Kill and Die

"We accept the love, we think we deserve." Unknown

~*~

I quickly ran to the cellar and into the passageway and stopped in front of one. Hoping that nothing was wrong, I pushed open the cell doors. The door creaked loudly as it opened.

Behind the door was Elijah. It looked like he had just woken up. Apparently, you have to keep the dagger in for the original to stay death. All I can say is Alaric sucks at research. He always discovers things one by one.

I blocked the door standing in front of his one and only exit.

He growled and I growled back as if challenging him. His glare settled on my face. His body was slightly hunched over and covered in tattered, ripped and burned clothes.

We stayed in the position as if anticipating each others motives. By this time, I could feel Damon's presence behind me, watching us cautiously. If I wasn't blocking the exit, he would've been in front of me.

That's when Elijah pounced on me making me fall on the ground. Damon didn't hesitate one bit as he pulled Elijah off of me and flung him across the cell.

Three growls from each of us were released, and echoed on the cell walls.

I made the first move, so fast, neither of the two so it coming. Jumping so fast, I launched myself at Elijah, punching him in the face and watching the blood gush out of the wound on his cheek before it closed up.

I got away from him, leaving Damon to take care of Elijah while I plunged a metal bar out of the small window on the door. I tossed it to Damon who repeatedly stabbed it into Elijah's stomach, again and again.

"You,do not mess with who I care about." Damon growled stabbing repeatedly after each word he spoke.

What I didn't expect was Elijah to muster up the strength to get away from Damon. Elijah got a hold of the metal bar; stabbing it into Damon in the same manner he had once.

Growling loudly, I lunged myself at Elijah making him fall down. The bar remained in Damon close to his heart. I guess I should be happy it wasn't wooden, which meant Damon wouldn't die by it, but he looked pretty bummed sitting on the floor trying to get that bar out. I would've helped if I wasn't busying myself punching, kicking and clawing at Elijah.

Elijah managed to kick me off him. At the same moment I remembered the dagger I had previously stuck into my boot.

I got it out of my boot while he was busy getting up.

Hiding it out of his vision, I watched as he brought himself by me, and without a second of hesitation his hand was inside my chest clutching my heart. He squeezed his hands around my heart causing pain to pass around my body.

In the panic, everything seemed to be moving in slow motion.

If he pulled out my heart, I died. It put an end to all this craziness, maybe just maybe, I'd wake up screaming as a pathetic human. Just maybe....but it wasn't worth it. I wasn't ready to face death, let go of this world, let go of the people I know and love....let go of Damon. In the mere seconds I could see Damon using all his strength to pick himself up and make his way over here, but it wouldn't be in enough time. I took a look at him once more....and without thinking I brought my hand up with the white oak stake and stabbed it into his chest. Perfect aim. I could here Damon's gasp of shock, and I could see the few tears welling up in his eyes, and making their way down his perfect face.

The words that I read earlier, rung in my ears as if taunting me.

'....Any immortal who chooses to use the white oak to defeat the original will face the consequences of final death themselves.'