A Little More Than Confused

@ShowObsessed -

Is she pregnant? HA that would be a dumb one.... But it does make sense about the moodiness..... Ugh now I'm confused! :(

-
Love this comment. Mostly because it made me laugh.

I have questions at the bottom, don't forget to answer them and leave some feedback!

Now read it!!

~*~

I groaned and rolled over on the uncomfortable mattress. My whole body felt sore, from my toes to my head. My throat ached in thirst for blood, and the rest of my body begged.

I took in a deep breath running my hands through my greasy hair. Something smelt odd, and it was not just me. I hadn't had a shower in days. It's alright, I guess my good looks would make up for the smell. The smell was dusty and weird. Like old cheese, that grew mould on it, or spilt milk under the fridge that hadn't been cleaned for days. Somewhere in the mix, I could smell the strong stench of death, like it resided here once upon a time.

Groaning again, I attempted to sit up but my back protested and I slumped back down. Opening my eyes, I noticed that I wasn't in my room. I was in an old cellar, that looked a lot like one I had killed Elijah in before. I wasn't even on a mattress. I was on the cold hard floor, in a closet sized room.

I put my hands on the wall for support as I pulled myself up in a sitting position.

I noticed a door up ahead, with a small window and bars. No doubt the door was metal, making it harder for me to break out. Although it should have been silver, it was all green and brown, and I could even see some bugs with ten heads and twenty feet crawling around. Crinkling my nose up in disgust, I called for someone.

"Hello?" My hoarse and croaky voice echoed through the cellar and the house, but no response came. Crickets.

"Hello?" I tried again, as loud as I could manage.

I looked around the small room to spot several puddles of dried up blood on the dungy floors.

So that's what they did. They drained me, so I stay weak.

~*~

After what seemed like days, but must've only been hours, I was curled up on the floor whimpering.

The thirst and hunger for blood had finally caught up to me. My body ached and refused to move a muscle, as my throat was dry and screaming for blood. My throat felt itchy and uncomfortable, and I could only imagine how much better I'd feel if I get some blood in myself.

Beads of sweat rolled down my face getting soaked into my already drenched tank top as I laid there facing the wall.

"Kayla?" A whisper came from the door.

Whimpering I turned my head towards the door to see Damon.

"Damon?" I whimpered.

"Why'd you do it?" He asked.

I knew what he was asking. Guilt overwhelmed me as I tried to search for answers myself.

"I don't know." I muttered. "I'm s-sorry."

Damon gave me a once over, and half a smile. "This wasn't my choice."

"I know." I whispered tears rolling down my face.

"What did Elijah do?" He asked.

Immediately the images of Elijah and his men taking the life out of my innocent family filled my mine. Every wrong thing I had said to them, I wanted to take back. Every time I thought they didn't love me, I want gone. I want to redo my life. Have a second chance. But I know I'll never have that.

"I don't know what he did."

"Why are you acting like this?"

"I don't know."

"I think Elijah did something."

I whimpered. "I don't think it's Elijah, something else is wrong."

Damon sighed as a few rattling sounds came. In a few seconds the door opened and closed.

Damon sat beside me and pulled me into his lap, so my head was leaning against his chest.

"Here take this." He said showing me the vile full of blood. It wasn't much but it was enough.

I started debating on whether I should or not drink the blood. I mean what if they had some witch potion in it or something. What if it had something that made me weaker.

Then deciding that Damon wouldn't do that to me, I took the vile from his hand, unscrewed it and gulped down the little amount of blood there was.

Still tired, I tossed the vile aside, and lent my head on his chest.

Damon began playing with my hair, as I closed my eyes, trying to relax and make the pain go away,

"You look terrible." Damon muttered.

I cracked a smile, and shook my head. "That makes me feel a lot more better. Thanks Damon." I said, the sarcasm in my voice not going unnoticed.

"Your very welcome beautiful." He said as he kissed my hair.

I shook my head once again. "Always the charmer."

Damon breathed out loudly as he lent his head against the wall, his hand still running through my hair. "Kayla? What happened after Elijah took you?"

Surprised by the question I let out a shaky breath and sunk my head in Damon's neck, his scent relaxing me.

"A lot."

"Tell me." He muttered.

