Dumb Kidnappers

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

― Oscar Wilde

-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*

*****Damon POV****

I couldn't take my mind off the incident that happened in the hotel. I couldn't take my mind of her. It's like she's taken a permanent residents in my head. Everywhere I look I see her face.

I'd thought I could drink it off, like I did with Katherine, but she just won't go away.

I took another swig from the bottle of bourbon. She came in my mind again. Her perfect skin, the most beautiful forest green eyes, her hair that was set below her waist, in perfect auburn locks. Her muscial voice and the curves in her body set in all the perfect places....

No...No! Damon doesn't love, Damon doesn't feel! I do not love anyone but myself. It's definitely the bourbon talking.

'Oh yah, but wasn't she the reason you decided to get drunk?' A voice in my head taunted me. I ignored it.

And even if I did 'love' her, she's been through too much to end up with someone like me. I bet 'God' has something great planned out for her, while I get a boring and broody brother, a father who didn't like me, and someone I loved who loved my brother more. That is if that wench I use to love is capable of love.

''Damon have you seen Kayla?" Stefan asked.

"She said she went to the library." I replied in monotone.

"She went yesterday night. I thought she'd be home by the time I woke up, but she's still not here." Stefan said pacing. I snapped my head towards Stefan. I hadn't even realized it was morning.

"Did you call her?" I asked.

"Her phones been disconnected." He said with worry.

"What! I find this out now!" I yelled. I quickly pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed her number.

"Aagh!" I screamed throwing the glass of bourbon at the wall, when the 'phones been disconnected' message came.

"We'll find her." Stefan said determined. He took out his phone and started texting everyone.

"Call Bonnie, witchy might be useful for once." I said.

"Damon," Stefan said looking down at his phone. "Elena's been missing too."

-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-

*****Kayla POV******

I got out of my state of unconsciousness and blinked rapidly as the light blinded me. Once I got use to the light I opened my eyes more and noticed where I was.

It looked like an old house and had high ceilings. Dust covered every inch of the house, and the dark curtains covered the windows not letting a peek of sunlight in.

I was laying on the floor and when I attempted to move, it hurt. I knew what had happened. The people who had kidnapped us, were vampires, and soon found out of my immunity to vervain and bled me out. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out, it just takes a vampire.

Every inch of my clothes were coated with red blood and my hunger for blood grew.

I noticed I was behind a sofa. It wasn't cramped though. The space was big.

I propped myself up on my elbows and sat up leaning against the coach.

I felt someone tap my forehead. I looked up to see Elena peering around the sofa to me.

"Elena?" I asked in a tiny voice, it was all I could manage.

She held her index finger to her lips then pointed to her ears.

So the vampires were indeed in the house.

She held her wrist below my mouth and gestured for me to drink. I shook my head.

"My hunger is too much, I may not control it." I said in a small voice.

She pleaded me with her eyes to drink and I shook my head once more at her.

She put her wrist against my lips and just as I was about to bite, Elena was pinned to the sofa.

I noticed it was a boy.

"Didn't I say no funny business?" He asked Elena. Elena nodded rapidly.

He took me and sat me beside Elena.

"I'm Trevor, who are you?" He asked.

I looked at Elena.

"She wouldn't tell me your name, and while I was bleeding you out, she was being a handful by telling me to stop." He said sending glares to Elena.

"Did you really find me a threat?" I asked.

"Yes, because somehow you could walk in the sun and we can't. We've been looking for a way for the past five-hundred years and we found nothing, yet you can walk in the sun." He said peering down at me. Wow, the smart-arse tells me his weakness. I thought the older would be wiser, but apparently not.

I pushed him back with the little strength I had.

"Makayla." I said.

He nodded and left.

"Why'd they take us?" I asked.

"They said that an original wants me for a sacrifice and your just extra. They are trading us for their freedom."

Elena said, clearly confused.

"Originals are very powerful vampires. They are the first." Elena nodded knowing I was too tired to talk. I leaned my head back on the sofa as the burning and hurt in my body continued.

I kept drifting from concious to unconscious.

Finally I couldn't take the pain anymore.

It hurt like hell, like every bone in my body was broken. It hurt more then me not having blood for two weeks. I barely have any blood in my body. The burning in. My throat grew, and my stomach did more flips then I thought was manageable. I felt like puking, but even if I did, I don't have anything to puke out.

