Free

"To die would be an awfully big adventure."

― J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

***********************************

I felt a hard slap on my cheek, making me open my eyes to my abuser. I was getting weaker and I was acting a little weaker then I was, in hopes of catching them off guard and having enough power to at least get myself or Stefan out of this hell hole.

They had underestimated Stefan's power and strength. They thought that since he was an animal drinker, he wasn't that strong. In a way I guess they had been right, because Stefan did look pretty bummed.

I had been dozing off for awhile, but Stefan has been out of it for awhile.

Me on the other hand, I have been pretending to be at the point of dead. I have been tortured, but not as much as I had thought. My body felt bad, and weak, but I knew that when the time was right, I would be able to escape.

There was some silent before a figure ran pass me fast. I opened one eye a little bit to see Damon. I lifted my head up more. He undid all the ropes and fed me some blood.

"Go. I'll get Stefan out of here." I told Damon. Damon nodded and I started untying Stefan's ropes. He fell to the ground. I let the veins appear on my face and bit down on my hand. I put it to Stefan's mouth to let him drink.

"C'mon Stefan." I whispered. His mouth closed around the wound, as I felt the blood being drained out of my body. Knowing I couldn't give too much blood, I pulled my hand away. I heard shuffling and I knew more then one person was coming down. I quickly put a stake in Stefan's hand in hopes of him regaining his strength. If only he drank human blood.

I quickly got two stakes and hid behind a cupboard. I saw three guys make there way downstairs. I stabbed two of them without thinking.

The other one kicked me to the wall. I quickly got up and poised myself in front of Stefan's laying body.

I fought the guy some more. I kicked him hard in his gut and he bent over in pain. Two other guy made there way down and I felt as if I lost this battle. I composed myself and attacked the other two. One of them grabbed a hold of Stefan and I grabbed a hold of the guy I kicked earlier.

"Let Stefan Go!" I said through clenched teeth. Damon said I didn't do good with anger, especially when it threatens someone's life that I care about. I guess I agreed "One move and I snap his neck and pull out his heart!"

"Stefan's weaker. That guy will put up a fight." Stefan's threatener said.

I suddenly got an idea, though using that much power at my weakened state may kill me. I made the two other guys get pain in their heads. A trick I picked up from Bonnie. I basically gave them an aneurysm and snapped the guys neck I was holding. A woozy feeling came over me as I stumbled a little. My body was starting to give up on me, and I knew that I was useless against the other guy.

Suddenly Stefan punched his hand through one guys chest weakly and pulled out his bloody heart. Damon came in and killed the other guy that was standing there. The last thing I saw was Damon's face before I collapsed to the ground letting the blackness overtake me.

***********

Damon POV

"C'mon Kayla. Get up. Kayla! Open your god damn eyes!" I yelled.

"Damon Calm down." Stefan urged.

"She needs blood, before her body gives up on her! Drive faster!" I yelled. We were going back to the boarding house where everyone was waiting. We still don't know for sure what can kill her, but I sure as hell am not taking a chance. She's the best thing that has happened to me in a hundred years.

"We are here." Stefan mumbled to himself as relief crossed his face.

We both ran in with Kayla in my arms.

"Bonnie, you have to heal her, she's to weak to drink my blood." I stated.

"I won't be able to heal her much, I just became a witch remember." Bonnie reminded, but closed her eyes to try the spell anyways.

When she opened her eyes, she tiredly sat down on the sofa gulping down water. "That's all I can do. She is too weak and she still has a mental shield, like always remember." She stated, now worried.

I screamed in frustration and growled.

"Inject." Caroline stated as her eyes glistened. This better be something good. "Inject your blood into her." Stefan suddenly disappeared and reappeared, handing a needle to me that we usually had vervain in to make vampires weaker. I filled it up with my blood and Stabbed it in her forearm. I did it again and again till I felt her heart beat get stronger. I then held my wrist to her mouth and she eagerly drank.

I brushed my hand through her hair.

"That's it, good girl.....Thats enough." I said.

Her eyes opened and she got up. I gave her a blood bag and she drank from it and finished within seconds.

She screamed in anger. "Those stupid tomb vampires are Dead!" She yelled.

"We killed all that were in the house at the time, but there is more." I said.

"Thanks for saving me Damon." She said.

"I'll always save you." I said, in an almost whisper. I would probably never admit it, but I like her the most.

"I will make each and every one of those tomb vampires suffer! They messed with the wrong girl! All tomb vampires part of that stupid plan WILL DIE!" She said out loud. Everyone stared at her and Bonnie and Caroline looked a little frightened. Even Elena did. The boys, Tyler, Matt, Jeremy, and Alaric just stared.

"Don't do anything rash...or stupid, you will only end up getting your self killed." I said slowly so she would calm down. She took deep breaths and muttered in ITALIAN.

"Since when do you know italian." I asked.

"Four months with you Damon. I got bored. I read the whole english to Italian dictionary. Apparently my parents had some Italian back grounds and you guys are Italian so it made sense, and now I know Italian." She said speaking fast.

