A dance at the falls is never just a dance

"Good morning class!" Alaric said walking in. Is it just me or is he not acting like himself these days. I've been trying to figure him out, but I got nothing so far. Well nothing that makes sense of course.

I mean, I've considered some spiderman stuff and superhero things. I even considered some witchy voodoo stuff, which makes sense in my world. I mean, is he some secret agent spying on us, who's going to blow his cover and kill us or something.

"Okay class, what were we discussing?" He asked tapping the piece of chalk on the board. I raised an eyebrow at this. Alaric was always prepared and ready to overload our minds with a bunch of history BS.

"We've been covering the sixties all week since the decade dance is coming up." Some girl said in an overly peppy voice.

"Butt kisser." I muttered under my breath earning a a disappointed glare from Stefan and an amused one from Alaric. Had he heard? He then turned around and began writing on the board.

"The sixties... wish I could say something good about the sixties, but eeh. Actually it kind of sucked, except for the Beatles of course they made it bearable. What else was there? Of course the cuban missile thing. The we walked the moon and the watergates." He said. Okay something was seriously wrong.

"The watergates were in the seventies, Mr. Saltzmen." Elena pointed out.

"Right. The seventies and sixties all mesh together. Thank you Elena." He said drawling out her name.

~*~

Bonnie and I walked down the corridors, half an hour after dismissal to my locker laughing at jokes and the worst outfits of the week. We gladly gave it to Jennie Joan. The girl wore a dress with rubber ducks painted on it, and red wedges.

I opened my locker to put my books in when a note fell out, slowly falling to the ground like it weighed nothing. Bonnie and I stared at each other confused as we sensed the magic involved in this.

Hesitantly, I lent down to pick up the note with my forefinger and thumb. I opened it up, and Bonnie and I read it together.

"Do not underestimate, my power and myself.

I will get all the power. If you are as powerful as they say you are, don't doubt that I'm coming for you.

Consider your little doppelgänger friend already dead.

Save me a dance love."

The note then set on fire, and I was left with a pile of ashes sitting on my hand

~*~

"You have to puff your hair more." I whined at Caroline. "C'mon. You've done more school then me. You should know the fashion statement back then at least." Caroline and I decided to get ready together considering we hadn't spent much time together these last few days.

"Well, excuse me for busying myself with trying not to cry over algebra and boys." Caroline said, putting more frizzer in her hair.

I rolled my eyes at her, and sat down on the stool, while she began tugging on my hair.

"Damn! You look hot." Caroline commented. I shook my head at her and laughed. "If I played for the other team, I'd definitely do you." By now I was on full blown laughter.

"So you and Tyler huh?" I asked, when I had calmed down.

I saw her giggle and nod dreamily through the mirror. "He's just so cute and his eyes are just.." She sighed dreamily. "He's so amazing to me. I mean he's not like a jerk anymore."

"Makes complete sense." I said nodding.

"So do you love him?" I asked singing love.

She rolled her eyes and ignored my question while continuing on my hair.

"Speaking about love...are you ever going to let me know who your secret crush is? You know the one that gets you smiling. The one that gets that sparkle in your eyes..."

I groaned while she waggled her eyebrows at me. I had to tell her sometime. I might as well do it now, before she eats my head...literally.

"You really want to know?" I asked putting my head in my hands.

"Um. Yeah. I kind of wanted to know for weeks now." She said in a duh voice.

"It's Stefan." I joked, with a serious face.

"Oh my god! But..but... I thought he was like a brother to you." She said with a slightly grossed out face and worried face. I guess me and Elena can't both have him.

I burst out laughing at her reaction as she groaned once she realized the joke I was playing. "Tell. Me. Now!" She commanded.

I groaned again and turned around to face her. I'm so gonna regret this. She's definitely going to kill me or tell everyone. Small chance she may like it, though I doubt it considering that Damon has done some pretty bad stuff to her. "Okay, but you have to promise not to tell anyone." She pouted but nodded.

