BOYS!

Kayla PoV

I woke up with a good feeling. I'm happy to help Damon. Even if I do have mixed feelings about him, I know he likes Elena and I have to move on. It's nothing serious, just a temporary crush. I kind of liked Matt when I first met him, that faded and so will my feelings for Damon. Just friends!

I went down stairs to see Elena reading on the dining table, Stefan cooking and Damon staring at Elena.

It was a relatively odd sight. Specially because Stefan couldn't cook to save his life. When Stefan took me in, fifteen years ago, he made me some burnt toast, which I pretended to like. I would've have to eat that every day, if Damon hadn't took a bite of it the next day, and expressed how disgusting it tasted.

I sat beside Damon talking quietly, so Stefan and Elena wouldn't hear. They were both in the kitchen while we were in the living room. The rooms were connected but it was a huge living room.

"So, you and Elena?" I asked, slightly disappointed at the thought. She was Stefan's girlfriend, and things would get intense real fast if Stefan were to know.

"No." Damon scoffed.

"I caught you staring at her." I pointed out, and it wasn't the first time.

"She reminds me of Katherine, that's why I had feelings for her, but now that I completely hate Katherine with all my heart, I don't have feelings for her, and I don't need to worry on pleasing her. Things are clearer not, I'm able to place my feelings knowing my hatred for Katherine will not change."

I raised my eyebrows in shock and confusion, but shrugged it off

"Stefan! Since when do you cook!" I yelled, interrupting the moment he was having with Elena.

"Since I learned and attempted to cook, years back." He answered.

"Why didn't you tell me, you know how I like human food." I whined, to which Stefan shrugged smiling at Elena. "Anyway! Did you make me coffee?" I asked changing topics quickly. I don't know if Stefan can cook good, but I do know he makes the best coffee.

"Yes, here you go." He states, as he and Elena carry their breakfast to the couches we were at with t coffee, handing it to me.

"What do you think about Katherine being back in town?" I asked, taking a sip of my coffee, while Stefan and Elena got comfortable on the couch across from us.

Stefan shrugged. "She didn't bother showing herself for the last one-hundred-and-sixty years, why now?"

"That's what I was thinking, if she wanted the Salvatore brothers, she'd have cone back a long time ago." Elena added in, eating the eggs with her fork.

"She staged her own death," Damon said, sitting up straighter on the couch. "There has to be a reason."

"Katherine is obviously running from something. She's hid since the staged death, and coming back now, revealing herself, it has to be for something important. she's after something, and I want to find out what. I wanna know why she's back after all these years." I said sipping my coffee.

"I say we go find out." Damon said looking over at me.

~*~

After asking around and lots of compelling, we finally got an address to Katherine's where abouts. We even caught her scent as we got closer, which has to be a good sign.

When we got there Katherine was having a little too much fun with her snack. Deciding to do this another time, we both left.

Damon and I just ended up leaving. As tempting killing her sounded, with her distracted like that, I knew we couldn't. We still needed to know why that witch came back to Mystic Falls.

"Ugh, when Katherine dies, I want to throw her in the middle of the ocean.... No wait, we should vervain her a lot to make her really weak, then put her in a steel coffin that is filled with vervain water, but before that we should torture her for three days straight, put her in the coffin and leave her to die in the artic ocean!" I say with an evil smirk on my face.

"You have a very murderous mind!" Damon commented.

"I know." I said cockily. That awkward moment when you realize how much you and Damon are a like.

Damon smirks. "Are you going to the masquerade ball?" Damon asks. I nod. Maybe I shouldn't go. "Well may I have the honor of escorting you to the ball, Kayla?" Damon asks. I smile.

"Of course." I say.

Damon takes my hand and kisses it like they probably did in the 1800's. I giggled and rolled my eyes.

~*~

It was morning and me and Damon were planning on making Stefan and Elena feel super awkward.

They're both sleeping, so that means prank time.

I plugged my iphone into the music player and put it at loud volume before pressing play to Rebecca Black it's Friday, mid song.

Stefan gasped and shot up and Elena did the same. Damon was recording the whole thing on his phone which he set on Stefan's dresser, giving it perfect view of the scene and us not getting caught video taping it.

Damon and I laughed a loud at their reaction and I fell to the floor still laughing.

Stefan glared at us, well mostly Damon. I love how I get away with everything!

"Love you Stefan." I said and smiled at Elena who was still half a sleep and shocked. Youtube will enjoy this.

~*~

The surroundings were decorated in a black death theme. Red details on the decorations. I noticed my hands were holding flowers, and I was in a black gown, with some black net veil covering half my face.

I was walking on an isle, and at the end stood Stefan, with puppy love eyes. There was a priest beside him, holding a book.

