The Truth to the Tale

Omggggg I feel so bad for Kayla, and that means Emmett and Jasper are gone!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Elijah you are so not my best bro anymore! Dang it, I wanted to be the one for Elijah and he just ruined it by making Kayla sad and killing Emmett and Jasper!! -JaiSwagginHard

~*~

After leaving Elijah, and putting the forest on fire, I ran out as fast as I could, making sure Elijah loses my scent. I went through a bunch of forests, and walked through rivers and lakes.

They followed me for a good two hours, but I managed to escape and side track them. Sure, at the end there were leaves tangled up in my hair, dirt in places dirt should never be and a big stick sticking out of my lower back. That happened to be thrown by Elijah, when he got too close once, but with the adrenaline going, I didn't even feel the pain.

I only stopped and hour later for a refreshing drink, that happened to be a couple of rabbits in the forest. That's when I attempted to remove the damn stick with no luck.

Here I am now, sitting on the cold forest ground with the stick stuck in my back. Sighing in defeat, I slowly stood up and began walking towards the edge of the forest. I could tell humans were close by, their warm, tasty blood was making my mouth water and my throat ache.

A few minutes later, I came upon a street. Of course I stood in the forest watching people walk by. A little girl saw me and stared at me curiously, so I smiled evilly and she ran away screaming. If I was stuck here, I might as well have fun with it.

Once I saw a man walking towards where I was standing alone, I slowly brought my hand out and grabbed him and ran out, deeper into the forest.

The balding man stared at me with his perverted eyes, raking my body over again and again.

I threw a disgusted look at him and scoffed. I was way out of his league.

"Take out the stick." I compelled.

I turned around and felt the numbness in my back disappear leaving a light stinging behind.

"What time is it?"

He looked at the wrist watch strapped around his wrist before he answered. "Two-thirty P.M."

"You never saw, neither spoke to me." I ordered.

"I never saw nor spoke to you." He repeated in monotone.

"Go." As compelled the man left, leaving me to wander the streets alone.

Once again I stood at the edge of the forest watching people past by.

A girl that looked to be my size walked by and I grabbed her.

Repeating what I did before I began compelling her.

"Take off your trench coat."

After getting dressed in her clothes, and her in mine, I compelled her to put her coat back on, go home, throw my clothes away and change into something better.

I brushed the little dirt off of that girls nun clothes that I had donned and as inconspicuously as possible, I stepped out from the trees into a busy town somewhere in Vancouver. While I was running I had realized I crossed over to Canada and I knew for a fact this was Vancouver. I mean the huge sign I saw said it all.

I walked for about two hours around the small town, passing by some of the places more than once. Most of the town looked pretty old and in need of remodelling, but I ignored all of that as I knocked on an old rusty wooden door, at the edge of the forest.

As I thought an old women, who looked to be in her late sixties early seventies walked out.

"Yes? May I help you?" She asked, her hunched over frame being held up by a walking stick in her right hand, while her other hand held the door open.

Trying not to feel guilty, I looked into the women's eyes. "What's your name?" I compelled, seeing the reflection of my eyes dilate in her eyes.

"Margret. Margret Freemen." She answered.

"Now Margret, be honest. Do you have family?"

"Yes."

"And where do they live?"

"I have a son, who moved to California about twenty years ago and hasn't spoken to me since."

"No husband?"

"He died ten years ago." Suddenly I felt for the poor women. No husband, and a son who abandoned her.

Instead of killing the women like I had originally planned, I decided to take a different route on this one.

"Margret, will you invite me in?" I asked her not using compulsion for once.

"Of course my dear. Come in."

Margret, had a nice little house, that once entered reminded you of old Italy. The furniture was nice and clean, but a good hundred years out dated. She had all of the modern day necessities, which included an old washing machine, running tap water, a rusty microwave, gas stove, and a T.V that was twice as big as my head.

She had hundreds of books, and a couple of small bedrooms.

After I compelled her to let me live here as a relative on vacation, I went to my room.

I wanted blood so badly, that I was willing to go down the hallway and drink the old lady blood.

I opened up the large bay window in my room, to reveal the fresh forest air.

If I am going to stay here, I might as well get a stash of blood.

Jumping out of the window, I landed gracefully on the cold forest ground.

Running through the forest, I could smell the blood. The individuality of the animal blood, and the fresh, warm human blood could clearly be noticed.

Entering the hospital as fast as I could, I moved towards the blood.

~*~

I had been here for a week already. This place was a lot more like mystic Falls then I had guessed. Of course that's excluding the supernatural creatures.

They had a 'grill and bar', a peppy blonde girl that reminded me of Caroline, a sad, broody brunette that reminded me of Elena, and a boy who reminded me of Jeremy. Of course they had already befriended me. I'm even thinking of starting school here. I could just live with Margret till I decide to leave.

I walked around in Margret's library, looking at all the old books in her possession.

What was weird about these books were they were a lot of old legends. I mean the type that talks about vampires, werewolves and witches. At one point I thought that Margret knew and had vervain, but when I sniffed the air, all I got in the house was old lady perfume.

I even asked Margret about them and she said, I quote, "My ancestors were a little nuts. They all believed in this nonsense, and were supernatural hunters, with no luck of course. It was in the early eighteen-hundreds did the family turn a new leaf and began getting more real jobs."

I let it go and searched the library some more. Most of the books held lies like, vampires are allergic to garlic, no wonder the family did so bad in catching creatures.

