have to be invited." I whispered and walked away to the living room.

"Our guests have arrived!" I yelled, rather loudly, might I say myself.

There was some shuffling before Stefan came in wiping his hands off with a towel.

"We heard." He said.

"What did you make?" I asked.

"Steak..." He was continuing, but he had me at steak. Make it a little raw, with a glass of blood, and the meal tastes like heaven.

I quickly ran at vampire speed and sat in my chair at the dining table. The food was already on my plate and everybody was here.

"Kayla." Elijah nodded respectfully.

"You know Elijah, there are good parts of being immortal and there are bad...unfortuantely you are the bad part." I said with a exagerated fake smile plastered on my face.

Elena kicked me from across the table and I kicked her back. Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it." I said vanishing before I got a response

I opened the door and groaned. Like this day wasn't already filled with complete arses.

"John! What a pleasent surprise, leave!"

"See, I heard there was a gathering here that involved my daughter." John said walking in.

"The problem with that is, one, your daughter hates you, two she doesn't think of you as a father and three, I hate you." I said before harshly pushing him into the wall. Damn! Just a little harder and he would've passed out.

Without a second look at him, I walked back into the dining room and sat back on my chair next to Damon.

Seconds later, John came in and sat by Stefan.

"Who invited him here?" Elijah asked.

"Elijah did you know that John here, is Elena's uncle slash father?" Damon asked.

"But killing him now will do us all a favour." I added taking a sip from my glass of blood. "A positive. Good choice Damon."

Damon nodded and smirked in response while John cringed and Alaric had a mutual face. I guess he's getting use to us now.