Gone

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." -Dr. Seuss

-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-

Dedicated to @TheBewitching

Check out her book, it's really good. She has just begun her story.

-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-

It was strange how in my life, every time I resolved one problem, I was hit with another. It gets me thinking if 'God' has anything good planned out for me at all. Maybe all these problems are just things leading to my death. Maybe these are signs, but who knows.

I pulled up into the familiar parking lot of the school. Nothing has changed in these past two weeks. I had hoped someone blew up the school, but that was very unlikely anyway. Unless I were to do it.

I guess my Aston Martin pulling into the school parking lot really does catch attention, even though I've been coming here since I got the car. I'd thought that they'd be used to it, but apparently not.

I stepped out of my car and pulled my shades off. I saw Riley staring at me from across the field, but I acted as if I never saw him. I didn't want to deal with him right now because I knew I would never be able to tell the truth to him.

I walked into the school not bothering to acknowledge anyone.

I went to my first class, which was history. Then I skipped the rest of the day. I had totally forgotten how boring school could be and how annoying it is.

I hadn't talked to a single person at all this morning, unless your counting the frequent 'hello's'.

As soon as I got out of history, I decided to skip. Ignoring everyone, I walked into the parking lot and sat in my car. I loved the feeling of these lovely black leather seats.

I closed my eyes and put my earphones in blocking the rest of the world out.

I wondered how long I'll have to live. I wish I could grow old and die, but there's no use in wanting something you'll never have. So why mope around about it? I mean I always see the occasional moping around and whining about being human again that Stefan does, but I never really get it. He's wasting his time on something he's never going to get. Sometimes I just want to shout, "At least you were human!" but then I rethink it, because the last thing I need is more pity.

A few hours later I opened my eyes to see people walking out of the school. I stepped out of my car and lent against it. I put my shades on and waited. It was starting to lightly drizzle.

I heard all the rumors. Some of them were insane, but some were reasonable. Most just went like this.

"She got an abortion."

"She cheated on Riley."

"She's hanging with the stoners."

"She's on drugs."

"She's depressed."

"She tried suicide."

"She has become a suicidal."

"She got kicked out of the Salvatore home."

I just ignored them, none of these humans were creative enough to find out the real reason. Once I saw that Riley had come out. I pulled my shades out and looked at him casually. He glared back at me.

With no emotion on my face, I turned around and walked in the direction towards the woods. If he follows he cares.

I walked a few more steps till I felt him following me, hot on my heels. I picked up my pace as I entered the woods, I heard him walking faster, practically in a jog. A smile crept to my face but disappeared quickly as I remembered what I was really here for.