"Elijah, he took me to Alaska. We - He went their to get revenge on a cold blooded clan. The clan just happened to be the Cullen's."

Suddenly Damon grabbed my head in his hands, as his eyes searched mine. "What did they do to you Kayla? I swear I'll kill them. Just say the words."

"That's the thing Damon. They're already dead." I muttered, my voice shaking.

Damon put his arms around me, while I balled my eyes out, ruining Damon's shirt.

"Sorry for the shirt." I muttered after I ran out of tears.

"You could always buy me another one." He joked, making me crack a smile too.

"Kayla, did you really care for them?" Damon asked.

"Elijah compelled them to do everything they did. The only reason Rosie wasn't compelled was because there had to be someone to feed me and keep me alive."

Damon held me tighter as I tried not to start crying again.

"Is that why your so moody?"

I shook my head. "I was fine in Vancouver and part way in Toronto too. I didn't cry at all actually. All I felt was a little upset."

Damon lifted me up in his arms, and began carrying me out.

As he got out of the basement, everyone seemed to react. Their heads snapping up to me, and looking at me warily, like I was going to attack at the slightest thing.

"Damon! What're you doing?" Elena yelled.

"Carrying her upstairs."

"She's dangerous!"

"Then don't make her angry." Damon casually stated, letting everyone know he's not going to change his mind.

Once we got upstairs into Damon's room, he laid me on the black silk covers.

He then proceeded to rip open a blood bag, as I greedily drunk it all. He pulled the covers, over me and kissed my head.

"I'm sorry Damon. I didn't mean to do that. I swear. I'm really, really sorry."

"I swear, I'm going to find out what's wrong and fix it. I promise." He promised.

~*~

Damon's POV

I closed the door with one last look at her. The one person that I even slightly care for. The one person, that I will do things for that I haven't done for anyone else. She's the first girl, who has made me care since Katherine, and I'm not losing her to a petty curse.

Walking down the stairs, I entered the parlour. The whole crew was their. Great!

"Do you guys not have a home?" I asked, as I poured myself a glass of bourbon.

Barbie just glared at me, as the boys ignored me.

"Are you serious right now Damon?" Elena asked. I raised an eyebrow at her as I proceeded to drink my alcohol, an amused smile playing at my lips. "Can you not even care in a serious situation?"

"This coming from the same girl who insisted I keep Kayla in the unkept cellar?" I asked. She guiltily looked down refusing to meet eye contact.

"The answer to your question is, no. I can't care....for you." I could feel Stefan's glare, but I ignored it. I guess me ruining his girlfriends mood, won't get him action tonight. Not like he got any on any other night either. With that I turned around towards the bookshelf scanning through the books. If I remembered correctly, there were a couple of old journals in here that may help.

I placed my glass on the table, as I took out a couple of books.

"What are you doing Damon?" Stefan asked.

I glanced over my shoulder to see him giving me a curious expression.

"Well brother. If you must know, I'm not sitting around like you fools." I told him with a smirk, as I continued taking out books.

"What are we supposed to do?" Caroline asked with a sigh.

"Not sit around."

"Do you mind being a little less vague?" Stefan asked.

"Yeah. Some of us aren't two hundred years old. We don't speak Damon." Jeremy said, giving me a look that can either mean he thinks I'm super sexy and wants me to strip or he wants to push me off a cliff. I think it's the first one.

"Little Gilbert." I acknowledged him with a nod and a smirk, as I carried the books to the coffee table in between the sofas, and set them down.

I began tossing each one of them an old journal.

"Uh... why'd you give me Stefan's journal?" Caroline asked confused.

"Oops. I forgot to put that back in his room the day I read it." With that I returned Stefan's journal while Stefan continued killing me with his eyes.

"What exactly are we supposed to do with our old ancestors journals?" Wolf boy asked.

"What do you think you have to do wolffy? Read it." Could this generation get anymore stupid?

"What he meant was, why do we have to read it?" Stefan asked with an eye roll. His voice clearly showed he was running out of patience with me. Either it was that, or because he didn't sleep all night worrying about Kayla. Admittedly, I didn't sleep either, but I was used to this considering that I have partied for days, without sleep.

"Well brother, I guess I got the good looks and the brains in the family." I proudly poked at him, as I opened the book.