I sighed loudly then took a deep breath in. "It'sdamon." I said really quickly in a rushed voice.

"What?" She asked her eyebrows knitted together expressing confusion.

"It's Damon." I said refusing to make eye contact with her.

"You like Damon?" She asked shocked.

"No. Me and Damon are kind of...a thing now." I said slowly and hesitantly.

"You're dating Damon?" She whisper yelled, her eyes wide filled with shock and surprise.

I nodded slowly.

She squealed surprising me. She began jumping up an down, her frizzed up hair flying with her. "Oh my god! Oh my god! I knew it!"

"You guys are officially the cutest couple out there." She said and pulled me into a hug, that crushed my ribs.

"Your not angry?" I asked, kind of happy I will have some support, if someome found out and didn't like Damon and I dating.

"No! Anybody with a brain would know, you two basically belong together." She almost yelled.

"Yeah, whatever."

"Uh-uh! No way!" Caroline yelled at me her face angry.

"What?" I asked in a small voice cowering back. An angry Caroline, is a Caroline you shouldn't mess with.

"You are totally telling me deets!" Caroline said flipping her hair.

After finally telling Caroline the majority of the story, we finally resumed on getting ready for the dance. Of course I made her swear on both our lives that she would keep this a secret.

"Does he really like like you?" Caroline asked biting her lips, thinking she had asked something wrong. I rolled my eyes at her childishness and nodded.

"I mean, can you blame him? I am hot!" I said winking at her, while we both laughed.

My hair was curled with a bright pink band on my forehead. I had a skirt and a tucked in shirt and a bunch of accessories, with these crazy wedges. I guess they were wild back then too.

Caroline's hair was frizzed, and her outfit choice was similar to mine.

We both found them from the attic at the Salvatore house. Damon and Stefan sure did keep some pretty stuff.

"Lets go, Bonnie and Elena should be here anytime now." I said checking the time on my phone.

When Caroline and I got downstairs, Elena and Bonnie were sitting on the coach. Bonnie was all fidgety but luckily none of the others noticed.

Damon was standing by the fireplace drinking bourbon, while Stefan was sitting by Elena on the coach. Both of the brothers were wearing black suites, Damon's was leather. I couldn't help but check him out, I mean you can't deny how hot he looks in a suite like that.

He looked over to us right when Bonnie, Elena and Stefan did.

Damon checked me over once twice and repeatedly after that. When he got to my face, I secretly sent him a wink. He caught it and smirked.

Caroline go busied talking to Stefan and Elena while Damon walked over to me and Bonnie stayed seated unmoving.

"You can't expect me to protect you from all the horny teenagers when you got your legs on show like that." Damon said, glancing down at my legs as he pointed it out. "I can only eat so much."

I rolled my eyes and pushed him back making him chuckle. "Damon, you could eat all of New York if you wanted to."

We all got up to leave, as I 'casually' walked by Bonnie.

"Stop fidgeting." I whispered only to her. She gave me a small smile and tried to act normal. "It's going to be fine. Just try and act normal."

I could feel Damon's gaze on me, so I looked over my shoulder, to see him looking at me with suspicion and confusion. I pushed my worries a side and smiled at him. He smiled back and looked away.

Everyone piled up in their designated cars as Damon held the door to his camaro open.

The rest of the cars pulled out of the driveway and just as I was about to get into Damon's he shut the door and pushed me against the car.

"Whatever you're planning, whatever's going through that pretty little head of yours, stop." He told me sternly, looking right into his eyes. "Don't do anything stupid."

I pushed aside my worry of exposing myself and put a smile on my face, raising my eyebrows. "What did you think I was planning on doing?" I asked with a fake laugh.

"Your face says a lot Kayla. Don't." Damon simply but sternly said. With that he let go of me and got into the drivers. I opened up the passenger door and got in knowing Damon didn't know enough.

