Epi one: Done running.

Narrators POV.

The trees of Virginia glow in the early mornings sun rise as overgrown vines cover them and the backroad is overgrown with grass. As a decaying walker crawls it's way to a speed limit: 30 sign, a muscle car roars right passed the walker. In this car is two adults, 18 year old Clementine and 19 year old Y/N Miller and their 7 year old adopted son, A.J. Y/N was at the wheel of the car, driving carful with one hand, eyes locked on the road ahead of him. Clementine was looking on the USA map of all the places they've been to. From Michigan to Mississippi. Their goal is to visit all fifty states, in search of a new home. While A.J was spinning the cylinder on his revolver. Clem took notice of this and puts down the map to look through the rear view mirror at him.

*sighs* "Whatcha doing there, goofball?" She says, a little annoyed with the sound of the cylinder.

"Pretending we have bullets." Says A.J, who spins the cylinder again.

"Well we don't. So please stop." Y/N says in a serious but gentle tone. Since his father was Texan, his southern accent is starting to show slightly. Which Clem likes a lot. A.J stops spinning the cylinder and looks at them both.

"I don't like goofball." He says in a sincere voice. Clem then frowns slightly at what he said. "I'm getting too old for it."

"Awww, I like goofball." Says Clem.

"Your still our little goofball. No matter how old you are." Says Y/N.

"It's time for the both of you to stop. It's Alvin Junior." A.J Says in an annoyed voice.

"A.J still work?" Clem asked.

"A.J still works." A.J Says with a approved nod. This makes the two adults smile. A.J then held his belly and frowned. Y/N noticed this.

"What's the matter?" Says Y/N in a concerned tone.

"Hungry." A.J Says. Clem then looks down in between her legs and sees the backpack on the car floor. She puts it on her lap and opens it and sees a Resident Evil Comic #4. She hands him the comic.

"Here, practice your reading." She says. A.J takes the comic and opens it.

"But I don't wanna." A.J Says, whinnying at them.

"It'll help take your mind off your stomach. Plus, it's time for you to practice more." Y/N says. Clem smiles at him and he smiles back.

"The He-Hero's fight thei-their w-w-way! Through the un-un-der-ground tunnels of-of mon-mon-sters. They so-soon find the man res-res-responsible for the outbre-bre-outbreak!" A.J Says, reading the comic out loud.

"See, there you go. Your getting a lot better." Clem Says.

"But I'm still hungry." A.J Says, putting the comic down. Y/N then sees that he's not wearing his hat.

"Where's your hat, A.J?" Y/N asks him kindly.

"It's here." A.J Says, picking up the hat and showing it to him.

"It's supposed to get bright today. Don't want the sun in your eyes when fighting walkers." Y/N says.

"Right." A.J Says, putting on the hat. Y/N then smiles at this because he did what Kenny told him to do with it. Clem continued to look through the bag and saw a disco broccoli toy inside. She got an idea and pick up the toy. She then held the toy in front of A.J.

"Hey there, Alvin Junior! It's me, disco broccoli!" She says in a disco broccoli voice. "Word on the street is that you wanna eat me! Is it true? Do you wanna eat me?" A.J laughs at this.

"Come on Clem, I cant eat a toy!" He says.

"Aww man, my feelings are hurt!" Clem Says in the disco broccoli voice.

"Well, my stomach hurts!" A.J Says crossing his arms.

"Sassy." Y/N says. Clem puts the toy back in the bag and finally finds the last bit of chips they have left.

"Here you go. About all we've got." She says, handing the chips to A.J. A.J opens the bag of chips and looks at his adoptive parents.

"What about you guys?" He asks.

"Go for it. We'll find something that'll work." Y/N says.

"I believe you." A.J Says, taking a bite of chips. Clem and Y/N both looked at each other and frowned. They've always told A.J that they will find something to call home. But they both know that may not be the case...What's even worse is that they're not too sure how to explain it to him when he figures it out...