"Elena.... It hurts." I cried falling onto her lap as the tears spilled.

"Shh. It's going to be okay." She cooed and showed me a paper.

It said 'we are coming.'

"Elena....I need it now!" I cried as the other wave of pain hit me once more. Her face looked worried.

My coughing grew hoarse, and Elena's worry eyes grew. I fell from her lap to the floor. "Kayla!" She yelled and rushed to my aid.

Two more people came in, I recognized Trevor, and the other lady was anonymous to me.

"Rose, please give her some blood." Elena cried, with a worried look on her face. Her heart beat was fast, and made my thirst worst. I knew I wouldn't drink from her, after all, Stefan loves her and I can't risk it.

"I'm sorry I can't risk it. We've been running for too long. I can't anymore. He will be here for you guys soon." Rose said, with no remorse. That selfish prick!

"You...just..exist, you selfish rat!" I yelled with as much strength as I could gather.

Someone lifted me and placed me on the coach.

I opened my eyes again as I had fallen asleep. My head was on Elena's lap, as she ran her hand through my hair. We both had teary eyes. Her eyes had fear. My eyes had mere hopes of getting out of here alive and well.

I closed my eyes to listen.

"Where is she?" A new voice said in a strong british accent.

"In there." I heard Rose's voice respond.

I heard footsteps walk in and I opened my eyes. The man was dressed formal.

"There's two?" He asked.

"The other one is a powerful vampire." In a flash he was in front of us.

He studied Elena first.

"Ahh. The doppelgänger, never going to forget that face." He said.

I coughed loudly as the pain hit me again, then calmed down. His attention turned to me and my face turned towards Elena shielding me from his gaze.

I never had felt so vulnerable and so much pain.

"You bled her out." He stated and Rose gulped.

He took two fingers to turn my head and I groaned from all the pain.

"Hello, what's your name?" He asked like he was talking to a child.

"Ka-ka-kayla." I said.

"Your the child of the Cullens." So he knew. "I'm Elijah." The original.

More tears went sprinting down my cheek.

He went to lift me and Elena yelled, "No! Don't touch her. She's been through too much." Ugh! I hate pity.

"So has everyone." Elijah said with no emotion.

"No! Please. Leave her and take me." Elena pled. He ignored her and lifted me up bridal style and gestured Elena to come.

"Aagh!" I yelled as another flash of pain hit me.

"Let me give her my blood." Elena asked.

"I can not risk you dying. Believe it or not, I actually need you." He said. He put me down again and killed Trevor and Rose in a second without any hesitation or guilt.

He lifted me up again when someone went around us in a swish. My breathing picked up. More people knew we were here. This is just great!

"Who else is here?" The man asked.

"I-I don't know. There was only two people." Elena said looking around.

The swish came again and I was taken out of Elijah's hand.

A hand was pressed against my mouth and I was held against a wall by the stairs. My eyes widened in alarm. He put his index finger to his mouth, signaling me to be quiet. I focused on his face trying to get my vision to clear. My vision cleared a bit and I relaxed knowing it was Damon.

He set me down by the wall and put his wrist in my mouth. He let me drink his blood for about a couple of seconds before he had to go and help get Elena.

He left me by the wall, but not before kissing my forehead and caressing my cheek.

I let my eyes close and let the darkness eat me. I felt a presence and I hesitantly opened my eyes to find the original. He was staring at me, and I didn't move, trying to show him I'm not afraid. No matter how vulnerable I may be at the moment, it still gives no one the right to see my helpless side.

He lent down so he was face to face with me.

"Who is it?" He asked.

"I-I don't know!" I croaked out.

He studied me and looked into my eyes. His pupils dilated. "Who is it?" He was compelling me. Originals can compel vampires? New fun fact.

"I don't know." I responded in monotone while pretending to be in a trance.

He looked convinced. "Don't move." He said trying to compel me. Then he ran away.

I opened my eyes again to Damon.

"Hey." He said, while slipping his hands under my legs and lifting me up in his arms.

"What happened?" I asked. I could feel myself slipping into unconsciousness.

"I killed him." He said.

"He was an original." I said.

"There was nothing scary about him."

