Last hope

"You don't forget the face of the person who was your last hope."  

― Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games

********************************** 

This chapter is dedicated to my awesome fan, @JailynLovingHeatherC 

Thanks for being such a wonderful fan and voting and commenting.

***********************************

Even though me and Riley made up, I still think he is being distant. Like he doesn't want to be with me anymore and quite frankly, he's starting to get on my nerves. His behavior has me debating if he really is worth it. Was all the sadness I've been feeling and all the time I spent with him really worth it? Maybe this is a sign, to say it's over or it's time to let go, but I don't know. I don't know if I want to let go, or even if it is the right choice. The last thing I want is another problem.

It's been two weeks since Riley came back and I have been doing more research on the moonstone. The sun and moon curse is of no use to me, considering I get effected by neither. Right now I just need to find a way to destroy the thing that's been destroying my life; The moonstone.

Just two days ago, I had to travel all the way to California to get some information on the moonstone. I found a witch and she said even with her thirty years of indulgent experience, she will not be able to release the curse from the stone. A really strong witch needs to be required and even Bonnie with her 'Bennett' power is not good enough. The witch even said that one strong witch may not be able to complete the task and even a group of strong witches wouldn't be able to do it.

For now, I just hid the moonstone. I had found a lose floorboard under my bed and I opened it and dropped the moonstone in. The moonstone is now buried in centimeters of dust in my floor. It looks like no one even touched it. I even glued the floorboard back down, to make it look just like the rest of the floor boards on my floor.

************************************ 

I walked out of the grill with my coffee in hand. I was in deep thought about what to do with the moonstone, when someone grabbed me into the alley way.

I fell onto the floor and my coffee git tossed to the side as it fell from my hands. I quickly got up and into a fighting crouch. I felt a swish of air around me. I smirked.

"This games old my friend." I said just as the person went around me again, only this time, I jumped on the person.

I growled showing my fangs at the person while sitting on them keeping them down with my hands around their neck in a deathly grip.

It was a guy, maybe in his twenties. With long brown hair and weird black eyes. Stupid vampires, no matter how old they are, they always are so foolish and careless.

He tossed me off of him and into a tree. Instead of falling to the ground on my butt, I landed gracefully on my feet. I stood my stance again and growled at him. He growled back. If this guy is old he might kill me. I knew I was taking a risk, but like I said all vampires are foolish, and I'm keen on seeing when his foolishness will fall in.

We moved in circles keeping our stance and waiting for each other to make a move. I would've make a run for it, but giving up is not my thing.

Suddenly he jumped on me, making my back go crashing into the back wall of the Mystic Grill. His deathly grip on my neck was tight.

"Why... Are...y..you here?" I managed to choke out. I lifted my hands to my neck and tried to pry his hands off my neck, but it wasn't working, so I let my hands hang lose by my sides.