Flutter

"What do you mean they don't know?" I asked.

"They think we are doing research and are going out of town for it." Damon responded a smug look on his face.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Where exactly are we going?" I asked suspiciously.

"That, my angel, is a surprise." He said with a smirk.

I grinned. "Aw. You called me angel!"

He got a look of realization before he nodded. "That I did....by the way it's opposite day."

I smacked his arm. "Way to ruin a moment jerk!" I yelled.

"Hey!" He yelled, in a joking manner. "No hitting the driver."

"So now you admit you're the driver?" I asked him. "I'm disappointed Damon. Your losing your touch."

"Am not." He retorted childishly, while glaring at me before returning his gaze to the road.

"Are too!" I said sticking my tongue out.

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am not."

"Are too!"

"Are too!"

"Are not!"

"Hah!" Damon yelled as I got tricked.

"Whatever."

"Whatever."

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

"Good!"

"Good!"

~*~

"Why are you covering my eyes?" I asked, frustrated that I couldn't see.

"If you saw then, it'd defeat the whole aspect of a surprise."

I huffed under my breath and continued walking where he was leading me. I knew it was the afternoon, and I knew that it was only a matter of about an hour before the sunset, so I had know idea where exactly he was taking me.

"How do I know that your not going to murder me?" I asked.

Even though I couldn't see, I could practically here his eye role and the smirk that plasters his face afterwards.

"I'm not going to kill you, if I wanted to, I would've long ago." Damon reassured me.

"Yeah." I mumbled, still walking to god knows where.

"Where exactly are we now Damon?" I asked as politely as possible.

"Patience is the key." He said in a mocking voice.

"As soon as you let me see again, I'm gonna kick you so hard..."

I was interrupted when Damon groaned. "Can you stop with the threats already?" He asked. "I mean it's not like you would willingly harm this beautiful and sexy body of mine."

I muttered profanities under my breath while I brought my foot up then stomped it down as hard as I could hoping to get Damon, which I did.

Damon blurted curse words but didn't take his hand off my eyes.

"Man! You hit harder then Nikki!" He yelled at me.

"Oh that reminds me, where did my dear friend Nikki go?" I asked truly curious. I hadn't seen her since the day of the dinner. I miss that blondie.

"There was an emergency with her sister or something and she left."

"Oh." I said lamely, a little disappointed that she never even left a note. I guess her sister is important so I'll let it slide, but the next time I see her, I'm going to remember to punch her for leaving our relationship hanging like that.

A few moments later, we finally stopped.

"Are we here?" I asked hopefully.

"Open your eyes." He whispered his breath tickling my ears the slightest.

Slowly but surely, I opened my eyes.

It was...perfect. The golden sand on the beach was glowing the slightest bit in the little sunlight. It looked close to sunset and the beach was silent besides the waves. But what surprised me most was the candles on the beach side on a blanket, the small picnic basket and the faint smell of blood.

"You like it?" He asked, his mouth almost touching my ear which made a shiver run down my spine.

I turned around to look at him and his hopeful eyes. "No, I don't like it." His smile turned upside down and the hurt in his eyes was highly visible. "I love it!" I said. His frown turned into a giant smile and his eyes sparkled. I brought my hands up putting them around his neck, while one of his hands went around my mid-back and the other around my waist.

"Do you not want to go to this date?" He asked jokingly.

I smiled and tiptoed to peck him on the lips. He grabbed my hands and led me towards the secluded beach and sat me on the blanket.

"I made this by myself." He said waggling his eyebrows, looking smug and proud.

After we ate the rather delicious sandwiches and drank the yummy blood we blew out the candles to watch the sunset.

I was sitting in between his legs leaning my head on his chest.

"It's beautiful." I muttered absentmindedly as I looked at the beautiful sunset.

"I can think of something more beautiful." Damon muttered leaning down and kissing my cheek while he tightened his grip around my waist.

Suddenly his grip loosened and in another few seconds there was a cold feeling around my neck and Damon's arms were around my waist again.

I put my hands up to touch my neck and felt a necklace.

The necklace had a beautiful design on it and was heart shaped. There were dark purple and dark navy coloured designs. If you looked closely, the designs were formed in a D and K merged together.

I turned around to look at him and looked in his eyes. He half smiled back to me and I think was debating whether it was too much or not.

"I-" He began but I cut him off.

"Thank you so much! I love it!" I said putting my arms around his neck.

Suddenly I felt myself being lifted from the ground. I opened my eyes to see that Damon was carrying me bridal style.

"This dates not over yet." He said and smirked.

"Put me down." I said sternly. If he was going to throw me in the water, I'm going to set him on fire.

"Relax." He said laughing. "I'm not going to throw you in the water." He said reading my mind .

"I have a beach house here. I decided we'd needed a break with that douche ruining it all." He said.

"I know and we haven't even met him yet." I said.

"I still think he's some scary story they use to scare kids to sleep." Damon said. "Either way, I'd still kick his butt as soon as he shows up."

"He exists Damon." I said with an eye roll. "If he didn't, I wouldn't have that stupid curse."

I was happy just a date didn't ruin the normal us. It wasn't awkward, it was just amazing. Everything, and my necklace was so beautiful. Everything was amazing the way it should be.

~*~

A/N

Ugh! Personally I don't like this chapter too much.

I have no inspiration to write. None! No TVD no vamps.

I'm sooo sorryy!

Next chapter will be wayy better.

Love you my beautiful vampires