"That's what you taught me, be scared of no one and nothing."

"Mhm." He said.

I felt myself slipping into the blackness again.

"Kayla! Stay with me, don't close your eyes." I heard a voice say worriedly. The voice was so amazing. Like bells ringing. I think I was in heaven. The angels sounded so good. There voices were like musical bells in my ears.

I was sure though, this isn't heaven. It wouldn't be this painful and I did nothing to deserve heaven.

"Open your eyes. For me? Please!" I heard the angels musical voice sing worriedly.

I slowly obeyed the angel and opened my eyes.

The scene came into view as I noticed this was no where near heaven. I was in a car and the angelic voice was coming from Damon. That was weird since I always thought Damon would make a good demon, but now that I think about it, he has a bigger heart then that.

"She needs blood." Someone said. I turned my head to see Alaric, in the front passengers seat and Elena was in the back with me and Damon.

"Thank you captain obvious, but she needs human blood right now." Damon said, with strong sarcasm at the beginning. "So unless your willing to tap a vein I suggest you shut up."

I found someones hand in front of my mouth. It was Alaric's. I was still in Damon's arms.

I looked to Alaric and he nodded, encouraging me to take a bite. I looked at Damon and he nodded too.

I felt my veins come and my fangs extend, I breathed in the scent of the blood deeply before biting into his wrist. I drank for a minute before Damon told me to stop.

I opened my eyes and moved away from his wrist. I felt stronger, but still weak.

I looked at Alaric, "Thank you." I said. He simply nodded and turned back to the front. I looked to see who was driving and finally noticed Stefan. He was looking at me from the rear view mirror with a worried look on his face. When he noticed me looking at him, I flashed him a smile, he returned it but his was more of a sad smile.

I slowly let myself slip into unconsiousness as the darkenss called upon me. Slowly the world disappeared from my vision and I was met with the darkness of my slumber.

-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*

"Run..."

"They're coming." the voices screamed. My breathing picked up, and I ran harder, but no matter where I ran I couldn't escape the dark shadow of the trees.

Everything was the same, everything looked the same.

I turned around looking again, I tried listening, but nothing, only the sounds of the forest.

"He's coming...." The voices whispered, "He wants the curse broken."

"And you stand in the middle..." The voices said softer, so soft I could barely hear the voice.

I saw someone pass by me around in a cirlcle. I started running again, but the person followed.

My foot caught on a root and I fell. This never happens, I never fall. This can't happen I'm going to die.

I got up and tried to run again, but I noticed something different. There was blood right by my heart. I was so afraid to look down, but I did, and I noticed a stake.

I turned around right before death came upon me and saw, a man with blonde hair and blue eyes smirking right at me. Then everything went blank.

-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*

I woke up and groaned as I felt the pain around my body spread like a tingling current shock. Good, I wasn't dead, I think. That stupid scenario thing was a dream.

I slowly opened my eyes to be met with Damon's face literally a few inches from my face. I screamed and fell down, but before I hit the gorund Stefan thanfully caught me.

Stefan sat me on my bad and gave Dmaon a glare. Damon being the jerk he is, only smirked. Stefan gave me a blood bag and a cup of coffee. I grabbed the bloodbag and sunk my teeth into it, ignoring the tube your supposed to drink from.

I savoured the taste of the blood as I drank happily and hungrily. I gave the now empty bag to Stefan to trash.

I got up and stretched then wiped the remaining blood on my mouth with the back of my hand. I picked up the glass of coffee and walked out of my room.

I could only imagine the rumors that would be spreading, since I haven't been to school in two weeks or talked to anyone from school in a week.

As I walked down stairs, for the first time in a few days, Riley came into my mind.

-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*

Authors Note:

Don't kill me... please...I'm to young to die....no.

ok, sorry, I know it was a short chapter, but honestly the last one was longer and took me hours to write, so I made this one a little short. I promise I'll make the next chapter longer then this one. <3

(Check out @arianabunnyfreak book. It's really good, she's an amazing friend and writer, very creative one actually, so I assure you her books will be amazing.)

(No seriously, go check her out.....not in that way...)

I hope you guys enjoy the chapter.

Remember to

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

SHARE

Till my next update..... hug a book...kill a cat....

xoxo -Tabby