Stay up forever.

Clem's POV.

I wake up after I hear a cry when I quickly realized that Y/N and A.J weren't in the room with me.

"A.J? Y/N?" I Said as I sit up. No answer. "Boys? Where are you?" I Said again. Then I hear another cry. Sounds like a baby? I get up from my bed to feeling a cold chill on my body. I go to the door and went out to the hallway to find a horse trotting down the hallway? Before it goes down the hallway that leads to the outside, it looks at me with a look of anger. What's going on? I then hear a scream. Sounds like Y/N!

"Clementine! Help me!" Y/N's voice cry's out in the distance. I began running down the hall and when I turn the corner, the horse was dead on the floor. That's when I see the door leading outside, with an orange glow and gunfire. I go down the hallway as the baby cry's are getting louder.

"A.J! Y/N!" I called out. Nothing but the sound of gunfire and something burning. I go passed the dead horse and to the door where it starts to get really hot. The cry's of the baby are worse and Y/N's cry's are not any better. I looked outside the window on the door and it was too bright to see outside. I turn the nob and open the door. The cry's where now deafening as it go really bright that I had to block it with my arm. I felt an extreme chilling my body. As I realize that I'm in the middle of a blizzard. I rubbed my arms together to keep myself warm as I heard a voice behind me.

"Clementine." The voice said. I looked behind me and I couldn't tell who it was from the blizzard. I pushed through the rough winds as it clears up and it's Y/N, in his old military coat he wore before.

"Y/N? What's going on? Where are we?" I asked.

"It's your fault." Y/N says.

"What?! What do you mean?!" I Said.

"I'm dead." Y/N says. I was too confused until I see the big red mark on his body. Along with his scar on his face all infected and filled with puss. "I'm dead and it's all your fault."

"No! I would never do anything to you! I love you!" I shouted.

"And look at what you have done to A.J." Y/N said as he's holding A.J with a big bite mark on his arm and looking very pale. "You did this."

"No! No! NO, I KEPT YOU BOTH SAFE!!" I shouted. Just then a big gust of wind blows in my face, making it very hard to see. When I looked back at where Y/N was, I see that he's gone and where he was standing was just a big puddle of blood soaking into the ground. "Y/N? A.J? No! No! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!" I screamed as I fell to the snow.

I shot straight up from my bed because of the same dream I had for days. The night at the ranch when we went to save A.J and what happened with Y/N during that winter and what I had to do to protect him. I looked to my left and saw Y/N, still sleeping like a rock. I smiled at him sleeping, knowing he's always with me. I looked to A.J to see if he's asleep too but he's not in his bed, he's instead on the dresser, crouched down and holding something.

"You we're having a nightmare. The same one about the ranch. The one you used to have all the time." A.J Says. Me and Y/N Never told him about what happened before the ranch. He shouldn't need to know about that horrible winter.

"I'll be fine, I just need a minute." I Said while I rubbed my eyes and sat up on the bed. I then see what he had in his hand, which was a knife I made for him from scrap. "What's up with the knife?" I asked as he shrugs as a response. "Did you have a bad dream too? You've been having them a lot recently."

"I feel more safer this way. Not sleeping. I wanna stay up forever, I probably could." A.J Says.

"Probably not. You wouldn't have enough strength to fight bad people by day five." I Said.

"But I could try. Try really hard to stay up forever." A.J Says before he groans and holds his gunshot wound.

"Here, let me help you to bed." I Said as he stand up from the bed.

"No!" A.J Says. I then slowly sat back down on the bed, knowing he won't go back to bed, even if I held him down and tire him out. "You don't have to keep checking on me. You And Y/N always say, be tough, so I am. You say, be strong, and I will."

"We raised you to be strong, not stupid." I Said.

"I'm not!" A.J Says.

"Well, shutting people out when their trying to help you, that's stupid." I said.

"Please, don't call me that." A.J Says. A.J then sat down on the dresser. "I'm sorry you guys had to do the hard work. To atone me." A.J Says. He then gets down from the dresser and heads to the door. "I'm gonna help you guys more. So you don't always have to do everything."

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"On patrol." A.J Says.

"...Patrol." I Said.

"To look for danger. You know, monsters, bad people. To keep you guys and everyone else safe." A.J Says.

"I'm not a fan of the idea, but go ahead. I'll actually sleep better knowing that your watching out for us." I Said. A.J smiles and heads to the door and closes it. Just as he left, Y/N wakes up to see me awake and A.J not in the room.

"What's going on? Where's A.J?" Y/N asked.

"He's going on patrol." I Said proudly.

"Why?" Y/N asked.

"Why else? He's doing it to make sure we're safe." I Said.

"Oh good. About time the kid started doing the patrolling, so I can get some sleep." Y/N jokingly said. I shook my head at this and I laid my head back on the bed and soon fell asleep.

Next morning...

I woke up, feeling better after I got proper sleep after my nightmare that I had. I look around and saw Y/N looking over the map of the school where we look at all the traps and defenses for the school. I look over at A.J, who was heavily asleep after his little patrol last night.

"Morning." Y/N said.

"Good morning, Y/N. So what's next on the plans?" I asked as I stood up and picked up my hat and kissed Y/N good morning.

"I think we'll train everyone on how to use guns for a few hours. Then in the afternoon, we'll fix the gate and maybe if we have time, we'll try and fix the guard tower. Maybe do a little over time to try and get it done." Y/N said. He then looks to A.J, who was still asleep. "Should I wake him?"

"Nah. Let him sleep. He had a busy night last night." I Said.

"Yeah, Alright. Let's go get everyone up and motivated." Y/N says. He leaves the room and I took another look on the map before I left the room too.