"Damon! I swear to god if you don't tell us now, I will take it upon myself to make sure you don't get alcohol for the next week!" Barbie finally shouted, standing up outta' her seat.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Alright Ms. Pushy. I'll tell you, you don't have to go all PMS-sie on me." Caroline glared at me harder as she fell back into her seat groaning and muttering of the many ways she could kill me. Like she would really eliminate such a fine piece of art, off of this earth.

"Clearly Kayla got away from Elijah, and Elijah had no doing in her behaviour. Kayla hasn't met any other specific person that may want to harm her since she left with Eliah."

"How do you know?" Elena asked, thinking she had got me.

I rolled my eyes at her. "She told me." I smirked and turned to everybody else again.

"So it clearly has to do something with herself. Her body or soul is reacting this way for a reason. Now I'm now witch, but people back then talked a lot about the mind, soul and body and how it all connects. If we read this, we might find out why Kayla's body is reacting the way it is."

"How do you know she's not doing it herself?" Elena asked.

I turned around to her and narrowed my eyes. "Do you really believe that Kayla would do something like that?" I spat at her.

She guiltily looked down once again, as I fought the urge to suck the life out of her. She would come back again anyways. Stefan's been feeding her vampire blood almost everyday.

"Read the journals. See if you find anything that may help." I muttered taking a seat in the chair.

~*~

After an hour of reading, none of us had gone through even half the journal. Our ancestors really like to express their emotions in many, many descriptive adjectives. Kind of like Stefan.

Just when I though I was going to die of boredom, the opening and closing of the front door came. Followed by footsteps heading in our direction.

Immediately everyone perked up, finding an excuse to stop reading the journals and put them aside.

A few seconds later, Bonnie appeared in the parlour.

"Hello witchy. What can we do for you?" I asked with a smirk.

She rolled her eyes, and came to stand by the sofas.

"I was at home going to grimoires and couldn't really find anything, so I decided to contact the spirits. At first it was only going to be my grams, and then I began to think bigger. So I went to the witch massacre place, and contacted the dead witches. They told me that what's happening to Kayla has never happened to anyone before. They were being really vague about it and wouldn't tell me a straight answer. They said to listen to her and not make her upset, because instead of upset she'll get angry. The witched said that they way to make it stop or the reason to why its happening is because Kayla possesses the answer." Bonnie ranted.

"If Kayla knew the answer don't you think she would've help herself by now?"

~*~

Opening up her side table drawers, I searched them for any thing suspicious looking. I searched all her drawers but found nothing.

I crouched under her bed to see if there was anything there. Besides that broken floorboard that she had hid the moonstone under, there was nothing. Too bad we had to give that to Klaus, after he captured Jeremy.

I was all for letting the kid die, but Elena thought different.

"What're you doing Damon?" Stefan asked.

"Looking for something that can help her."

"That's invading privacy. She'll get mad."

"Would you rather see her dead, or mad?" I asked going to her closet, and looking through her stuff.

"We'll have to put her back in the cellar if she acts like that." Stefan protested.

"Then make sure she doesn't find out." I bluntly said, getting my hands on the duffle bag that she had brought from Toronto. She was really protective of it.

I heard the door open and close indicating that Stefan left. I opened up the duffle bag emptying out the contents on the floor.

I don't know what I expected, but it was definitely not wads of cash, and a bunch of old books. Who'd carry around books anyways. Then again, Kayla did have a slight obsession with reading.

Just as I was about to put the books back, I noticed the titles. To say I was surprised was an understatement.

'The Secret Life of an Original'

'Original in Disguise'

'What Are Curses?'

'The Creation of the Potenza Belleza'

Shocked at the last title, I took the book and began reading.

~*~

Authors Note:

Tadaaaa! Did you like it? Tell me was the Damon POV good or really good? I'm especialky rpoud of that POV, I was always so awkward with it. Well tell me what you think about it and don't forget to vote!!!!!

Anyways, I was going to update this yesterday since I promised a one day wait only, but i've been really busy, and totally forgot. But it's here now, so enjoy it. Let me know what you think, and what will happen?

Will damon even finish reading?

Will Kayla get angry again?

And what about the creepy dead witches answers? Do they make sense at all? More importantly could Kayla be pregnant? And would you like it if she was?

Xxx Your creepy undead author,

-Tabby