Goodbye

(I'll try to make the chapters longer in the sequel. SEQUEL IS OUT!!!) link is on the side

Sequel: Broken, Stronger, and Flawless

Don't forget to read my thank you note at the bottom of this chapter for y'all!

~*~

Epic-logue

The wind was as harsh as the weather right now. The rain was pouring down hard on me as I stood outside the Salvatore boarding house; my house. At least up until I leave today.

The weather reflected my mood greatly. Dark clouds, more than happy to drench me in rain, the loud booming thunder, the cold chilly wind. Everything just reflected how truly sad and depressed I was feeling. It was as if mother nature was rubbing it into my face.

Drenched head to toe, I clutched the small vile of blood in my hands, wondering if Klaus deceived me or not. If this didn't work, I'm afraid I won't be able to find a cure soon enough. Damon only has a couple of days left. Usually it would take three to four days for the werewolf bite to kill you, and today is the third, considering I was passed out for two days..

I looked up nervously to the window. A dim light was showing from the edges of Damon's blackout curtains. The window was left open a few inches and I could hear quiet voices of people talking.

Taking a deep breath, I bent my knees and jumped up to the window. I put my feet in the small space where the window was open, and bent down to open the window all the way.

None of the people inside noticed that I was their, as I bent down and swooped in through the windows.

From behind the curtains, I could hear the light chatter of Damon and Elena.

"She really cares, she might find a way." I heard Elena say.

"She's crazy. There is no way. The faster she accepts it the faster I can say goodbye." Damon said, his voice barely a whisper.

I chose that time to come out from behind the curtains.

"Actually, I have come to say goodbye, but not for the reason you think." At my voice both heads turned towards me, but I was only looking at Damon.

"Elena, can you give us a moment." I more ordered than asked. Elena didn't question me as she left the room.

"Did standing in the rain, and yelling at God help?" Damon joked.

I light-heartedly laughed, as I walked towards him.

"You still manage to add in a joke, as you lay in your deathbed." I laughed.

"Don't let me die in your memories." Damon said as he reached a hand over to me.

I walked towards him and sat on the edge of the bed, taking his hand in mine.

"Never." I whispered, leaning my head down to his.

"Maybe you don't have to die today." I told him, my lips brushing with his as I spoke.

Damon glanced into my eyes, and smiled. "Today I don't have a choice angel."

"What happened to my Damon, the control freak, who does things his way?" I asked, trying to take in every aspect of his sparkling blue eyes, and his face that consisted of more beauty than any other Greek God.

I'd never live it down, if Damon picked up mind reading. All the thoughts running through my head, will be enough for Damon to tease me for life.

"A werewolf bit him, and he's not strong enough." Damon answered, leaning his head up to kiss me. I pulled my head back before he could reach my lips. "Are you really going to tease me while I take my last breath."