Masquerade ball

Kayla POV

I don't know how the hell this happened, but I somehow ended up doing all the girls' hair and makeup. They were practically begging me. They think that I have total awesome makeup skills because I'm like a very good artist. Also I can do the most amazing hairstyles ever. I agree with them, but this job is annoying. I am pretty awesome and artistic, but I definitely don't like helping people. I think I get that from Damon. But whatever, this could be my good deed of the decade.

I did all of their makeup first then while they got there dresses on, I did my own makeup and wore my dress in vampire speed. I still ended up looking amazing. I covered my dress with a huge white robe.

After that, I did every ones hair and then I did my own.

Elena had on a shimmery white dress on, that looked gorgeous on her. Her mask was white and covered around the eyes and most of her cheeks. She looked like an innocent little angel.

Caroline's dress was red and it fit her like a glove. It had crisscross straps at the back, and ended a little above her knees. Her hair was put up in a fancy up-do, that I had learned from an old friend. A few strands of her hair fell out completing the do. She wore black heels, to match the black details on her dress.

Bonnie had on a green dress with ivory colored patterning near the top. Her mask was good. She looked like a bubbly but sexy girl.

My dress was violet with shimmering sparkles, it was one shoulder and a one of a kind dress that I had been saving for a few years. The material was so amazing. It was soft but looked so good. I had these dark purple strap heels on. I had my mask which covered around the eyes and made my eyes stand out. Honestly I looked and felt amazing.

My hair was done similar to Caroline's, but I had more of my hair hanging out of the bun.

"Wow. You look so good!" Elena said squealing. When Caroline saw me her eyes lit up.

"Oh my god! You look gorgeous!" She stated.

Before going down stairs, I broke the vase and slipped the ugly stone in my clutch. We had yet to figure out what more this curse is about and what else it needs. So for all we know it could need like a hundred vampires and fifty withes.

We all went down the stairs one at a time. Bonnie went first and took Jeremy's hand, then Caroline who took Matt's hand, then Elena who took Stefan's hand, then I went down.

I went down the stairs and I could hear Damon's jaw drop. He quickly regained himself and cleared his throat.

"You look..... Beautiful." He stated and took my hand and kissed my cheek. I felt my cheeks get a little red, then regain it's normal colors. I could feel his eyes on me but I didn't look at him. I could only imagine if Riley was here. I quickly pushed the thoughts away refusing to allow them to change my mood once again. I could tell Damon was trying to get my mind off Riley, but the more he tried the more the pain of being away from Riley grew.

I never knew love could hurt this much. I needed Riley.

We sat in my car, which I was allowing Damon to drive.

We made an amazing entrance as we arrived. All eyes fell onto us as our car came into the Lockwood property. If it weren't for the sounds from the forest, it'd be pin drop silence. Damon got out and swiftly moved to my side to open my side of the door. Damon was wearing a tux and let me tell you, he looked HOT!

He took my hand, kissed it, then helped me out and we walked in through the Lockwood estate doors, hand in hand. All eyes were on us and the room grew quiet. Some even gasped. People thought we were a couple. No surprise there. Damon smirked and I smiled while we walked to stand by the rest of our crew. Everyone's eyes followed us an then slowly the room was filled with chattering. Some women glared at me with envy, some women looked at Damon with lust and some women stared at us in 'aww'. Some men looked at Damon with envy, and some men looked at me with lust (gross, some of them were old!).

After the attention was drawn from us, we started quietly talking. I protected our conversation with a sound proof air bubble, and we kept an eye out for Katherine.

I honestly thought she was going to make a big entrance, but I could sense that Katherine had arrived way before all of us.

I looked around the room, taking in every body's face, and making sure Katherine wasn't in the room. 'If I was Katherine, where would I be?'I thought.

After about half an hour, Katherine was still a no-show. The slow music came on, and everyone rushed to find a partner or get off the dance floor. Damon grabbed my arm, and led me to the dance floor. I gulped and followed. Even if I didn't know this dance already, I knew that I could be quick enough to follow.

First was the slow dance. I put my arms around Damon's neck and he put his around my waist. We swayed and moved staring into each other's eyes. We stayed quiet for the first minute, but then I got bored so I asked, "What are you doing Damon?" I actually wanted to know. Why is he dancing with me, and that also a slow dance?

"Dancing with my date, isn't it obvious?" he replied with a smirk. I raised my eyebrows questionably and gave him a doubtful look, then shook it off.

"So..." I said

"So... How are you and Riley?" he asked, trying to see if that was the right thing to say or not.

" I texted him," I sighed, " but he doesn't reply, I'm starting to get worried about him. I'm afraid for him Damon." I said looking back at him.

He touched his forhead to mine, and stared into my eyes. "It's going to be okay Kayla. Everything is going to get better."

"Or worse." "I muttered.

§§§§§§§§§§§Caroline's POV §§§§§§§§§

I waited outside the mansion after I told Matt to go home. Only a few more minutes left, till I have to do my part. Katherine thinks we don't know she's with Jeremy, but we know. Thanks to Kayla's brilliant plan. Let's just hope everything goes as planned.