I noticed Damon was sitting on one of the chairs on either sides of the isle. Other people filled up the rest of the chairs. Damon had a smug look on his face, and was wearing a mischievous grin.

Finally I reached the front, and stood in front of Stefan. The priest began saying words, as I looked around confused, while Stefan stared at me with an odd puppy love look, that had me leaning back away from him. Stefan said, "I do." Just as I realized it was a wedding ceremony.

"Do you...." The priest started, before I shot up and looked at my surroundings. Home. I was sweating and shaking. I rubbed my hand on my head. What the hell was that?

Then I noticed Damon sitting in the chair staring at me with the same smirk on his face. Now I get it. He was messing with my dreams.

"Go screw yourself Damon." I said before putting my mental shield up, which I had taken down, a couple of days ago. The odd thing about my mental shield, is I can just switch it on and off. I don't have to put effort into it, it comes naturally, and if I don't want it, I can bring it down as well. It almost seems as it is not a gift, but I was born with it, like my body was engineered to be something different then the rest.

I opened one of the drawers and took a small piece of the vervain plant, putting it in my mouth and eating it, ignoring the odd taste.

I'll marry Stefan, who still hasn't admitted he's gay when hell freezes over...ok maybe not even then. He's my brother.

With those thoughts I let myself fall into a comfortable sleep.

I woke up on someone. No. Did I get drunk? Again?

I opened my eyes and screamed and fell of the bed hitting my head on the side table. I groaned and looked up to see a shirtless Damon. I checked him out shamelessly even though his eyes were now open.

"Get. Out. Of. My. Room. Damon!" I yelled. He didn't move. "Damon Salvatore!" I yelled. Stefan then came in.

"Tell your damn jerk of a brother to get the hell out of my room!" I declared angry. First the dream now this!

"Damon get out." Stefan said calmly but sternly. Stefan has dealt with problems similar to this, from the years we spent together. Damon smirked, sat up and didn't move. Ugh! Stupid little!

I was breathing harshly and I was angry and it clearly showed. I took all the strength I had and controlled the wind to toss him out my window. There!

I then went to my bathroom an took a shower. After thirty minutes when the water begin getting cold, i got out. Just in time to hear.

"Kayla! You used all the hot water!" Hah damon! I smirked and walked in to my wardrobe wearing a tie die type of dress, that made my eyes shine. I had my hair in small waves and I was pulling off the innocent look.

I grabbed a purse/book bag that went with the clothes and went into my car. Usually I dress giving off the bad girl vibe. Today on this sunny day, i will pull this look off.

When I walked down stairs Damon looked me over. "Must be another faze." He said and smirked. He looked amused at the look I was trying to pull off. I rolled my eyes and walked out.

I got into Stefan's car and waited for him to come. When he came in he had a weird expression on his face.

"Are you...." He said.

"Feeling okay? Yep fine." I stated and he begin to drive to school.

When we got to school, everyone stared as usual. Caroline's mouth dropped open. "You..." He couldn't finished, she hugged me.

"OMG! Who did this to you?" She asked. She had a big smile on her face. she clearly liked the look. I shrugged, I was going to change after second period gym anyways.

I walked away and started flirting with this guy, he was related to Tyler, meaning not to serious about keeping relationships. His name was Paul.

"So...me you grill tonight." He asked. He was blonde, and cute. Surprisingly not werewolf, although him and Tyler were kind of relatives.

"Of course, meet me at six." I stated. Then walked away back to Caroline, elena and stefan.

"You don't actually like him." Elena pointed out. Well thank you captain obvious.

"Yeah well, he's a player, plus I need guys to back off and I'll dump him two weeks max." I stated and winked at her. Stefan seemed normal, knowing after all these years that I don't listen to other people.

I walked away to history and sat in Matt's spot just to mess with him.

"Kay, my spot." He stated.

"Too bad, blondie." I said and winked. He shook his head and sat in the seat next to me. I smirked.

After second period gym, i changed into black shorts, with a dark green top and had a leather jacket on that came only mid- stomach. Black heels and a few accessories. I walked across the field and into the parking lot.

"Hey... Kayla!" I heard Matt say.

"Hey Matthew." I said.

"Why are you walking back to your car?" He asked.

"Ditching..... Wanna ditch with me? I mean we could get our dose of feeling bad!" I said looking at him. He rolled his eyes.

"Why not? I have Math anyways."

"Great! Now I have a skipping budddy!"

"Don't get used to it. This is just a one time thing."

"You make it sound like we're hooking up." I said. He laughed and shook his head.

"Where we going?" He asked.

"To get frozen yogurt!" I replied excitedly.

Once we arrived I poured myself two cups, and Matt took one. I took two because one was for Damon and he would be really pissed if I had frozen yogurt without him. It was our thing.