~*~

The dance was nicely decorated. They could've done better, but I guess it was fine for now. There was a DJ at the booth, who was actually playing some nice fifties songs. The decorations were okay too. A little old, I guess, but good. It smelled like any other school dance, chips, punch, and a mix of flowery perfumes that girls overused.

When we arrived, everyone with a partner left to dance. Bonnie was meeting Jeremy at the dance and Caroline was also meeting Tyler at the dance. Both of them left to find there lovers, while Stefan and Elena joined the dance floor making love sick puppy faces at each other. One of the many things, I wish to erase from my mind.

I could sense Caroline staring at me and Damon as we stood side by side, so I snapped my head to her and she grinned and winked, while she continued dancing with Tyler. I shook my head and softly laughed.

I turned to Damon, just to see him turn around and pick a red rose out of the many vases. He then smelt it and handed it to me. "Do you want to dance Kayla?" He asked. I nodded, with a smile on my face as I put the rose in the side of my clutch so it still showed.

He took my hands and brought me to the dance floor.

"You ready to see how it was done in the fifties?" He asked me while we were dancing normally like most couples.

"You'd show me?" I asked bewildered with my eyebrows raised up.

"Consider yourself special."

With that Damon began showing me his wonderful dance. He was basically the lead, making it look like I knew what I was doing, but honestly I was stunned. Damon was moving himself and me. He did a couple of lifts and twirls a dip or two, then threw me into the air making me spin around midair, then catching me. "Now remember that, because it certainly isn't happening again." He said cockily with a wink and his infamous smirk. I could sense the whole gym looking at us, but I payed no attention to them.

"Nicely done Damon." I said with a smirk, slightly out of breath. Gradually people began minding there own business and dancing again seeing as Damon was done his performance.

"That wasn't just nice, and you know it." He stated with a smirk.

"Your right, it was distasteful." I shot back.

He grabbed me and dipped me, his face very close to mine. "Do you really want me to change your mind, in front of all these people?"

I was shocked at first but then replaced it with a challenging smirk. "Like you would do that."

"Wouldn't I?" He asked, his eyebrows raised.

I thought it over and gulped. "You wouldn't."

"The only way to call a bluff Makayla, is not to be afraid to lose everything if your wrong."

"I call it bluff." I said challenging him.

"I warned you." He whispered before bringing his head down and connecting his lips with mine. A few seconds later he pulled back.

I looked shocked as I brought my hand to my lips. "You didn't."

"But I did."

I got out of Damon's arms and looked around. No one important had seen us. As I looked around once more, I caught sight of Bonnie, looking at Damon and I with her mouth hung open.

I turned around to glare at Damon, who had a smirk plastered to his face. Honestly he didn't care who knew, he still would do what he wants.

"I can explain." I told Bonnie walking over and sitting on the bar stool while she sat beside me.

"You mean that wasn't an accident." she asked shocked.

"Hehe." I said grinning guiltily.

"Explain." She commanded.

"It's a long story. Ask Caroline after everything goes on today."

"Caroline knows?" She asked her eyebrows raised.

"Yes. I explained to her today morning and I ain't explaining the story again."

"I hope you know what you've gotten yourself into." Bonnie warned.

"He's not bad in a relationship." I defended. Damon actually wasn't as bad as people made him out to be. He does what has to be done. I'm sure Stefan has done some pretty bad stuff before in his life too.

"Where's Jeremy?" I asked changing the subject.

"Went to get drinks." Bonnie replied. "He got all touchy, when I told him he had to dress up today."

"You should've call me. I would've given him a nice beating." I joked.

"Who's backing us up tonight?" I asked.

"I had to tell Jeremy, so he doesn't do anything stupid tonight and Tyler so he can keep everything else under control." Bonnie replied, nervously. It made me feel guilty for not telling Damon, but if I told him, it wouldn't be real enough and no one would believe it when it happens.

I put my hand on her arm comfortingly. "Everything is going to be fine."

"Jeremy says that we shouldn't be risking it."

"It's inevitable. Besides, when has a plan of mine gone wrong?" I asked trying to lighten up the mood.