Suddenly Katherine came out of nowhere in front of me. "What are they hiding? What's their plan?"

"I-I don't know." I said.

"I can tell when your lying. Tell me why little gilbert was dragging me to the lake?" she asked.

"I don't know." I said again with more confidence. She grabbed my neck and banged me against the house wall, and lifted me up, with a death grip on my neck.

"Tell me." She growled.

"They're... distra..cting you, they...are up..st..airs." I managed to choke out.

"Take me there!" she ordered. and as asked I led her to the room.

Once she entered I smiled big, "I can't believe I did it, I actually did it!" I squealed and walked back to the party where Elena and Bonnie where standing in a secluded area by the garden.

************Kayla POV*************

I swept around from place to place, making sure no humans saw me and that everyone was safe. Caroline did her part and now it's the plan in action.

I swept around the party once more, I found a teenage boy sitting in a room alone. I entered.

I swept in front of him and he lept in surprise. I looked into his eyes, "You will not scream, struggle, feel any of this or be scared. After I'm done with you, you will fall asleep and not remember any of this tomorrow morning." I compelled staring right in his eyes.

I then lent his head back sinking my fangs into his neck, sucking the blood. The blood entered my mouth, and slid down my throat. His blood actually tasted good. After about fourty seconds I pulled back and wiped my mouth. I put some of my blood into his mouth to heal his wound, then licked away the remaining blood away from his neck, then ran out from there, leaving the boy on the coach. I knew I shouldn't have done that, but I was really hungry and I needed the strenght.

I walked to where Elena, Jeremy and Bonnie where standing. Caroline seemed to have gone to check on Matt and Tyler and Damon and Stefan were doing there job.

Before I could say anything, I felt a sharp jab in my stomach. I grabbed my stomach in pain and my breath hitched. I growled thinking somebody stabbed me, but when I looked up I saw Elena grabbing her stomach in pain. "Bonnie heal her! Jeremy stay and help. Bonnie unspell her from Katherine! Don't worry about me."

********* Damon POV************

When Katherine came in, I immediately slammed her against the wall. She pushed me back hard, causing me to fly into the opposite wall breaking a table.

Stefan then charged for Katherine with a stake, but Katherine moved out of the way and pushed Stefan into a wall.

Before, Katherine could even blink, I had driven a stake through her stomach! I wish that was her heart.

***********Kayla POV***************

I ran off to the room where Damon and Stefan were keeping Katherine hostage. I saw the same stab in her stomach at the same spot. She connected us! The wench, has a witch! Our witch just spelled this room, so Katherine and all other vampires couldn't get out.

I entered in and stopped Damon from stabbing Katherine again. "Stop!" I yelled. Damon and Stefan both looked at me and Katherine smirked. "Everything you do to her happens to Elena, and me. I can heal but Elena can't."

"Took you long enough." Katherine muttered. I growled at her. 'Bonnie, did you unspell her?' I sent her through my mind. 'yes, but you and her are still connected, I need more power before I try anything else.'

"There Elena's not attached anymore." I muttered.

"Oh, well you still are." She said, and then the sick women stabbed herself again. I growled loud and grabbed my stomach in pain.

Damon and Stefan moved forth to stop her, but Katherine just said, " You move and I'll drive this stake through my heart, killing us both."

She was healing faster then me. She stabbed her self again and I felt the jab in my leg, then the other leg , then a long cut on my arm. I hissed at her. "Stop!" Damon and Stefan both screamed, with scared looks on thier faces.

"Very well, we'll just wait for the witch to despell the room." She muttered and stabbed herslef once more in her leg before sitting down on the sofa. All three of us growled at her while I fell to the floor groaning in pain. Damon flashed beside me and bit his hand, shoving it in my mouth. I made sure to not take too much. My whole dress was covered in blood.

I now sat on the armchair, Katherine on the coach, Damon by the doorway seeing if the room is despelled or not and Stefan in the middle of the room.

I glared from where I was sitting to Katherine, Spitting every swear word in every language at her through my mind. I think I was projecting my thoughts a little loud because Katherine smirked at me before turning to the brothers.

"The three of us again. Just like old times. The brother who loved me too much and the brother who didn't love me enough." Katherine said.

"And the evil slut vampire who only loved herself." Damon spat from the doorway. 'Nice one Damon.' I thought and smirked.

"What happened to you Damon? You used to be so sweet and polite." Katherine stated. Damon turned around facing her.

"That Damon died a long time ago." Damon stated.

"Good. He was a bore." 'Ouch' I thought.

"Why don't you guys stop antagonizing each other." Stefan suggested finally stepping in the middle.

"Where's the moonstone?" Katherine asked.

"What do you want with it?" Stefan asked dodging her question.

"Does Kayla and Elena enjoy having you both worship at their alter." Katherine asked. I growled at her.

"That was really desperate Katherine. Don't you think we could see right through you?" Stefan asked. Katherine got up from the coach leaving me glaring at the now empty coach.

