The funeral and leaving.

Ellie's POV.

After I gave A.J the coffee and told him some useful survival advice, I went back to the house me, Violet and Ruby stay at and washed some dishes before I need to go to the funeral. This maybe the toughest funeral I may go through. Not just cause it'll be emotional, cause I wanted Y/N, Clementine and A.J to come to the funeral as well. After what A.J tried to do last night to Marlon, everyone's gonna be debating what to do with them. As I finished washing a plate, I hear the door open and Violet comes into the kitchen.

"Funerals gonna start soon. You coming?" Violet asks me. I sighed and placed a plate on the drying dish rack.

"Yeah, I'm coming." I Said as I turned off the water. Me and Violet walk out of the house and to the garden where Brody is being buried, next to everyone else that was lost here in Alexandria. As we go down the street, we see some people going to the garden as well to say goodbye to Brody, including Carl and Sophia.

"Hey guys. Is the funeral starting?" Carl asked.

"Yeah, it's starting. Everyone is gonna be there. Including Y/N, Clem and A.J." I Said.

"I know, Violet told me. This is not gonna end very well. I just know it isn't." Sophia Says.

"Well, they were Brody's friend too. They need to say their last goodbye to her." Violet Says.

"We know, it's just that everyone's probably not gonna like it that a kid almost killed someone here and is attending someone's funeral. Those two things are not a good combo." Carl Says.

"Well, we're gonna find out what happens at the town meeting later." I Said. When we approached the garden, we see Ricks council, a majority of Alexandrias residents and Marlon's friends. Marlon was giving his friends hugs goodbye. I'm glad that mullet wearing them son of bitch is going, first he killed Brody, then he blamed it on Y/N and Clementine and then he pointed a gun at me? Fuck. Him. We get closer to the crowd and he gives his last goodbye to Louis and says.

"Take care of Rosie for me, will ya?" Marlon Says.

"Will do, bro. Stay safe out there, Alright?" Louis Says.

"I'll be just fine, Louis." Marlon Says as he let's go of Louis. He then turns to Rosie, who gives him a sad puppy dog look and wines. "I'll miss you, Girl. You be good now. Take care of everyone here." He says as he kisses Rosie on the head. He picks up a backpack and walks passed everyone, who gave him a mix of sympathy and anger. Most of that anger came from me and Violet. He ignored us as he passed us and didn't even acknowledge me as he goes to the gates. Rosie then wines and goes after him. We then joined in the crowd as we see Tenn and Ruby go up to Brody's grave to mourn. Ruby puts daisies on the grave.

"Brody, you always wanted to go to the beach. So I drew it for you." Tenn says as he puts a picture of a beach on her grave.

"That's sweet, Tenn. She's now swimming in the ocean. As free as she can be." Maggie says as she puts a hand on Tenns shoulder. Rick then turns to me and Violet.

"You want to say something for Brody?" Rick asks us.

"Yeah, I can." I Said.

"No Ellie. I..I don't know if I can..." Violet Says nervously.

"It's okay, Vi. I'll be there for you, always." I Said as I held her hand. She didn't look at me.

"Okay." Violet says silently. We go to her grave as I held her hand. We stood in front of it and I said.

"Brody...I didn't know you as well as the other kids I hanged out with...but you were a good person. Just wanted to help people and you were friendly...at times." I Said as some people chuckled. "You introduced me to Violet, the best girl I've ever known. All I can say is thank you. You can rest easy now, Brody..." As I finished some people clapped with approval. I looked at Violet. "You wanna go next?"