Thankfully it worked and she laughed.

~*~

Soon we were all sitting together laughing away at jokes.

"I should so spike the punch." I suggested.

"No, you should so not!" Stefan said sternly.

"Okay mom!" I said, my voice lace with sarcasm as I rolled my eyes.

"Jeremy, that was my drink!" I whined at him as he took away my glass.

"Clearly not anymore." He said. I growled at him and stole Stefan's glass.

"Kayla!" He whined before taking away Tyler's. The pattern continued as now everyone was happy besides Damon, who remained without a drink.

Suddenly a girl came skipping towards us. "Kayla? Elena?"

"Yeah?" I asked.

"There was this extremely hot guy, that told me to tell you guys, that you two look gorgeous ."

"Well tell the sick freak, their taken." Caroline told the girl glaring at her. Typical protective Caroline.

"Just think about it okay. Oh an Kayla he said to save him a dance." The girl said.

"What did you say his name is?" Damon asked.

The girl gave him a once over with a satisfied expression and answered, "Klaus. Weird name, but mega hot." With that she walked away.

~*~

"Did you find him?" Damon asked.

"That's hard considering, I have no idea what he looks like." Stefan responded.

"My guess is that he doesn't look small and pimply."

"Look again." I commanded as I turned around alongside Bonnie. We began looking around again.

"Bonnie look." I said looking towards the door was.

A nervous looking Elena, was exiting the gym and into the hallway.

"C'mon!" I urge, grabbing Bonnie's hand and pushing my way through the crowd. To say that people were drunk was an understatement. Guess someone spiked the punch after all.

When we got into the hallway, we could hear Elena screaming.

"Elena!" I yelled running towards her voice.

"Elena! Where are you?" Bonnie yelled. Both of us confused. The sounds were echoing throughout the several hallways, giving us no indication of where she is.

Turning several hallways we finally found Elena, but instead of seeing who Klaus really is, we saw Alaric.

I grabbed him by his back and flung him across the hallway.

"What a coward! You can't even show your own face." I yelled at him.

"Why would I want to do that, when I can play like this?" He asked standing up.

"Is that what old age has done to you. Is this all just a game? Is that how granted you take life?" I asked him disgusted.

With a gush of the wind, he appeared right in front of me.

"Let's get one thing clear, you will never defeat me in any form."

I broke off a locker door and shoved it into his stomach.

"Show yourself!" I commanded.

In less then a second, it was no longer Alaric standing there, but a blonde blue eyed man. If I said Elijah looked good, he is nothing compared to his brother Klaus. As the saying goes, looks can be decieving.

"Hello love." He said in a charming british accent.

"Hello Klaus." I snarled at him.

~*~

I pushed Elena, into the cafeteria and shut the door.

"See Klaus. I know what your after, but lets make one thing clear, you're never getting her." I said with a smirk, ignoring Elena's constant banging on the door to let her out.

"See Makayla." He mimicked. "I get what I want and nothing can stop me."

"Well then, I guess I'll be an exception." I stated.

He chuckled. "I like you. You're kinky."

"Of course you like me, who doesn't?" I asked.

He laughed and continued. "I would hate to waste such a beautiful creature as you, but if you don't move, I will have no choice but to kill you."

"She's not the only one." Bonnie said, speaking for the first time.

"You two think you can kill me?" He scoffed.

"We know." I said.

Suddenly I was pushed back against the lockers while Bonnie was shoved aside.

I didn't let myself fall down, as I landed on my feet, and spun fire around Klaus. Though he didn't let that stop him.

He still lunged for me, carrying the fire with him. I had no choice but to put it off, and fight hand on hand. As we both fell against the ground, I kicked him off, pushing him aside. I wasted no time, pulling off a locker door and driving it through his stomach.

He growled as the blood spurred out of his wound, but it didn't seem to effect him too much, as he took it out. He threw the door at me, as I dodged it, missing it by an inch. The next attack was a chair that came flying towards me. Unfortunately, I didn't see it coming, and allowed it to bash me in the head knocking me down.