Despite that, some books were very precise and accurate, but those ones were the really old ones, dated back to the fourteen-hundreds and some even went back before the tenth-decade.

I read one about the original vampires. It was a fictional story, but I recognized some facts to be true.

Like...

• Are the very first vampires in history

• Have the ability to compel normal vampires

• Can only be killed by a rare type of wood

Of course there were way more but I couldn't quite recognize them as true or false considering that I didn't know the answers myself.

I looked more and found a couple on vampires and werewolves but what surprised me was the book that held the title, 'Potenza Belleza'

I let the book fall on my lap, not knowing what to do. If I am honest, I can say that I thought the whole thing was a lie. It's like it never really sinked in before, but seeing this book sat before me, really makes me think about it more.

Slowly I opened up the cover. It was a blank page. The page had a couple of words written in the middle, but it was faded.

I disregarded that flipping to the next page.

Taking a deep breath I began reading. "It was sneaking out at midnight again and again. To see him. His bronze hair and green eyes, was what made him every women's dream.

I gave myself to him..." I stopped reading and flipped a couple of pages. I really didn't want to know this women's love life.

"He just left. Just like that. For more women. For more of those filthy women, who were conned just like me.

But I was different. My power, my gift is what made me different. It's what differentiates me from all those other women he was with. And if this divides me from the rest of this world then I'm proud.

It was then I planned it. His denomination. But I knew what would happen to me if I did such a thing. I'd die. The power would kill me. The amount of power that it'd take for me to pull this off will definitely end my life. It's natures way of balancing itself.

I knew what I had to do. There's only one thing Mason loves more than himself. His little two year old daughter and son.

I don't want to regret anything, but I want to leave this beforehand for any possible onlookers and the people of the future. For them to know the truth in all of this. For them to know, that I only did what I did, because he needed to learn some respect for the women he charms.

Today at midnight, when I see him again, I will make him hurt the way he hurt me. I will give away his daughter and son, but they will still hold their family names. That will come after I hurt him and command him to get on his knees and beg for me to let him go, to let him live and if he shall fail to do all that, I will kill him, with my bare hands.

That's not what will hurt him the most. It is when I set the curse on the women of the family that will hurt him. Even as a dead soul he will have to live through it and see his family suffer.

'Generations from now, the last Mason shall be born a female to be more precise. She will be powerful, and have such power that will drag the week-minded yet the strong willed, to envy her. To want what she has. They will get it, but only if they break the curse. The one who unleashes the curse shall possess all power that the female once had, all the power that the female ever had. Then she will die, and that will be the end of his generation.'

I have it all planned out.

She will be called, La maledizione dei potenti, the curse of the powerful. Maybe even, Potenza Bellezza, Power beauty.

Power, beauty, and strength. She will be a vampire. She will suffer being one without the experience of being human. Even though she'll be strong, you know you'll be worth the power if you can get it yourself.

To break the curse, you will need to sacrifice a werewolf, shapeshifter, a vampire and a witch. All their blood should be drained by the one who wishes to possess the power, and then drink a little of each.

You will need to sink his teeth into her neck, only consuming a small amount of blood, and their after, a dagger shall be pierced through the Potenze Belleza's heart. The Potenze Belleza will need to be wearing her favourite piece of jewellery, something she is really attached to. When the dagger has pierced her heart, then one should proceed on draining her body.

Have a capable witch to conduct the ceremony.

That is how you'll be able to break the curse."

I shut the book, not having the will-power to read on. I am doomed if someone finds this. My life is so screwed.

Initially my existence is only because a jealous witch wanted his generation to suffer. Though, I don't know how this helps at all. That cheating Mason wouldn't care about me, he barely knew me.

Getting up, I walked out of the library, book in hand.

"Hey Margret." I greeted.

"Hello dear." She replied, putting her head up, then getting back to her knitting.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Sure." She said, putting her knitting on the table, and looking up at me.

"Can you tell me something about this book?" I asked, giving the book to her.

Through her glasses, she looked at the title.

"Ahh..this one." She murmured to herself.

"I remember my grandfather telling me about this one. They say, it's an old legend, that a witch cast years ago out of pitiful anger. She made a wrong, and that killed her, but what she cast was left behind."

"And is it true?" I asked, sitting on the arm rest of the chair.

She laughed. "Of course not dear. They're all legends."

"Was this an original?" I asked.

"I asked my grandfather that, once upon a time, he told me that this is a rewrite, so the people of our generation can understand better. Maybe from the seventeen or eighteen hundreds."

"When was the original made?"

"Way long ago. Nobody really knows. As far as anybody is concerned it was just always there.

I smiled in appreciation and took a big breath in. "Thank you."

"Anything for you dear."

I turned to look right into Margret's eyes. "You have never heard of this book. Neither have you ever read it. If anybody asks, you've never heard about me and you have never seen me. I never lived in your house. I was never here."

"Never take this off. And if anybody asks, you don't know where its from." I took her hand in mine, and slipped a bracelet around her frail wrist.

~*~

Authors Note:

I know, what a boring chapter. You only really see Margret and Kayla.

But I had to put this somewhere. Where else am I supposed to put this information in.

You don't have to remember all of this but just the important stuff, I guess.

Thanks for all the voting and commenting you guys have done. Its really appreciated.

Anyways heres the update, enjoy.

I'll try to update asap.

Xoxo - Tabby