"Here let me pay." Matt said. While we stood at the cash register paying line.

"No matt! Let me be a gentle men." And before he could reply at my odd comment, I handed over a twenty and we walked out.

After hanging out and talking and normal stuff like that, I drove Matt home. Him and Caroline have a small crush on each other, and my new mission is sailing them; Catt. Is their couple name, whether they like it or not. I did once find them passed out at my party, but they were both drunk and didn't remember most of that night.

When I got home Damon stared at me oddly. "What?"

"You got frozen yogurt, without me?" He asked pouting. I patted his cheek,

"Don't pout, it's not attractive on such an old man." I said and started laughing, he glared at me.

"I'm not that old." He retorted crossing his arms over his chest.

"Don't worry, I got you frozen yogurt." I said, too lazy to put up a fight and handed him a cup I had saved him. His face lit up, a bit and he took it.

We turned on a movie and sat on the coach eating any junk food we could find.

"Why are you not at school?" He asked.

"I was ditching, then Matt came and we ditched together." I stated.

"I knew you like matt." He said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes.

"No I don't. I have a date at like six..... With some dude named I think Danny." I lied, realizing I forgot his name. Whatever, it's not like I liked the dude.

"Danny?" He asked.

"Ok.. I have no idea what his name is, but we have a date. I'm just doing it for fun. Nothing serious." I stated. He nodded and his attention turned back to the TV.

I just dressed in random clothes, something casual, that I always wear. Nothing special. I litterely spent less than two minutes getting ready.

I had yogurt with Matt, movie with Damon, and dinner with a random. Wow. Too many boys.

************************************

"So Steve let's get a drink." I stated and walked to the bar.

"It's Paul." He stated clearly annoyed because we were here for fifteen minuted and I still called him Steve.

"Steve suits you better." I said and walked over to the bar.

"Hey, two vodka's." i stated.

"I'm not serving a minor." The bartender stated.

"C'mon I'm like twenty-one next month."

"Yeah, and I'm secretly a unicorn." He retorted clearly not believing me.

"Really?" I asked amused.

"No."

My face fell, "oh."

"Jake your my best buddy. Please serve me?"

"It's Riley."

"You look like a Jake though." I stated and pouted.

"And we're not friends. I don't even know you." He said.

"The great lord came to me in a dream, and told me about you. We are meant to be." I dramatically said, waving my hands around.

"Yah right!" He said with an eye roll.

"You can't deny my charm." I stated. He walked away. I realized Steve had left too. Hah! He clearly was annoyed.

When I got home I told everyone what happened. Since the whole gang was there. Damon, Caroline, Tyler and Jeremy were laughing mostly. They had tears in there eyes.

"Really?" Jeremy asked in disbelief. I nodded.

"Paul was always a jerk." Caroline stated which made us laugh harder. Stefan, Elena,Bonnie were doing there own thing and Matt wasn't here.

"I never liked him." Tyler muttered.

"Did the bar tender serve you?" Damon asked.

"Sadly no." I stated. "But at least you will." I stated and gulped down the glass of bourbon in his hand.

***********************************

"Hello." I said groggily as I picked up the phone that rang at like two in the morning.

"Kayla! I need your help! Jeremy just got killed. He's not waking up! Get Damon and Stefan here now." She said and hung up. His ring should keep him alive.

I quickly pulled on a sweatshirt an went into Damon's room and tossed him a shirt. "Damon! Get up! Jeremy just got killed!" I said worriedly and sped away to wake Stefan. "Stefan! Jeremy just got killed!" I yelled. I got to the front door and in less then two seconds all three of us were running through the forest dodging tree's and... Wolfs! Damn! Today was the full moon!

A wolf lunged at Damon and I through it into a tree. We started running again trying to get back on streets. "There's .... more ...then one." I said out of breath. "We have to hop tree to tree." I said. We all climbed to the top of a tree and started running.

Once we got to Elena's house, we ran onto her lawn only to come face to face with another large wolf! Damn! "Stefan go inside and check on them." I stated and he hesitantly ran inside. Another wolf came into view. Me and Damon stood back to back. We stood still. Damon watching one and I watched one. They were too aggressive and we didn't have wolfsbane. We wouldn't be able to take them.

Both the wolfs lunged at the same time right at us.

*_~*~_~*~_~*~_~*~_~*~_~*~_~*~_~*~_~*~_~*~_~*~_~*~_~*~_~*

A/N

Thanks for all the read and votes. I want you guys to know to know I really appreciate it.

Thanks for commenting too!

Hope you guys liked the chapter.

I will be posting an Update A.S.A.P!

****

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

SHARE!!

Lots 'a love! <3

Xoxo