Klaus didn't waste any time as he took the opportunity and went into the cafeteria.

I quickly got up and followed pursuit, Bonnie hot on my trail.

When we got inside, we noticed Klaus holding Elena, one hand around her waist and one hand around her neck.

Bonnie closed the only exit to the cafeteria with her magic, while I glared at Klaus.

I kept walking towards him slowly.

"You move I'll kill her." I stopped.

"No. I don't believe you." I said. "You wouldn't kill her. You need her. Unless of course you want to wait another five hundred years for the next doppelgänger."

"You really want to risk it?" He asked.

"Sure. Why not? See, Elena doesn't mean anything to me." I lied moving forward. "Why not? Right? I rather kill you who has been a big pain in my butt before I knew you, then save her life."

I watched as Elena shoved a pencil in Klaus's hand making him lose his grip and let Elena lose.

Elena ran to me and hid behind me.

I gestured for Bonnie who took Elena and began towards the door.

"Your smart. I'll give you that, but not smart enough." Klaus spat.

~*~

Third persons POV

Damon, Stefan, Elena, Tyler, Jeremy and Caroline were all banging on the cafeteria doors begging for Kayla and Bonnie to open it.

"Kayla, just open the damn door." Damon pleaded.

"You don't know, how long I've waited to do this Klaus!" Kayla yelled an evil glint sparkling in her eyes.

"Well it couldn't have been long, considering you didn't know me too long." Klaus snarled.

"So you know your enemies I see." Kayla said a smirk playing at her lips.

"I know you more than yourself. You don't even know how to use your powers right yet."

"I'll learn." Kayla said, her smirk growing as she aggravated Klaus more.

"You can't defeat me." Klaus snarled.

"We'll see, won't we?" Bonnie asked, connecting her hand with Kayla.

Both girls stretched out their free hand and pointed it towards Klaus. An electric current ran from their finger tips and hit Klaus right in the chest, knocking him off his feet.

Klaus got up standing on his feet once more. "Impressive, but how long are you going to last." He asked as he dodged the next current.

By now Bonnie was using her and Kayla's strength, performing many impressive spells aimed at Klaus, as both girls' energy slowly drained.

"Is that all you've got?" Klaus asked smirking thinking he has won, seeing the blood drip from both girls' nose.

"No." Kayla choked. "We've got this." With one more powerful spell, the wind in the room picked up, as things began being lifted from the ground; tables upside down in midair and papers swirling by the ceiling lights. A strong bolt of energy released from their hands, red and wild, and hit Klaus right on the chest. He lost his balance and fell, a little dizzy and nauseous.

On the other hand, Kayla and Bonnie were exhausted. Their breathing was faster and sweat was dripping from their faces. Then all together the things floating fell and the doors unlocked, everyone coming inside.

"I'm still invincible." Klaus said smirking as he disappeared from their sights.

Both Bonnie and Kayla's eyes slowly closed as they dropped to the ground. Their no longer remained a heartbeat and their bodies became still. Their skin pale white and cold. No longer living or undead, just dead.

~*~

Authors Note:

Sorry for the wait.

Okay! So I'm like super excited, because this is finally like my 30 chapter!!!!!!!!

And also...... I have over 20,000 readss!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys, like a lott!!!!! <3

You guys are absolutely amazing!!!!! Thanks for voting and commenting! You guys have no idea how much that means to me!!!!

So i changed my cover as u can see!!! Like it?? I'm trying to find a better one though, so I may change it again.

Also tell me if you like or dislike where this is all headed.

I'm trying to make the chapters long, but there is just so much you can write in one week, so the chapters maybe not too long but i'll try and update every week! <3

Anyways! Did you all watch Pretty Little Liars. I was soo excited for it! I mean by now I already want to bash out A's head! At least the season premiere was good!

Don't forget to leave comments! <3

Till the next update of BHAF eat some crackers and miss me lots! ;)

- FangsandVeins (Tabby)