"Your coming to see the Mystic falls floats right?" Elena asked.

"Yah, I will stay for your little founders night thingy." She said then ran away upstairs. Well at least she got her mind off killing and she feels better.

*******

We were now here and everyone was scattered doing there thing.

"Damon, tomb vampires are here, target is founding families! Get everyone our of here." Anna yelled. Anna was Jeremy's vampire girlfriend that came here a few weeks ago.

I ran and found Stefan.

"Where's Kayla?" I asked Stefan.

"She is wandering around here somewhere....why?" He asked.

"Tomb vampires are here. Founding families are the target. Get all the humans home send Caroline with matt, tyler and jermey. Get elena home and safe." I said quickly and ran off.

C'mon! Where's Kayla! If I was Kayla where would I be?

Then I ran into John.

***********

Kayla POV

I just ran into Elena and she told me what was going on. I had to find Damon. I have a strange feeling somethings going to happen tonight and it involves a fire. I just can't get the vision right!

Knowing Damon he probably ran into John and probably got pissed off. I had to find him before anything else happens.

Oh great another vampire. This place is crawling with them.

Just as I picked up on Damon's scent in front of a door, a loud ringing sound erupted. It felt like billions of needles where piercing through my head. Then it all clicked. Jonathan gilbert's old device. We had found a device elena's uncle John wanted, and found out it is a device that harms vampires. We had told Bonnie to un spell it, but looks like she didn't.

I collapsed to the ground screaming in agony and pain. Two deputy's ran towards me and stabbed me with a needle full of vervain. I know what I had to do..... Act weak.

Soon I was thrown in to this empty old building. Twenty vampires lay around me, until I caught the eye of my favorite vampire....Damon!

"Damon....damon!" I yelled out and ran towards him. The piercing sounds had took a lot out of me.

"Kay-la!" He managed a low uneven whisper. I lay down beside him. My head on his shoulder, his chin on my head. Tears slipped my eye, knowing this is it. I'll die here.

"Shh. We will be okay. I promise." He said trying to sooth me.

"Don't make promises you can't keep, mr.Salvatore." I said. He let out a soft half hearted chuckle.

The fire started burning in one corner, and spread out through the rest of the building. All I could see were the red blazing lights surrounding us. A beam fell, aiming to come down right on us. It took us everything we had to quickly move out of the way. My left hand, the one away from Damon, caught on fire. The heat burned and my shriek filled the air. Damon quickly put it out with his hand and we sat in the corner, the little corner with smoke but no fire yet.

Suddenly, the fire dies down and I found hope. Damon was all most passed out. I grabbed his hand putting it over my shoulder and I put mine around his waste. I slowly got up, just as Stefan came in. He ran in speed, breaking the hold between us two. He grabbed my hand, half lifted Damon, and we ran out.

"Kayla!" Elena yelled. I collapsed in her arms and coughed loudly. She cut her wrist with a shard of glass and held it to my mouth. I turned my head, refusing to hurt her. Her hand shoved in my mouth and the blood flowed through. I felt my fangs come out my eyes darkened and I drank, for a few seconds before pulling away.

Damon looked a little better, I ran to him and forced my wrist in his mouth. He drank for about one minute before I saw his strength come back, and he pulled away.

"Thank you." He said. He gazed over my shoulder to something coldly....more like someone.

I turned my head to find Bonnie standing there. My anger was higher then ever. I got out of Damon's hold and ran vampire speed in front of Bonnie. I came face-to-face with her and bared my fangs at her, making her flinch back. She focused her attention to me and I know she was giving me an aneurysm. I felt it for two seconds before I lifted my shield and blocked her away.

"I'm stronger Bonnie! Don't try to threaten me. All this pride you have, all this 'I'm stronger and not afraid of you act' better stop! You almost killed. Damon today, and that will not leave you unpunished!" I yelled. Stefan held both of my hands in his and pulled me back.

"I saved your life today!" Bonnie screeched.

"I wouldn't have needed saving, if it weren't for you!" I screamed back. "Don't think that putting our lives in danger then saving us, makes any difference. You will pay Bonnie!"

I got out of Stefan's hold then turned and kissed his cheeks. "Thanks for saving us, i know you were trying even before Bonnie made the fire burn down...... And look at my new trick." I said. I flicked my fingers and a spark of fire appeared, then grew and grew and grew, till i clapped my hands together and the fire all together disappeared.

"Now I can set Bonnie on fire from my mind." I muttered. I saw Bonnie flinch and I grabbed Damon's hand and ran off away to the boarding house.

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

A/n

Hello beautiful people!

Hope you enjoyed my chapter. I honestly thought this one had a lot of things goin on! Hope you guys like it.

Also comment for any suggestions you have for me, I will read them and thank you guys.

Hope it's not short. I can't really tell.

Anyways,

Read

Fan

Comment

Vote!!

Stay gorgeous wonderful s!

Love you guys!

-T