Hey sweetpea...

Clem's POV.

It's a beautiful day as I look outside of my glass door of my house and see in the reflection as my eight year old self. The pool is covered. The birds are chirping. My treehouse has the ladder down to ground level. It's all so peaceful as I remembered everything from before inside this kitchen. Mom would always make pancakes for breakfast for me in the mornings and dad would have his coffee and make his lunch for work. Then I'd have my school stuff ready and waited on the porch with my neighbor Sandra as we waited for the bus. That's when someone from the shadows in the living room came into view and it was...Lee...

"Hey, sweet pea." Lee Says as he comes over to me at the glass door.

"Hey, Lee..." I Said.

"Why are we in your house? You'd normally pick the train when we have these talks." Lee Says as he looks outside at the backyard.

"I don't know. Maybe because this is where we first met and where it all truly started. And it's when we figured out what the walkers were and how to kill them." I Said.

"Yeah, it was a quick learning experience. But luckily you were a quick study. Come on, let's take a walk outside." Lee Says as he opens the sliding glass door. We stepped out on the backyard porch and headed towards my treehouse. "So what's on your mind this time?"

"I've got a lot of people that depend on me and I've got a lot to protect as well. It worries me because I'm not sure what I'm doing is right." I Said as we went into the shade of the tree and sat down where I kept my old tea set.

"Oh I know the feeling. You know, I was Uh..making it up as I went along, right? Couldn't let on, of course. With you being so little and all." Lee Says.

"You kinda had to think on your feet. The dead returned to life and killed the living and you got stuck taking care of an eight year old girl." I Said.

"You were a handful. But I didn't "get stuck" with anything. You kept me going. Wanna tell me what your up against?" Lee Says.

"We got into a new community. We've been in so many before..and most of them fell apart. But I like this one. It's..different. It feels like a home." I said.

"That's great. It's tough to survive without anyone else to help you. Aside from Y/N and A.J Of course." Lee Says.

"But us and the community is in danger. Some raiders took some of our friends in the community. And getting them back, might put the whole community at risk." I Said. Lee stays silent with a smile for a moment before he says.

"I'm not worried." Lee Says as I looked at him surprised. "Whatever danger your in, you'll get out of it. You'll get your friends out of it." Lee Says.

"You can't be sure of that." I Said.

"But I know that your a survivor. You and Y/N, have survived this long now. The kids I knew a long time ago can fix it. I really believe that." Lee Says.

"I...Your right...I just needed to hear you say it. We're gonna get em out. All of them. Alive." I Said.

"That's right. Imagine how they'll feel, when they see that you've come to save them. You'll have given them all hope again." Lee Says as I let out a saddening sigh. "Aw sweet pea, you always get like this before something big happens. Remember how scared you were when you led those bandits away from Y/N when he was injured? You survived that, didn't you?"

"Yes but that was different. I was alone at that moment." I Said.

"Having something to lose is tough. But having people that care about you and you caring about them, is a good thing. Friends. A little boy who thinks the world of you. A young man who loves you more than anything. They're fighting beside you. Because of you. As for Y/N, he helps you and he helps you, be strong in a crisis like this." Lee Says as he gets up. "Come see me again when it's all over. Next time we can talk more happier things."

"Lee. I miss you...so much. I wish you were really here..." I Said.

"I miss you too, Clementine. But we'll have to make do with pretending." Lee Says sadly.

"Thank you, Lee. Talking to you, makes me feel a lot better." I Said with a smile. He smiles back and heads to the covered pool before he turned around and says.

"Oh I meant to ask...How are your two boys?" Lee asked.

"A.J's good. You'd like him." I Said.

"And Y/N? From what your telling me, you and him have gotten fairly close with each other." Lee Says with a smirk.

"Yes...we Uh...Gotten close." I Said in a shy tone.

"Clem, He has my blessings. Don't you worry." Lee Says as I sigh with relief. "Did you teach A.J how to shoot yet? I'm sure Y/N taught him well."

"You have no idea." I Said with a chuckle.

"Guess the world got pretty hard when I left it. A kid growing up in all that, he'd be hard too. You and Y/N are in my shoes. Raising a kid. Think you've got a handle on it?" Lee asked.

"A.J...Is a bit of a challenge. But he's a great kid. We've taught him well. You'd be so proud of us." I Said.

"You mean more than I already am?" Lee asked. That made me get up and run to him and embraced him in a hug. We stayed like this until I hear the gate that leads out into the street open. Lee let's go and looks down to see myself as an eighteen year old girl. "Wow. Just look at you." He says as I chuckle.

"I know I told you that I'd keep running, Lee. But me and Y/N are done running now. We have a home with people that we can trust." I Said.

"I trust this home of yours isn't in the city?" Lee asked.

"No. We've hardly ever gone into the city's. It's a big community. Heavily guarded with big walls and well trained people to protect it." I Said as Lee nods. He then sees my hair and touches the one pig tail I have.

"Thought I told you to keep this short?" Lee asked.

"You've got no idea how hard it is to find a pair of scissors these days." I Said. Lee then turns and goes towards the gate.

"Time to go, Clementine. You've got people that need you." Lee Says as he goes through the gate and into the distance, disappearing in the distance.

"Goodbye, Lee...."

"Clem, baby, get up." Y/N Said as he gently shook my shoulder to wake me up as I shot my head straight up.

"It's time?" I asked.

"It's time. Everyone's already outside at the gate. Ready to go. We should go say bye to whoever's gonna wish us good luck." Y/N says as he grabs our backpacks. I nodded and I grabbed my hat and walked with him outside.

Time to risk our lives....For the last time, hopefully.....