The last stand.

Narrators POV.

"Got to hell, you fuckers!" Is what Kenny shouts at the people trying to kill him and Y/N. It wouldn't matter to him if they had killed him of not. Because he'll be dead soon. He could feel the infection going through, from his arm and it'll soon go to his head...and he'll die. All that mattered to him was that Y/N got out safely and to his family. He, Clementine and A.J are safe now. Soon, Kenny will be going home too....As three Delta soldiers climbed the cliff to the mines entrance, Kenny checked how much ammo he had...Only four left. Maybe, he thought, maybe he would save the last one...for him...No time for that however, so he got out of cover and shot and killed two of them but the other one had the smart idea to switch to his pistol and shoot at Kenny, shooting by his head but missing. Kenny then took cover behind his rock and in a desperate attempt, he waited for the guy to get close and smacked him on the head with his pistol, knocking him down. Kenny aims his gun at him and the soldier says, on his knees begging.

"No wait!! Pl-Please do-." Before Kenny shoots him on the head. One bullet left...Right before Kenny could do it, he heard fast footsteps on his left and someone had tackled him to the edge of another small cliff that had a creek down it. The person turned out to be Lily, with the eyes of rage and determination as she turns Kenny on his back to look at her as she was on top of him, holding him down.

"You fuck! YOU FUCKING MONSTER!" Kenny says.

"I'm a survivor, Ken! A survivor!" Lily Says in between punching the man twice. "That's all there is now!" She says as she swings at him again but he grabs her fist, holding back the punch. "Surviving Or Dying!" She says, Before Kenny and her fall down the cliff to the creek below. Kenny ended landing next to the creek and has a slow current going down, with his right hand in it and the blood from his bite flows down the creek. Lily lands on top of a dirty and wet mud. Kenny got up slowly as he coughed up blood. The infection getting worse as he stands on his feet before Lily grabbed him and practically threw him away from the creek.

"Oh Kenny, you have no idea, how long I've waited to kill you!" Lily Says as she threw a punch at him but he blocked it and threw a punch back. He was getting weaker from the bite he took but he used all the strength he could find to fight back at Lily.

"I should've killed you all those years ago!" Kenny Says as he kicked her and sent her back stumbling. She then had enough of this and took out a knife from her boot.

"After I'm done with you, I'm gonna kill Y/N and the rest of those little shits at that school!" Lily says as she swings her knife at at him but misses. She then stabs at his stomach and Kenny try's to stop the knife from going further into his abdomen. "I'm a survivor! That's all there is in this world. Surviving or dying!" She says as she kicks Kenny to the ground and laughs at him. "And your the one that's gonna die!" She taunts him while pointing her knife at him. Kenny felt the blood going down his stomach and grabs a rock next to him.

"No doubt!" Kenny Says as he throws the rock at Lily's face. She groans in pain as she drops her knife from the impact of the rock. Kenny then runs up and grabs her knife and is about to stab her in the face with the knife. Before she does a spinning kick to his face. Which makes him fall back and drops the knife. Lily sees the blood dripping down from her forehead and laughs again.

"Still got a little bit of fight left in you. Don't you, Ken?" She says as she stomps towards him as Kenny slowly gets up again. Before Lily pins him against a tree. She took off his eye patch and digs at his messed up eye. Kenny screams in torture as Lily smiles like a devil at the old man's suffering. Kenny reaches for what ever he could find to stop this torment and find a lose branch on the tree. He rips it off and smacks Lily with it on the head. She let's go of Kenny and stumble back. Kenny recovered quickly from the last bit of adrenaline he had and charged at Lily, tackling her to the ground. He then threw many punches at the crazy freak before he was getting weaker and weaker. So weak that the next punch's were light and Kenny got nauseous again. He then got off her and fell to the ground. He knew he couldn't get back up even if he tried. He looks around and sees the gun he had, right next to a small patch of daisies. He began crawling towards the weapon as he weakly breaths in and out. Lily then got back up, now feeling a daze from the amount of blows she has taken all night.

"Oh Ken. Your not gonna reach that gun. Your not." Lily Says as she moves towards Kenny. "You have lost. My old, dying friend. You've lost!"

"In the end, Lily....Despite my best efforts....It turns out I've won...." Kenny Says weakly as he inches closer to the gun and is gonna grab it. "Goddamn ya!" He says as he lays his hand on the pistol before a foot lays on top of it and crushes his hand as Kenny yells in pain.

"It's over, now. Kenny. Your done." Kenny looks up and sees that Jackie is the one on his hand and the gun to kill Lily. Kenny looks up at her with his one eye. The one eye now a light shade of yellow from the infection inside him.

"Oh, Jackie...You've been brainwashed...You can still bounce back..." Kenny Says weakly, tryin to talk Since into her. Jackie just stood there, shooken to see the one man that saved her brothers life. Like this, on the ground dying. Lily then limped slowly to them.

"He's been bitten. He's dying. Dying people say the craziest things, you know this." Lily Says to Jackie. She then looked back down at Kenny.

"I did all I could. For your brother...I did..." Kenny Says. Jackie then showed some glimpses of sorrow for the man as she removed her foot off him. Kenny then slowly turned on his back. Painfully doing so.

"Let's go, Jackie. We can catch up with who ever is left and hike back to the base. Come on, that's an order, soldier!" Lily commands Jackie, who looks at the unstable woman with emotionlessness.

"Y/N made it. He and his friends made it...Me?" Kenny Says as he raised his hand, to show the bite on his wrist. "No...But..I tried....In the end....I did..." Kenny Says as his breaths now dying slowly. Jackie grabs the gun and looks at Lily as she backs away from Kenny and her.

"Jackie, let's go! We can still make it!" Lily orders. Jackie just turns and walks away. "Jackie! COME ON!!!" Lily screams but Jackie never looks back. Disappearing into the thick woods. Lily then growls in anger as she too walks away.

Kenny just smiles. Feeling as if he had won. Feeling like he had finally done something...Real in his life. He then crawled his way down the creek as he sees the sun rising in the distance through the trees. Shining down onto him as he turns on his back right next to the creek again. He then turns his head, exhausted from fighting and surviving. Looking at the sunset and some figures standing in the water. Turned out to be...His wife and son. Before they then appear right next to him. His wife then puts her hand on his cheek and whispered....

"Come home to me, Kenneth..."

Meanwhile....

Tired, lost lots of blood and heartbroken, Y/N stumbled his way through the woods in a attempt to try and find the school after he had succeeded in escaping the mine and going over the bridge Kenny had told him to do....Kenny....He had given his hat to him again before he did his final stand that Y/N couldn't help him with. The guilt and sadness filled the young man's body as he looks through the woods and sees the back gate to the school and felt so much relief as he inched closer to it. Louis was at the gate, watching out for any of the Delta in case they had followed them. What he saw was a broken Y/N and felt relieved once he saw his friend still alive. He called for the others as they all ran to the gate to help Y/N inside. Clementine was the first to go through the gate and hugged him. He didn't hug back and Clementine then noticed the hat on his head. She asked where was Kenny but to no response. Y/N just broke down in tears as he fell to his knees and held Clementine tightly as he sobs into her coat. She then quickly figured out what happened as she felt the emotions her boyfriend is now feeling. She looks back to the gate and sees A.J standing there, tears going down his cheeks as he had seemed to catch on. They then all embraced at the loss of a long time friend.