Ericsson Boarding School.

No one's POV.

The sun begins to dusk in the west with its shining light going through the trees of West Virginia on a warm mid summer day in July 6th, 2020. Nothing was moving about the woods, except for a bunch of teenagers with a horse, pulling a wagon holding a bunch of supplies and weapons. Their dog, Rosie, was riding in the back of the wagon, resting and keeping her ears and nose open for danger. Each child has a weapon that they're comfortable with, despite not having much knowledge on them. Two of these kids, Y/N Miller and his girlfriend, Clementine, are leading these kids to their old school that they stayed at before The Delta came and took two of their friends, as well as destroying their home. Not one of them spoke a word, too focused on watching the trees for any Delta enemies until Y/N looked up at Ruby, who was driving the carriage asked.

"Hey, Ruby. Are we getting close?" Y/N asked.

"Yeah, were almost there." Ruby said in a scared tone. Everyone on this trip is on edge. They're never sure when or how the Delta will attack them. But they feel safer that they have Y/N and Clementine. Even A.J makes them feel a bit safe, even after what happened with Marlon. Louis then came up to them with his pistol and keeping it pointed at the ground, making Louis walk a bit awkwardly to them.

"How you holding up, Louis?" Clementine asked.

"I'm..not gonna lie, I'm scared shitless." Louis said straight up.

"We're scared too. But Y/N and Clem told me that the best way to make our fear go away is to tell it to fuck off." A.J said innocently to him.

"Wish I could but I don't think fear doesn't like me very much. I think it's because of my bad breath." Louis Says one of his quirky jokes.

"That's good, Louis." Y/N said.

"What is? My bad breath?" Louis said.

"No. I mean your making jokes while we're in danger out here. It helps ease you and everyone else down. Despite your bad jokes." Y/N says.

"Hey!" Louis Says as Y/N smiles devilishly away from him. They walked a bit before Louis Says.

"Hey so, how is it that you guys know Kenny so well? Seemed like you four are close." Louis asked Y/N, Clementine and A.J.

"Could ask you the same thing. Kenny seems to be popular around Alexandria." Clem Says.

"Kenny helped a bunch around Alexandria. From first glance, he just looked like any other survivor out there. But he had so much knowledge on fishing, that's how we build up those traps by the creek." Violet said.

"He's also a very smart man. Never thought in my life that I'd learn so much about respect and trusting others." Ellie says.

"That's funny coming from you, Ellie." Aasim said.

"Excuse me?" Ellie said.

"Um, nothing." Aasim said in a worried tone as he quickly turn away.

"Yep, that sounds just like him. As me and Clementine, we known him from the start. He was the first guy I met from an old group we were in." Y/N explains.

"What happened in your old group? If you don't mind me asking." Violet asked.

"The same thing that happens to every group. They all die or get in a civil dispute and fight with each other until there's no one left but two or one." Clementine Says. Violet didn't say anything more and just kept walking with the group. They walk for minutes until they reach a open gate that appeared to be forcibly opened. Beyond the gate is a big building with a chapel tower. Picnic tables flipped and broken with sofas torn apart and a court yard with a flag pole in the middle with no flag.