"So it doesn't bother you that Damon is in love with your precious little sister Kayla?" Katherine asked. Now Damon was walking towards us and stopped a foot behind Stefan. I growled more menacingly now and stood up.

"Oh stop it." Stefan said.

"Or what? You'll hurt me? Everything I feel Kayla feels. So go ahead." She said then turned towards Damon. "Or better yet, kiss me Damon, Kayla will feel that too."

I couldn't take it anymore, I got up and was ready to pounce at Katherine but Stefan caught me and held me back. I growled at her.

"Why help Mason? Why give him the one thing that could possibly give them the ability to end the lives of all vampires?" I spat at her.

"Sorry about your pet wolf. Guess you should've kept him on a tighter leash." Damon said suggestively and cockily.

Katherine turned back to Damon.

"I'll have to remember that for next time. He's not the only wolf in town." Katherine said.

"Wait... You gave the stone to george lockwood in '64 didn't you?" Stefan asked.

"Good job Stefan! Everyone thought it was in the tomb with me, before Damon here opened it. Thanks a lot for that Damon." Katherine said sarcastically. "Have I mentioned how inconvenient your obsession with me has been?" Katherine asked Damon.

"You and me both Honey." Damon replied as cocky as ever.

"Why do you need it back?" Stefan asked.

"I love you in a suit, your dashing." Katherine said turning to Stefan trying to change the subject.

"What were you doing with it in the first place? Because it wasn't yours to begin with Katherine." I said.

"You faked your death in 1864. Who were you running from?" Stefan asked.

"In 1989 you were in that concert with that wench Lexi, front row, dancing all night long. Of course I checked in on you. You were watching bon jovi and I was watching you." Katherine said trying to flirt with Stefan. Damon turned around and I stood by Damon now just for support.

"Who were you running from?" Stefan asked.

'I love you.' Katherine mouthed. Good thing Damon couldn't see.

I groaned and went to the drinks Damon came by me pouring a glass of bourbon.

"I'll have one of those." Katherine said eyeing the drinks.

"Of course Ms. katherine." Damon replied mockingly in a high pitched voice. Well however, high Damon's voice can go. Now I'm going to do what Damon was waiting to do all this time. I used all the energy I had to push the magic out of me. Unbinding me from her. It took a lot out of me to push my shield into pushing magic out,but I did it.

When Katherine was distracted with the drink, I lounged at her and slammed her against the wall with a stake raised above her heart. I was breathing frantically in anger.

"No Ree don't. We still need her. We still need answers." Stefan pleaded, using my nickname which he only did when he was really desperate or in an important situation. He usually used it to get me to listen.

"I'm surprised you never figured it out. Elena is needed. She is the doppelgänger. You need her to break the curse." Katherine said fixing her dress and posture.

Damon and Stefan stood wide eyed, shocked. I wasn't. Because I wasn't giving up that easy. If Elena dies, I die too.

"Oh for the sake of Holy fricken God! Let me kill the wench already!" I begged throwing my hands up in the air. "No ones going to miss her anyways."

Suddenly a witch came into the door.

"It's done Katherine." She said and handed her the moonstone. How she got it was beyond me. I was sure it was in my clutch then the next minute it was just gone.

I growled and lunged at Katherine for the moonstone. Elena is not dying. Not today, not ever.

I lunged at Katherine grabbing the moonstone and throwing it in to Damon's hand.

I growled showing her my fangs and viens.

"Well aren't you a beauty." Katherine said. I bit her neck sucking her blood out of her and making her shriek. I pulled back and stood by the witch.

"You helped her!" I shrieked. "You dared put MY loved ones in danger! "I yelled. She looked terrified and took a step back. I was breathing heavy now and It was clear I was angry. Stefan and Damon knew better and just stood there.

"You didn't look that confident first." Katherine choked out from her spot at the ground. "What's this venom?!" She asked touching her neck. I released venom in her. If she doesn't take blood fast or if the venom doesn't spill away from her wound, It will either make her one of the other type of vampires or kill her.

"A little trick I picked up in vancouver." I lied as smoothly as possible. "And for your first question, it's the same reason you ran, to preserve your life, but at the moment you tried hurting Damon or Stefan I would've killed you and not think twice. Even if it meant killing myself." I said and turned back to the witch.

"Now what to do with you." Damon asked eyeing the witch and circling her.

"No wait. I only came to do this. Sorry for bothering you guys." Then she looked at Katherine and made her yelp in pain as if she was choking. The witch smiled and walked out.

We watched Katherine wither in pain then past out. Wow.

"I'll go toss her into the tomb and make sure Bonnie locks it." Damon said. Stefan was about to object but I shot him a look that said shut up.

************************************

A/N

Here's where the fun begins. The excitement. Love, fights, kidnapping, near death and originals are coming up! A couple of chapters will lead to that of course.

Anywayyss. Thank you for reading the book, the likes, but I am still aiming for 100 likes for the book and for all the reads. Thanks guys!

Also I have over 1000 views which is just sooo amazing! Thank you!

Don't forget to

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

SHARE.

I'll update soon! Lots of love!

XOXO