Death is Long Overdue

"honestly... i loved this chapter... yea i did... hehe (: please tell me when are the cullens cooming!!! i want to know (desperate face) please please please keep up the good work!! hehe btw i love this fanfic it is AWSOME!! hehe... ps. tell me in what chapter do the backstabing cullens come.... exept for rose.. obiosly..... please tell me (puppy dog face)... ps. ps. I AM A BIG FAN OF UR WORK :3" - @nesli21

~*~

It took all of five seconds for me to discover who was really standing there. There wasn't just one person, there were two. It was when the figures stopped moving that I began realizing that the bodies belonged to none-other then Damon and Elijah. Right away I knew that Damon pulled the heart out and Elijah the head. It wasn't rocket science, if you knew them like I do, you know their killing technique. Everyone has one.

They both looked at each other weirdly before growling at each other. "What are you doing here?" Both of them spat at the same time, as they glared daggers at each other.

"Saving Kayla!" They both answered, and looked just about ready to pounce on each other. Damon seemed way more riled up than Elijah. In fact Elijah just looked liked he didn't care, he was just answering questions.

"Um.. If you guys are done fighting, Caroline and Tyler are passed out, and I can't feel my body..." I began, trailing off. These buckshots in my body have been inside me for so long, that every time I move something pokes me, so right now I'm just feeling numb.

Their attention turned to me, and Elijah's face showed no emotion as he stood their motionlessly, but the guilt and regret was evident on Damon's face.

In a blink of an eye, Damon was in front of me, untying me from the old wooden chair. Damon's fingers worked quick as he untied my arms then feet.

What I wasn't expecting was Damon being grabbed just as he freed me from this chair. Damon was locked in Elijah's hold. Damon had his back facing Elijah, while Elijah had his arm around Damon's neck in a strong grasp.

"You know, I came here for a reason, a specific reason." He paused for a few seconds in which he put a dagger through Damon's stomach. Damon didn't make a sound besides groaning and hunching over a bit. "I'm a man of my word, and those who go against me get punished. I was willing to let all our fights pass. I was willing to kill Klaus for all of you. I was willing to kill my only family for you, but you betrayed me, and now your going to pay. You have two options, come with me willingly, or witness lover boy here, getting killed in front of your eyes."

I was just about to move, but my body was paralyzed, as I couldn't move an inch from my spot.

"Elijah, c'mon, you don't have to do this." I began protesting.

"The sad part is you don't know nothing of your powers and what you possess. The strangest vampire alive, and I know you better than you'll ever know yourself."

"Elijah, please." I pleaded, my eyes watering and the desperation clear. Right now I didn't care if he was talking about my damn curse, all my focus was set upon Damon, and the arm around his neck.

"One." He began taking the dagger out from Damon's stomach and holding it above his heart.

"Elijah. Please don't." I begged. Damon's eyes were begging me to leave.

"Two." I noticed how the dagger was now touching Damon.

"Thr..."

"Fine!" I shouted making him bring the dagger back. I ignored Damon shaking his head telling me not to do this. "I will go with you. Just let him go first."

The dagger was driven into Damon's stomach, and I was lifted from the chair. In seconds the signs of where we were before had passed.

I had no time to say goodbye. I mean I didn't even know if I was returning. I had no time to just hug Damon one more time. I feel bad for leaving Damon like that. He was only trying to help in his weird way, and I made a big deal out of it. If only I had left him on a good note.